lodilefty

Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Ethan wrote:Hi Lodilefty, what I meant is that I have built depots with a heavily damaged supply wagon, ie with less than 50% strength, particularly with 33% strength (1/3), IIRC.

May have been a bug in older versions.

...and it's an Average of 50% I think.......
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

lodilefty

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:02 pm

lodilefty wrote:The MaxLevel for Depots in AACW is = 1, so you can't build a higher level.

Note that a level 2+ can be defined (built) in a setup or event.

Note 2: Max level defined in WIA = 3, NCP = 1, RUS = 4, RoP = 4. VGN has a rather more complex structure system....

Upon further review, there is a "build bigger" bug in other games. :(

In AACW, build max = 1 will stay as is unless there is playtesting to show that it needs to be higher...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Look at this, here I show you a picture of a supply wagon. Most of them are damaged like this, except those which I buy as reinforcements. And I have never had troubles to build depots with supply wagons such as this (so damaged). ;)
Attachments
Supply wagon.jpg
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[color="Blue"]Same Land. Different Dreams. - Photobook[/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:23 pm

lodilefty wrote:May have been a bug in older versions.

...and it's an Average of 50% I think.......

Look at this, here I show you a picture of a supply wagon. Most of them are damaged like this, except those which I buy as reinforcements. And I have never had troubles to build depots with supply wagons such as this (so damaged). ;)

PS: Anyway, thank you very much for the info, Lodi! :thumbsup:
Attachments
Supply wagon.jpg
[color="Navy"][font="Georgia"]"Mi grandeza no reside en no haber caído nunca, sino en haberme levantado siempre". Napoleón Bonaparte.[/font][/color]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Ethan wrote:Look at this, here I show you a picture of a supply wagon. Most of them are damaged like this, except those which I buy as reinforcements. And I have never had troubles to build depots with supply wagons such as this (so damaged). ;)

Well, then your previous builds were a bug! :blink:

Those wagons are clearly <50%, and thus WAD to not build a depot.

...and there is no easy way for us to "go back" to an earlier vesrion. We will pursue this in the 1.16 patch developments, where the rule will be:
"4 supply-type elements at >50% strength, max in-game build level = 1"

:hat:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

W.Barksdale
AGEod Grognard

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:09 pm

Wow! Good to see you lads are still working on this gem! I will have to try out the lastest version soon as I can!
"Tell General Lee that if he wants a bridge of dead Yankees I can furnish him with one."
-General William Barksdale at Fredericksburg

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:22 pm

lodilefty wrote:Upon further review, there is a "build bigger" bug in other games. :(

In AACW, build max = 1 will stay as is unless there is playtesting to show that it needs to be higher...

It was indeed , depot can be built up to 4th level in Both ROP and RUS game for a long time. But lets forget about nostalgia and return to actual play testing. Were you able to look at my saves about MC and turn freezing after battle. Just to speed things up for RUS and ROP hotfixes . :thumbsup:

Cdr. McBragg
Private

Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:42 pm

I have built depots with a heavily damaged supply wagon, ie with less than 50% strength, particularly with 33% strength (1/3), IIRC.

In 1.15 you could build a depot with wagons of 1/3 strength, for example the wagons that appear with the Union Patterson Force in May 61, which could be used the same turn they appeared.

lodilefty

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:58 pm

Baris wrote:Unfortunately there is still a freeze after a battle, no battle and no freeze. OS is win 7 32 bit.

Another thing is as that was the case in RUS for months there is a delay for gaining MC in a captured region(Most probably because of PON exe,). Harbour, city and ships captured and there is still disputed ownership after 2 turns.(Even Norfolk home militia formed :bonk: ) Contradicts with the F10 objective screen that Norfolk is in Confederate hands.

[ATTACH]15991[/ATTACH]

Battle freeze is still elusive, but not forgotten: it is somewhat dificult to get it to consistently repeat on differrent users installations....
AFAIK, if you turn off Animation and Pause after Battle, you can play on OK. I also had some success disabling my realtime malware checker, and/or playing fullscreen vs. windowed with border....

