Valkerian
Civilian

Addining money and resources

Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:33 am

I have tried repeatedly to use the database and csv spliter provided to create a scen. Cant get the scen to work seems to default to vanilla scen....Is there any other way? I am using excel...do i need open office?

PhilThib

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:10 am

No, you don't. Once you have done the csv file from excel, you run csv splitter (setup tab) on the said file, and you will obtain a text file name 'script'

In you game folder, you remove the scen file (in the scen folder) and you place the script file you just made in the script folder. Make a backup of existing files before ;)

This done, run the game, and hit the F9 key as soon as you see the AGEOD logo. You shall notice in the upper right corner of the screen something like "Edit Mode" :)

Wait until you see the game show up on the screen (if it does not show, you just see the menu and a message saying you made mistakes). Then save the game...and 'voilà', your modified scenario is ready.

If you can't succeed with this, send me your excel file by PM here.

Have fun
:thumbsup:

Valkerian
Civilian

Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:38 pm

thanks
I did not remove the scen file from game folder before i tried that might be it. I'll try

PhilThib

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Yes, if you don't remove, you can't save the new one (unless you plan to save it under another name of course)

Return to “AACW Mods”