ERutins
Private

Question about Patterson

Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:46 am

I created a division with Patterson in my first try at the July scenario by adding him into one of the two that he starts with. When the event came up that Hancock decided not to retain him, not only Patterson disappeared but also the division that was with him disappeared as well. Is this intentional or am I misunderstanding something?

Chris0827
General

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:13 am

Patterson was called up as a major general of Pennsylvania troops for 90 days. His performance was so pathetic that he was not asked to stay past that point and was given an honorable discharge. Patterson asked for a court of inquiry to clear his name but was told there was no precedent for an investigation of an officers conduct after he had received an honorable discharge.

Pocus

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:14 am

Hi Erik, nice to see you there :)

This is an unwanted side effect, we will improve the event so that you don't lose the troops when he is removed from command.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

ERutins
Private

Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:58 am

Thanks Pocus, good to hear.

Chris, understood - I love the historical events and understand exactly what happened to Patterson himself, just was surprised when his division went with him.

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”