The MC looks like a 'feature' courtesy of the AGE shared with PON (as the devs tell me will shall have herein)

= The Objective is the City Structure, which is owned by CSA and it has an adequate garrison to claim control where the region is not controlled (regular infantry in the Garrison Group). So I think this is WAD.
= Region ownership is changing slowly as you occupy it. This may well be the new WAD (personally, I like it = regions represent a rather large area, and it takes some time for a smalll force like the Suffolk Militia to "tame" the region)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:31 pm

lodilefty wrote:The MC looks like a 'feature' courtesy of the AGE shared with PON (as the devs tell me will shall have herein)

= The Objective is the City Structure, which is owned by CSA and it has an adequate garrison to claim control where the region is not controlled (regular infantry in the Garrison Group). So I think this is WAD.
= Region ownership is changing slowly as you occupy it. This may well be the new WAD (personally, I like it = regions represent a rather large area, and it takes some time for a smalll force like the Suffolk Militia to "tame" the region)

Thanks. It is ok if WAD, I wondered about it.
There are militia units with few patrol values indeed but does the city or harbour also increase MC faster upon capturing ?

Now this riddle is solved! here is your cup for your answer :winner:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=19896

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Cdr. McBragg wrote:In 1.15 you could build a depot with wagons of 1/3 strength, for example the wagons that appear with the Union Patterson Force in May 61, which could be used the same turn they appeared.

Indeed. I currently play with 1.15 patch and so far I have not had problems to build depots with heavily damaged supply wagons, as is the case of Patterson's wagons.

Anyway, according to Lodilefty this has been a bug from older versions. :bonk:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

charlesonmission

Rules on which units can take cities

Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:32 am

Hi there,

Okay, I'm searching for the rules on which units can take different cities and regions in 1.16. Has anyone seen this? I had a cavalry division "sieging" Denver for a few months to no avail, despite having 100% control of the region, Denver was still in Union hands. This was 1861/1862.

Charles

GraniteStater
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:11 am

This is WAD for a while now. Early cavalry cannot take structures. Mid-, late war cavalry can. Mouseover the unit(s). If "Early Cav" is displayed, it cannot take a structure.

Implemented to tone down Raidathons.
[color="#AFEEEE"]"Liberty and Union, now and forever, one and inseparable!"[/color]
-Daniel Webster

[color="#FFA07A"]"C'mon, boys, we got the damn Yankees on the run!"[/color]
-General Joseph Wheeler, US Army, serving at Santiago in 1898

RULES
(A) When in doubt, agree with Ace.
(B) Pull my reins up sharply when needed, for I am a spirited thoroughbred and forget to turn at the post sometimes.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:02 pm

I think with the new exe there were not any differentiation between militia,cavalry ,inf taking control of the objective city. At least it was the case in RUS. Did you check it ?

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Anyway, I guess you can check it in the ACW Updates file in the AGEOD's American Civil War folder.

From 1.14 patch: "4.) Implemented a new attribute provided by Pocus (*NoCapture*). Early game horse mounted units can no longer take control of city structures. Once cavalry upgrades to (Late) cavalry (around early 1863), this restriction is lifted. In other words, you will have to accompany invading forces with non horse mounted units if you wish to take control of city structures during this early game period. To clarify: this only applies to city structures, NOT standalone depots/harbors."

Has this changed in 1.16 patch and posterior Quickfixes? :confused:

Regards! :thumbsup:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

charlesonmission

Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Based on my experience in Denver, certainly not. However, I think cavalry units can still attack forces inside a structure, they just can't take over the city.

Anyways, I like the rule.

Charles

Ethan wrote:Anyway, I guess you can check it in the ACW Updates file in the AGEOD's American Civil War folder.

From 1.14 patch: "4.) Implemented a new attribute provided by Pocus (*NoCapture*). Early game horse mounted units can no longer take control of city structures. Once cavalry upgrades to (Late) cavalry (around early 1863), this restriction is lifted. In other words, you will have to accompany invading forces with non horse mounted units if you wish to take control of city structures during this early game period. To clarify: this only applies to city structures, NOT standalone depots/harbors."

