Hasardeur
Sergeant

1-Theater Champaigns

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:09 pm

Hallo,

if I remember right, you have planed to integrate some 1-theater campaigns, but in the release version, they are missing.

Can we expect to get it later or are there any reasons not to integrate them ?

Greets,

Hasardeur

P.S.: By the way, I really love this game ! When can we expect your next projekt been released ? :)

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:13 pm

"Theater champaigns"... I love the name of your thread! :niark:

No, they could not be included in the release version because we miss some data about inter-theater reinforcements (see ACW History club).

As time goes, we plan to include more campaigns in the game.

Philippe Thibault will surely give you more info on this subject.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

PhilThib

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:05 am

I still have these under production. I have done 2 of them already, but i am still 'losing' time checking for missing historical data that is very hard to dig out (inter-theaters reinforcements / interventions)

Pocus

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:04 am

we are in the design phase of our next project, Vain Glory of Nation. This project will take some time to finish, but another AGEOD, secret game, is also due this year :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:12 am

Pocus wrote:, but another AGEOD, secret game, is also due this year :)

Let me guess.. you a french, so there will be a AGEOD game about the napoleonic wars.. right? :niark:

Pocus

Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:21 am

There are many possibilities, we will let you guess!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

DennyWright
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Is it the 30 Years War? The Hundred Years War? 7 Years War?

sval06
Captain

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:53 pm

DennyWright wrote:Is it the 30 Years War? The Hundred Years War? 7 Years War?

Hopefully France was involved in so many wars in History... :niark:

FlyingElvis
Private

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:54 pm

DennyWright wrote:Is it the 30 Years War? The Hundred Years War? 7 Years War?

The Seven-Day War? That should be easy to code by the end of the year, it's only 7 days long. :niark:

Tirailleur
Private

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:02 pm

we are in the design phase of our next project, Vain Glory of Nation. This project will take some time to finish, but another AGEOD, secret game, is also due this year

Oh man these guys make me crazy… :bonk:

I think I will arrange a money transfer order… :D

… oh, yes - please napoleonic :dada:

LMUBill
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:05 pm

Pocus wrote:There are many possibilities, we will let you guess!

Caesar vs. the Gauls??? Vercingetorix vs. the Nazis??? The Bourbons vs. the Whiskeys??? What is it?!?!?!

PhilThib

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:34 pm

Hint: the Blue vs the....oops :fleb: :niark: :siffle:

Hinkel
Lieutenant

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:39 pm

PhilThib wrote:Hint: the Blue vs the....oops :fleb: :niark: :siffle:

Blue = France
Red = England

But
vs the....oops :fleb: :niark: :siffle ... could be a mix of colours.. cause france fought against all european countries :)
I got you!!! :cwboy:

FlyingElvis
Private

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:43 pm

AACW expansion! Some free scenarios and "what ifs" like Napoleon decides to join the rebels. There's your Napoleonics. :niark:

PhilThib

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:58 pm

Hinkel wrote:I got you!!! :cwboy:

Did you ? :niark: :sourcil:

kgsan
Corporal

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:43 pm

PhilThib wrote:I still have these under production. I have done 2 of them already, but i am still 'losing' time checking for missing historical data that is very hard to dig out (inter-theaters reinforcements / interventions)

Any chance of a Western theatre campaign being released soon? I was looking forward to that one as a good way to get a handle on the full game mechanics without getting swamped with all the details attendant to trying to play the complete war. Or are y'all looking to release the theatre and the yearly campaigns as some sort of add-on purchase?

jelay14
Corporal

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:39 pm

FlyingElvis wrote:AACW expansion! Some free scenarios and "what ifs" like Napoleon decides to join the rebels. There's your Napoleonics. :niark:

Isn't it already possible for the French to come in on the side of the Confederacy?

