lodilefty

AACW {public beta} patch 1.16 Release Candidate 5 - November 8, 2011

Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:39 pm

For your enjoyment. We are close to an official Patch :)

<link removed>

Comprehensive patch. Includes all updates since the beginning.

Includes QuikFixes since patch 116 RC4a

[color=blue]The AGEOD team recognize the enormous number of volunteer hours spent improving the Rail network accuracy, addition of new regions to enhance historical play, creation and adaptation of the "Kentucky Mods" to give a different "feel" to the start of the war, numerous other fixes and enhancements by various modders to the Database, and public beta testing of new executables and changes. Without the efforts of the community, AACW would not be as complete as it is today. We all know games are never perfect or can ever be considered as finished, but help and implication of our fan base always leads to a better product, and, once again, THANK YOU ALL!
================================================== ========================
AGEod's American Civil War Update 1.16 Release Candidate 5
November 8, 2011
================================================== ========================
= New AI parameter: aiCTM_ThreatValInFow in AI.opt to help regulate AI aggressivness

= Depot build bug fixed. Depots can be built with Supply or Transport Ships/Bateaux to the level defined in 2Depot.str
(where MaxLevel = 1)
===Depots cannot be “built up” above level 1, but can be defined higher in a Setup or Event.

= New parameters in settings to regulate Automatic Experience gain. Bug fixed.

= Ammo non-consumption bug fixed.

= "Scrambled" Battle Reports bug fixed.

= There is now a stack (group) name memory. Basically when the scenario setup is created the current name is also stored. This has been done (and is very often useful) so that the name of a stack doesn't change as soon as you move a unit out of it, or the reverse. A stack will assume a new name by merging the stack into another unit or stack.

= An insidious bug with the "NotEnemy" script parameter is fixed. (This was part of the issue with the "Hortelez Supply" arriving in Enemy Ports in WIA.)

= Cavalry won't switch posture when crossing a river, even if 100% hostile MC on other side

= Bug fixed where sometimes a replacement was used from a wrong faction tag to replace an element in an unit

= Fixed Naval movement bug between 1451Matagorda Bay and 1278Lower Colorado River

= Removed events changing the Fixing of KY Militia when Kentucky joins a side. (The ''old'' Kentucky system)

= ''Cleaned up'' the Kentucky Entry.sct (The ''new'' Kentucky system).
=== Created ''Kentucky Unblock.sct'' to reduce replication of code.
=== Changed all ChgEvtOccurs to SetEvtOccurs commands for clarity and error reduction.

= Removed all ''RESERVED'' Models and Units to save space and speed loading

= Enabled Model and Unit cache files, to speed loading. Modders must remember to delete these files after changing a Model or Unit, or the change will not be read by the game engine.
[/color]
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Superb! great work.

S!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MarkCSA
Location: In a safe place, they couldn't hit an elephant at this distance

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:39 pm

Many thanks, Master Jedi!
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

Rexor
Sergeant

Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Very exciting. Many thanks for the continuing effort!
"Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel."—Samuel Johnson

deguerra
Major

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:10 am

Would this be save game compatible with previous 1.16 releases? Understand if its not, but just curious. Thanks for the great and continued support, AGEOD and all the many volunteers! :thumbsup:

willgamer
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:42 am

Just fyi, successfully d/l'd, patched, started new campaign, played 1 turn... all A'OK.

Thank you very much! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Rasher
Private

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:46 am

Great news Lodilefty

Much appreciated, thankyou for the continuing support, I promise not to nag you anymore, Cheers again and good health to you!

Rasher

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:34 am

yay!

charlesonmission

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:25 am

Thanks Lodilefty and to everyone who contributed. I'm currently in a PBEM game in 1865 with the old 1.16, so I don't think I'll use this just yet. However, on my next PBEM, I'm looking forward to it! :)

Charles

ShovelHead
Sergeant

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:57 am

Thank you for all your hard work! :thumbsup:

lodilefty

Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:44 pm

deguerra wrote:Would this be save game compatible with previous 1.16 releases? Understand if its not, but just curious. Thanks for the great and continued support, AGEOD and all the many volunteers! :thumbsup:

It should be OK with earlier 1.16 releases :)
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

gchristie
Brigadier General

Jacked!

Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:49 pm

:thumbsup:

Thanks to the bug finders, forum posters, coordinators here and departed, and the persistent developers for wrapping this baby up.

I'm eager to jump back into PBEM play once the patch is released.

:)
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

AndrewKurtz

Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:48 pm

gchristie wrote: :thumbsup:

I'm eager to jump back into PBEM play once the patch is released.

:)

Me too! If only this real life could get out of the way!!

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 pm

This seems like a good patch!

Thanks for making the depots distinctive in the supply overlay, again.

Njordr
Sergeant

Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Excellent! Thanks a lot for your effort.

MarkCSA

Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Small nitpick, I can't (as CSA) move ships out of European map boxes.
Murphy's Law of Combat: 'The most dangerous thing on a battlefield? An officer with a map'

MarkCSA

Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Allright, just finished my first game.

To start with: massive kudos on the AI! No more Winter Death Marches which leads to a lot of Yankees. A lot. Everywhere. Attacking the right places, with the right amount of guys (3 division invasion of New Orleans).

Athena also seems to become a little more conservative, trying to form actual fronts, instead of just sending wave after wave of guys straight to Atlanta.

My game did end with the amphibious invasion of Saint Louis by U.S. Grant, 26k guys hit the beach, none go home. Now known as the second St. Louis massacre.

Small problems:

-When re-capturing Richmond (yes I know you should never lose it in the first place), I get my 50 NM back, but the Yankee invader is not reduced the 50 he gained before, is this WAI?

-In 1863 I couldn't create any more divisions, with the game telling me I had 30 in the field. A quick count tells me I had 14. Where is this going wrong?

