oxford_guy
Corporal

How can you find out about new units?

Fri May 09, 2008 3:04 pm

I think I understand how replacements work, and am pleased you can see those available in the ledge, but is there anywhere that indicates what reinforcements (i.e. new units) you will receive and when? As I understand it these are not linked to replacements at all.

For example in the Peninsular War campaign the Coalition player receives Wellesley and additional British, Portugeuse and Spanish units - but is there anywhere (even in an external file, maybe?) I can find out what these reinforcements are and when they will arrive? Thanks

Pocus

Sun May 11, 2008 8:19 am

You can know everything about the scenarios by downloading the complete NCP database, in the modding forum. That is a great way of becoming a modder btw :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

oxford_guy
Corporal

Mon May 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Pocus wrote:You can know everything about the scenarios by downloading the complete NCP database, in the modding forum. That is a great way of becoming a modder btw :)

Okay, thanks for the tip. Could you just clarify something, I've been looking at the files beginning LGE_Setup_scenar..." etc., do the MinDate and MaxDate specify the range of dates *when* the units list below that section are to appear on the map? Also do the values for "AddToRegList" specify *where* the units are to appear? If this isn't specified (such as is the case for the British Peninsular Army), then how do I find out where they appear? Thanks

Pocus

Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 am

yes, this is that.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DavidCox
Civilian

Thu May 22, 2008 2:39 pm

I don't get how reinforcements or rebuilding the strength of divisions works. Can someoner help me?

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”