lodilefty

AACW (public beta) Patch 1.16 rc2 (November 23 at 23:23 UTC)

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:30 am

Newest patch from Mr. Pocus to you

http://ageoddl.telechargement.fr/temp/patch_AACW_v1.16rc2.zip

New thread, so I can follow changes here if fixes still needed.

Need some help sorting out the ACW Updates.rtf, whence the latest will be added to final patch.

The naming of Divisons (via changes in Faction files) is included. Please test.
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:38 am

deleted

Paul Roberts

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:29 am

Thanks! I love AACW as much as any game I've ever played, and the continuing support is extraordinary. Will test!

But...

Gray_Lensman wrote:These changes are reflected in QuickFix7 posted at post# 354 here: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17600&page=12

The above QuickFix7 contains a previous game engine AACW.exe file that will need to be overwritten by the above v1.16 rc2 AACW.exe file.

Does this mean that the recently posted 1.16rc2 is not comprehensive? Or am I misreading your note?

Paul Roberts

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 am

Excellent news!

I love AACW more than just about any game I've ever played, and I'm happy to see this continuing support. It's extraordinary.

I'm curious: since it's now part of the engine, will we see the detailed combat reports from ROP retrofitted into AACW?

richfed

Preliminary look at 1.16 RC2

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:28 pm

I installed this RC2 patch over my existing Beta8 plus QF7 installation on a Windows 7 SP1 RC OS.

I just quickly played through a few turns of the '61 Campaign w/ Kentucky. So far, so good. All 3 issues I reported in the beta thread have been fixed. I was a bit worried that the QF7 files would be adversely overwritten, but it appears not - the map focus, at least, still works fine. I have not yet noticed anything wrong. Looks stable. I hope some more of you try this out so we can quickly discover anything that might be awry.

Thanks to Pocus, LodiLefty & Gray for getting this back on track and, apparently, playable again ...
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:41 pm

richfed wrote:I installed this RC2 patch over my existing Beta8 plus QF7 installation on a Windows 7 SP1 RC OS.

I just quickly played through a few turns of the '61 Campaign w/ Kentucky. So far, so good. All 3 issues I reported in the beta thread have been fixed. I was a bit worried that the QF7 files would be adversely overwritten, but it appears not - the map focus, at least, still works fine. I have not yet noticed anything wrong. Looks stable. I hope some more of you try this out so we can quickly discover anything that might be awry.

Thanks to Pocus, LodiLefty & Gray for getting this back on track and, apparently, playable again ...

I did the same install on Win 7 64 and also have not seen anything wrong. But this is based on a very quick look. I'm hoping to do a more detailed run of things in next few days.

EDIT: I still have the flag instead of signatures for financials and politics but not sure if this is WAD. Not a big thing for me. Thanks to everyone for the continued support.

Paul Roberts

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 pm

oldspec4 wrote:EDIT: I still have the flag instead of signatures for financials and politics but not sure if this is WAD. Not a big thing for me. Thanks to everyone for the continued support.

I did a reinstallation of AACW for this patch rather than applying it on top of a previous beta. My signatures are signatures, not flags.

So far so good! Is there anything I should look for in playing?

Pocus

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Hand your enemy his arse on a plate?

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

asdicus
Sergeant

Prisoner total message still wrong

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:49 pm

Have installed QF7 then 1.16 RC2.

The prisoner message total is still wrong for battles by a factor of 10 ie if you take 200 prisoners the game message shows 2000 prisoners. The total prisoners on F9 page is correct. This is an old bug not new to this release.

lodilefty

AGE text strings

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:08 pm

asdicus wrote:Have installed QF7 then 1.16 RC2.

The prisoner message total is still wrong for battles by a factor of 10 ie if you take 200 prisoners the game message shows 2000 prisoners. The total prisoners on F9 page is correct. This is an old bug not new to this release.

AFAIK, the QF7 is included in this release, so no need to do that

Prisoners:
Well phoo... :bonk:

the patch doesn't have latest strings file:

Extract into your ACW\Settings folder
1 file will be overwritten
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:09 pm

deleted

Rasher
Private

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi guys

Do I Install this patch directly on top of fresh install of AACW?

Rasher

richfed

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:09 pm

lodilefty wrote:AFAIK, the QF7 is included in this release, so no need to do that

Prisoners:
Well phoo... :bonk:

the patch doesn't have latest strings file:

Extract into your ACW\Settings folder
1 file will be overwritten

This file now gives accurate results. It could use a little grammar fix. Currently, it reads something like: 7 Hundreds

Should be singular: 7 Hundred, or, better yet, simply: 700

Hi guys

Rasher

I believe that would work.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

lodilefty

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Rasher wrote:Hi guys

Rasher

Yes. Comprehensive patch.
[CENTER][/CENTER]

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Paul Roberts wrote:I did a reinstallation of AACW for this patch rather than applying it on top of a previous beta. My signatures are signatures, not flags.

So far so good! Is there anything I should look for in playing?

I did a completely new install and then applied 1.16 rc2 and sigs are now sigs and not flags. Thanks for the advice.

richfed

Orphan Brigade ... again ... or, still ...

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:28 pm

This RC build looks very good!!!!

