Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Weird Battle Commendations

Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:45 pm

In playing the Swedish-Russian scenario I found that there seems to be something rather screwy about how leaders are congratulated or blamed for wins and losses. I found that winning battles as the Swedes my leaders were getting blamed for suffering a loss while on the flip side the Russian generals were getting congratulated for their "victory" which was actually a loss. I started rerunning the same battle and found that the Swedes won every time yet almost everytime their leaders got dissed for a loss while the Russian leaders got congratulated. Only once did I see the proper congrats for a Swedish leader in that battle and only when the Russians lost twice as many men as the Swedes.

Actually I've seen this in every scenario and after scratching my head in puzzlement I finally thought that leaders who lose their whole commands were getting dissed for a loss despite that side actually winning the battle. But after paying closer attention that doesn't seem to be the case. In many battles there is little rhyme or reason behind whether a leader gets congratulated or blamed. I agree that leaders who get their whole command shot out from under them ought to get blamed for a loss even though their side won the battle. I just wish the system whereby leaders get congratulated or blamed made more sense as regards who won or lost the actual battle. :cool:

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”