Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

A Few Questions

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:07 pm

I recently purchased Napoleon's Campaigns and have a few questions regarding what seems to be conflicting rules.

1) What is the supply distribution length in areas? The printed manual and ingame tootip says 5 areas yet the Adobe version of the rules states 3 areas. Which is correct, 3 areas or 5 areas?

2) Do units with lost entire elements have to be in separate brigades and not in divisions or corps as the note on page 59 of the Adobe version of the manual suggests in order to receive a full replacement element? In my first game of the 1806 Jena scenario Mortier's corp has the "1e Division 2c" gain an entire element even though it is part of a division in Mortier's corp and starts the game locked. Is the note on page 59 incorrect?

I received a line in the message log stating that I received a full element when looking at it on turn 2, a conscript infantry regiment. On turn 3 I saw another message in the message log that said I had received an infantry regiment in the same division of Mortier's corp. What it really was was that conscript infantry regiment I received the turn earlier that was trained up since Mortier trains troops. The message that I received an infantry regiment is misleading and should say I had a regiment trained up, like Birth of America told me.

Pocus

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 pm

1. 2 segments of 5 regions

2. It can now be done. The code is more up to date than the manual.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

Thanks!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:02 pm

Pocus,
Thanks so much for the answers that help me understand what is really going on. Much thanks for telling me of the two segment limit to the 5 area supply distribution range, that two segment limit is really important to know and was left out of the rules. I'm glad the code was upgraded so that we don't have to hunt for units with missing elements every turn and then find some way to separate them from their corps or divisions to have them accept entire replacement elements. The Adobe rules ought to be updated to include this salient information. Much more player friendly now. :thumbsup:

Also nice to see a new 1.07 patch coming out, downloaded it and will apply it today. :coeurs:

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:02 pm

Great source for answers are also the
AGE Wiki and the
AACW Wiki !

A lot of "obscurities" where clarified when I bought and played AACW ;)

Omnius
Lieutenant Colonel

NCP Wiki?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Bernadotte,
Is there an NCP Wiki? Thanks for the heads-up on the other Wiki's!

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Omnius wrote:Bernadotte,
Is there an NCP Wiki? Thanks for the heads-up on the other Wiki's!
I don't know any (unfortunately) :(

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”