lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

PON Leader Promotion Question

Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 pm

I've created a leader mod that adds quite a few new leaders for PON. To get the leaders to show up in game I'm using a modified version of McNaugton's event that changes the leader pool, only I've set the limits for each level of leaders to 999.

Everything works fine, except for one thing. On the turn after the leaders appear in game all 2 star leaders that have a 3 star model upgrade to their 3 star model regardless of what date I've set as the DateIn for the three star model. So even though it's 1850 and a given leader may have 1860 set as the DateIn for his 3 star model he still updates to 3 star rank in 1850.

Is this WAD? Is the game supposed to upgrade enough people to fill the quotas for each rank regardless of what the DateIn is set to? The wiki seems to indicate that leaders should not be promoted before their DateIn for the higher rank model. Specifically the following line: "Leaders outside the date range will also be excluded when a leader must be picked (see below)."

I'd really like the game not to promote leaders until they reach their specified promotion date. As a workaround I've simply capped the amount of three star leaders available. Is there any way to achieve this other that capping the amount of available 3 star leaders in the leader pool?

Pocus

Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:02 am

The wiki is misleading, the dateIn dateOut is only used if the leader is not on the map, and thus will be created to fill up a slot. If a leader is already on the map and there is a need for a promotion, then he will be promoted.

I'm not too sure though if your way of thinking would not be the best, problem we can't patch PON right now.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Too bad it's not something that can be changed right now but I can work with the system as it is.

Return to “Modding AGE engine games”