Has this changed in 1.16 patch and posterior Quickfixes? :confused:

Regards! :thumbsup:

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne
General of the Army

Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Is there a way to uninstall the quickfix without having to reinstall everything? I'm having some pretty serious freezing issues and I think there might be a bug with entrenchments. Not to mention the battle pause bug.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:08 pm

lodilefty wrote:Battle freeze is still elusive, but not forgotten: it is somewhat dificult to get it to consistently repeat on differrent users installations....
AFAIK, if you turn off Animation and Pause after Battle, you can play on OK. I also had some success disabling my realtime malware checker, and/or playing fullscreen vs. windowed with border....

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote: I'm having some pretty serious freezing issues and I think there might be a bug with entrenchments. Not to mention the battle pause bug.

Lodilefty, it seems turn freeze after battle is rather long process to have a solution. In my game with Narwhal and in other ageod games I have played it wasn't a problem before. If the process would take longer time, could it possible you publish for quick fix for ammo bug only(without trying to fix pause after battle) and maybe single supply wagon building a depot if the disease passed to other games , thanks :)

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:10 am

Pat "Stonewall" Cleburne wrote:Is there a way to uninstall the quickfix without having to reinstall everything? I'm having some pretty serious freezing issues and I think there might be a bug with entrenchments. Not to mention the battle pause bug.

Hi Pat,

I may be saying a nonsense :wacko: , but comes to my head a couple of things... have you tried to install 1.16RC4a patch over the quickfix installation? Maybe you get back to the 1.16RC4a point. You can also try to restore the system to the date that the installation of the quickfix was done. :confused:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:39 am

Ethan wrote:Hi Pat,

I may be saying a nonsense :wacko: , but comes to my head a couple of things... have you tried to install 1.16RC4a patch over the quickfix installation? Maybe you get back to the 1.16RC4a point. You can also try to restore the system to the date that the installation of the quickfix was done. :confused:

This should work (rerun 1.15rc4 patch)

Still working on freezes :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Cdr. McBragg
Private

Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:32 am

I'm currently playing 1.16rc4 with quickfix 2 against the AI, and have not seen freezes or any other problems. I installed 1.16rc4 over 1.15, then installed quickfix 2. I never installed quickfix 1.

richfed

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Wondering ... Gray Lensman had a HotFix for the 1.16 RC4 release. It addressed a river issue in Texas and maybe something else. Is that in any way incorporated in these fixes or the patch itself?
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:44 am

richfed wrote:Wondering ... Gray Lensman had a HotFix for the 1.16 RC4 release. It addressed a river issue in Texas and maybe something else. Is that in any way incorporated in these fixes or the patch itself?

Is this what you mean, richfed? ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:53 am

Ethan wrote:Is this what you mean, richfed? ;)

I can't decipher the thread cited to see what the bug was. :confused:

Can one of you summarize what needs/needed fixing with the Texas River?

The latest data I've got os as of December 12, 2010 :(
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Ethan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:26 am

It was a bug that was mentioned by Jim-NC and apparently was forgotten, or at least, I didn't hear it again. In my previous post appears what was posted by Jim. And I think richfed was asking about it. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

richfed

Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:27 am

Ethan wrote:Is this what you mean, richfed? ;)

Yes ...

I have the .zip file with the fix saved on my computer, if it's needed.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Jim-NC

Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:44 am

There is a problem with the river connection points. It does not connect with the ocean, so ships can move into the river, but they can't move out.
Remember - The beatings will continue until morale improves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lodilefty

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:11 pm

richfed wrote:Yes ...

I have the .zip file with the fix saved on my computer, if it's needed.

YES! Please upload here! :thumbsup: :love:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

richfed

HotFix Texas River Fix

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:54 am

Here you go ...
Attachments
patch_AACW_v1.16_rc4a_HotFix1.zip
(269.94 KiB) Downloaded 183 times

lodilefty

Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:06 pm

richfed wrote:Here you go ...

Got it! Will add to next update. :thumbsup:

[color="Red"]It is OK to run this HotFix "on top" of the latest QwikFix.[/color] :w00t:
(It only changes 2 region files)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”