Just a couple of things:
  1. The grammatical "error" I mentioned above
  2. The Orphan Brigade event listed in the mail box is broken - the link, that is - clicking on it doesn't bring you to anywhere - save attached

Other than that, everything seems to be working as expected ... so far!! :)
Attachments
1.16 RC2 - Campaign.zip
(2.95 MiB) Downloaded 246 times

Gray_Lensman

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:20 pm

deleted

richfed

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:17 am

Go back to the previous turn ... That is when the Orphan Brigade actually appeared on the map.

Gray_Lensman

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:57 am

deleted

lodilefty

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:27 am

Gray_Lensman wrote:Okay... verified as still a bug.

also for Lodilefty and/or Pocus info, see post #305 here : http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=17600&page=11

The source event is evt_nam_CSA_OrphanBde located in the Various Events.sct file.

Attached below is the LATEST version of the source database file for this event if interested in further investigation, otherwise I'll have to look into it towards the end of December.

Several things seem odd to me about this event.

As written, it seems to me that the Orphans must always arrive in Davidson, TN (Nashville), as all subsequent commands are "CondSkip" following the selection of Davidson...

There is definitely something awry with the entire sequence, as no matter which commands I tinker with to get to work, the GenMsg insists that no region is selected.... so, there is either a bug or none of us really understand the syntax required...
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:37 am

deleted

richfed

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:48 pm

It used to semi-work. The Brigade is supposed [?] to appear with the largest force in the area. I never recall the mailbox message link actually taking you right to the spot that they appear. It was always a bit off, but it did take you to the general area. Now, the message link doesn't work at all. If you click it, nothing happens.

lodilefty

Orphan Brigade Event fix

Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:56 pm

richfed wrote:This RC build looks very good!!!!

Just a couple of things:
    <snip>
  1. The Orphan Brigade event listed in the mail box is broken - the link, that is - clicking on it doesn't bring you to anywhere - save attached

Other than that, everything seems to be working as expected ... so far!! :)

Solved, I think :blink:

According to the event tooltip, the Orphan Briade should arrive "with the biggest force in KY or TN"...

So, by Selecting the largest force (largest = most CP required) in Area $South_East (KY, TN, AL, MS) as the only selection command, the event works and will "jump" map focus to the selected group.

In your saved game, the Orphans now appear with General Polk.....

Note: to comply completely with the Tooltip, we'd need to create a new Area that has only KY, TN in it. Seems a waste of time to me....

Event now parses as:
StartEvent = evt_nam_CSA_OrphanBde|1|1|NULL|NULL|NULL|NULL

Conditions
MinDate = 1862/02/01
MaxDate = 1862/03/15
EvalUnqUnit = Orphan Bde;NOT

Actions
DescEvent = evt_desc_CSA_OrphanBde
[color="Red"]SelMostNumGroup = Area $South_East;CPCount;CSA
GenMsg[/color]
SelectFaction = $CSA
CreateGroup
Posture = $Defensive
SetKind = $Land
Entranch = 0
InCS = 0
FixType = 0
SetName = Orphan Bde
Apply
CreateUnit
SetType = $uni_CSA_BdeN1
FlavorName = Col. B. Goose
SUFlavorName = 2nd Kentucky|3rd Kentucky|4th Kentucky|5th & 9th KY|6th KY Graves Bty|1st KY 'Burns' Bty|Morgan's Cav.
SetLevel = 1
SetName = Orphan Bde
Apply

EndEvent

Seems the problem is the "stackup" of several commands that have a "GenMsg" associated (these are created by the csv splitter). By the time the event engine gets to the last GenMsg, the region choice has somehow gotten confused...

Attached:
Event script - extract into ACW\Events = 1 file overwritten
[ATTACH]13646[/ATTACH]

DB file for Gray, with the new event code
[ATTACH]13647[/ATTACH]
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:00 pm

deleted

Gray_Lensman

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:06 pm

deleted

Paul Roberts

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:55 am

I've played a little AACW and also WIA with this week's new generation of patches, and I think I've had two battles where a general was congratulated for victory (and gained better seniority) despite the fact that the battle was lost. This happened once in AACW and once in WIA.

Casualties in both battles were worse for me than for the winning side.

I know that this kind of thing is sometimes possible, but seeing it so quickly with both new patches makes me wonder if there's a problem.

Is this something to worry about? I can submit a save for at least one of the battle results, I think. (I'll have to get home from vacation first.)

Rafiki

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:21 am

A save always makes it immensly easier to figure out a potential bug :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Gray_Lensman

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:43 pm

deleted

lodilefty

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:46 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Pocus:

According to Lodilefty and confirmed by me:

The ability to create depots from riverine/naval units has been broken in the current game engine (probably for all the AGE games).

Posted below is an AACW saved game that can be used to test for a "fixed" game engine.

Kinsale, IL (region ID#906) just to the east of Cairo, IL has a full strength riverine transport unit (with the required 4 full strength elements).

[ATTACH]13718[/ATTACH]

Confirm also broken in WIA... :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

richfed

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Gray_Lensman wrote:Sorry, you're memory is wrong... It's never shifted the focus to anywhere...

Hmm ... I am quite certain that it has worked, albeit in broken fashion, through the years ... No sense arguing, though ... let's just hope it is fixed.

A couple of issues, as we have seen in this thread, but all in all, seems a fairly stable and polished build. I'm playing quickly, but am in late 1863 - nothing serious has occured. Biggest thing is the riverine issue.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”