jimwinsor
General of the Army

Wacky Winter Weather

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:31 am

Still! Even after the latest patch. I'm seeing winter snow throughout Texas (including Loredo and Tucson), as far south as Houston. All thru the deep south, including New Orleans. Just not right!

http://www.climatesource.com/us/fact_sheets/fact_snowfall_us.html

More weather tweaking needed IMO. There really needs to be a "no snow" line set in this game, south of which it will not occur. Convert to mud instead.

PhilThib

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:04 am

May be you could give us a rough map sketch of the wheather patterns ?

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:20 pm

I think there is one in that link...the white(ish) areas would be no snowfall areas.

The only thing I'm not sure of, is what exactly the other color bands represent in terms of snowfall. I get the impression while white(ish) is none/almost none, blue and purple are lots.

jimwinsor
General of the Army

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:45 pm

Ah here's another good snow map, this one interactive (year by year).

http://gis.ncdc.noaa.gov/snowfallmo/

marecone

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:48 pm

I like your first link. I think that should do the trick.
Thanks for helping us all to improve the game :coeurs:
Forrest said something about killing a Yankee for each of his horses that they shot. In the last days of the war, Forrest had killed 30 of the enemy and had 30 horses shot from under him. In a brief but savage conflict, a Yankee soldier "saw glory for himself" with an opportunity to kill the famous Confederate General... Forrest killed the fellow. Making 31 Yankees personally killed, and 30 horses lost...

He remarked, "I ended the war a horse ahead."

christof139
Lieutenant

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:55 pm

jimwinsor wrote:I think there is one in that link...the white(ish) areas would be no snowfall areas.

The only thing I'm not sure of, is what exactly the other color bands represent in terms of snowfall. I get the impression while white(ish) is none/almost none, blue and purple are lots.

Yeah, Blue is lots and Purple is a whole lot such as in 10-feet and 20-feet and 25-feet annual snowfall.

Chris

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”