And now back to the game for another round.

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:26 pm

It's a little late to be throwing in my two cents for something this minor, and I fully realize that if it involves making anything more than simple cosmetic changes it would probably be dangerous to attempt this late in a patch's production.

But is there any chance of re-naming the two counties of Connecticut that appear in the extreme north-east corner of the map? I brought this question up a few years ago and it didn't receive an enthusiastic reception, but I'm mentioning it again now just in case.

In the game the southernmost county (the one with Danbury in it) is named Westchester. I actually live in Westchester New York and used to do work in the parts of Connecticut that are adjacent to the New York border, and can assure you Westchester Connecticut is a misnomer. If you can do it without having to track down too many changes, I would propose that the "county" name you should use is Fairfield.

[I think the mistake arose because that part of the map was translated from the BoA map, where an area that was mostly in New York and named Westchester spilled over into CT and included Danbury. I don't have a problem with that, but here, the different scale lends itself to a greater degree of accuracy.]

The county to the immediate north of Westchester CT should probably go by Litchfield rather than Berkshire. Again, this comes from the geography of BoA leaking into AACW. It wasn't a problem there, but it really doesn't look right here.

I realize that the best you can probably do after reading this is to sigh. If this correction can't be made, I'll just have to hope that I've made enough of a fuss about it for it to show up in AACW2.

lodilefty

Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Philippe wrote:It's a little late to be throwing in my two cents for something this minor, and I fully realize that if it involves making anything more than simple cosmetic changes it would probably be dangerous to attempt this late in a patch's production.

But is there any chance of re-naming the two counties of Connecticut that appear in the extreme north-east corner of the map? I brought this question up a few years ago and it didn't receive an enthusiastic reception, but I'm mentioning it again now just in case.

In the game the southernmost county (the one with Danbury in it) is named Westchester. I actually live in Westchester New York and used to do work in the parts of Connecticut that are adjacent to the New York border, and can assure you Westchester Connecticut is a misnomer. If you can do it without having to track down too many changes, I would propose that the "county" name you should use is Fairfield.

[I think the mistake arose because that part of the map was translated from the BoA map, where an area that was mostly in New York and named Westchester spilled over into CT and included Danbury. I don't have a problem with that, but here, the different scale lends itself to a greater degree of accuracy.]

The county to the immediate north of Westchester CT should probably go by Litchfield rather than Berkshire. Again, this comes from the geography of BoA leaking into AACW. It wasn't a problem there, but it really doesn't look right here.

I realize that the best you can probably do after reading this is to sigh. If this correction can't be made, I'll just have to hope that I've made enough of a fuss about it for it to show up in AACW2.

Let me look. :)
While renaming a region per se can be a disaster (all references to it must also change) AFAIK, there is a "Region Display Name"capability that exists.

Stay tuned! :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:03 pm

lodilefty wrote:Let me look. :)
While renaming a region per se can be a disaster (all references to it must also change) AFAIK, there is a "Region Display Name"capability that exists.

Stay tuned! :w00t:

Done! Will be in next release!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:10 pm

You're a gem. I just hope making the change doesn't have any unforseen consequences on any reinforcements that might arrive from up there.

lodilefty

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 pm

Philippe wrote:You're a gem. I just hope making the change doesn't have any unforseen consequences on any reinforcements that might arrive from up there.

Cosmetic only. :D
The capability to display a different name without changing the "Alias" has existed since version 1.11:

[ATTACH]16401[/ATTACH]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:59 pm

:thumbsup:

Cosmetic only is perfect!

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Moderate bug:

In the Full campaign W/Kansas scenario, Raphael Semmes is available to the Confederacy on turn 1. He then becomes available again, by event, on turn 32. After the event fires the original Semmes is apparently deleted and then recreated in the Atlantic Shipping box (I can tell that he's recreated because I promoted him this time around [why not?], and he reappears in the Shipping box as a one star who is promotable again).

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:14 pm

One more minor issue: I think that entrenchment level 5 is being made available twice, for whatever reason.

Queeg
Lieutenant Colonel

Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:34 pm

ohms_law wrote:Moderate bug:

In the Full campaign W/Kansas scenario, Raphael Semmes is available to the Confederacy on turn 1. He then becomes available again, by event, on turn 32. After the event fires the original Semmes is apparently deleted and then recreated in the Atlantic Shipping box (I can tell that he's recreated because I promoted him this time around [why not?], and he reappears in the Shipping box as a one star who is promotable again).

Strange. I don't have that problem in my new campaign. Semmes shows up once, around about turn 8. Did you do a fresh installation?

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:32 am

yup

lodilefty

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:06 am

ohms_law wrote:Moderate bug:

I assume you mean with Kentucky. :blink:

..and are you running April 61 or July 61 starting date?
[CENTER][/CENTER]

ohms_law
AGEod Veteran

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 am

uhhh... whatever the default is...
I just looked and it says April. It's #4 on the list of scenarios.

lodilefty

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:55 am

Well, it's an ugly set of 6 events:

1861/06/01 Semmes arrives with the raider CSS Sumter
1861/08/13 CSS Alabama is created (very low strength and cohesion) in England, fixed unable to move
1862/05/16 CSS Alabama is "launched" in England - fixed for 4 turns
1862/06/28 CSS Alabama goes on "trials" - Fixed for 3 turns
1862/07/27 Semmes is removed from the game
1862/07/28 Semmes arrives with the CSS Alabama (which actually gets removed if it exists, then is recreated in Shiiping Lanes)

Everything is WAD until last 2 events, where if Semmes got promoted, he gets demoted back to his original unit :blink:

I think I can fix this, but let me sleep on it.... (need code similar to the "Boston Evac" events in WIA ;) )
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”