IronX
Conscript

Improving chances of activation?

Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:07 pm

What steps can be taken to improve the chances of a general passing his Activation Test? I'd imagine that being within the command radius of a superior (if there is one) would help, as would being in a friendly rather than an enemy-occupied region. Any advice to help avoid seeing those 'brown envelopes' would be appreciated!

Pocus

Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:04 am

It is all based on the strat rating, so a good army commander can help. A bad one can even give a penalty!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

IronX
Conscript

Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:36 pm

So there's nothing else that can be done to improve the general's chances of passing the test? I would have thought some (favorable) external factors would help.

Henry D.

Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:49 pm

IronX wrote:So there's nothing else that can be done to improve the general's chances of passing the test? I would have thought some (favorable) external factors would help.

I believe, if a leader didn't move in the previous turn, he gets a + 1 bonus on his activation die-roll. So it is a good idea not to move inactivated leaders if not absolutely necessary...

Regards, Henry :)
Henry D, also known as "Stauffenberg" @ Strategycon Interactive and formerly (un)known as "whatasillyname" @ Paradox Forums

"Rackers, wollt Ihr ewig leben?" (Rascals, Do You want to live forever?) - Frederick the Great, cursing at his fleeing Grenadiers at the battle of Kunersdorf

"Nee, Fritze, aber für fuffzehn Pfennije is' heute jenuch!" (No, Freddy, but for 15p let's call it a day!) - Retort of one passing Grenadier to the above :sourcil:

Pocus

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:28 am

You also have an option in the ledger which grant a new roll to unactivated leaders (depending of the scenario).

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

IronX
Conscript

Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:21 pm

A couple of good tips, thanks!

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”