Tarokaja
Colonel

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:49 pm

The Blue vs ... the White ? War of Vendée, ou french revolution ?
Yoroshiku

tc237
Colonel

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:20 pm

A Mexican War add on would be nice.

kgsan
Corporal

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:14 pm

Bumping this thread because I'm curious if we can get an inkling of when some of the intermediate length scenarios (i.e. single theatre or single year campaigns) might be released. Also, from Pocus' comments above I wasn't sure if these would be offered as a separately purchased add-on or simply as a patch to the game.

jelay14
Corporal

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:49 am

tc237 wrote:A Mexican War add on would be nice.

I second that.

Well, actually, I should play the Civil War game first. Waiting for the semester to end and get cash back from books before I can buy this.

Hell Patrol
Lieutenant

Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:20 am

:siffle: Blue vs. The Gray...that must be it!

Pocus

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:03 am

AACW single campaigns will be free

kgsan
Corporal

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:04 pm

Pocus wrote:AACW single campaigns will be free

Thanks Pocus. Based on y'alls track record with BAO I had assumed this would be the case. I was just confused by your announcement above, as I had not realized that AGEod was planning another game release for later this year. Looking forward to that, whatever it may be.

For the AACW scenarios are you still planning to release both yearly campaigns (covering both theatres) as well as Theatre campaigns (covering a single theatre for the whole length of the war)?

Regards,

kgsan

Pocus

Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:34 pm

The actual work will be on the shoulders of PhilThib, with the help of the betas, so I will let him answer what he will have time to do in the following weeks. Many things, I don't doubt that ;)

PhilThib

Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:16 pm

I am going to work on the yearly campaigns, single theatre, in the coming weeks :cwboy:

kgsan
Corporal

Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:04 am

PhilThib wrote:I am going to work on the yearly campaigns, single theatre, in the coming weeks :cwboy:

Many thanks Philippe. I'm looking forward to these mid-size scenarios. I don't know how you find the time to handle customer support, new game development, AGEod's great continuing support for your existing games, and still maintain what appears to be a constant presence on the forums, but my hat's off to you. :hat: Don't you ever sleep?

Regards,

kgsan

christof139
Lieutenant

inter-theaters reinforcements/interventions/transfers

Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:57 pm

PhilThib wrote:I still have these under production. I have done 2 of them already, but i am still 'losing' time checking for missing historical data that is very hard to dig out (inter-theaters reinforcements / interventions)

I see you needed info. on major troop transfers from Eastern Theater to Wester Theater. The mass transfer of USA forces occurred after Battle of Chickamauga when the XI and XII Corps arrived at the Siege of Chattanooga, and later these two Corps I believe were combined to form the new XX Army Corps by G.O. (General Orer) No. 144 on April 4, 1864. Note that ther was a previous XX Army Corps but it was disbanded and then the new XX Army Corps was formed on April 4, 1864. Then, on September 28, 1863 the new IV Army Corps HQ was formed, and on April 14, 1864 the XX and XXI Army Corps were combined and formed the troops of the new IV Army Corps. So you
can see the XX Army Corps actually only existed from April 4 to April 14, 1864, a period of only 10 days. The XXI Army Corps (not from the East) was fromed Jan. 9, 1863 and discontinued in October, 1863 when its troops went inot the new IV Army Corps. The old IV Army Corps was originally the Corps guarding Washington DC and was dissolved on August 1, 1863. A real mess.

Source is: Civil War Battle Flags of the Union Army and Order of Battle, by General C. McKeever, Quartermaster General of the U.S. Army, 1997, Knickerbocker Press, NY, NY, 177 pp. And unfortunately printed in China, like everything else!! :grr: :p apy: :dada: :turc: :mad: :( :fleb: :grr:

Also, Burnside's IX Army Corps went to the Knoxville, Tennessee area in 1863 and I know you know this already. If not, I can get exact dates probably from Battles and Leaders of the CW, as I believe there is a good write-up of the Knoxville Campaign there within. Burnside's IX Corps I believe arrived in the Knoxville area before the Battle of Chickamauga, not sure off-the-top-of-my-head.

Chris S.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”