Eugene Carr
Colonel

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:48 am

On the models & units DBs the 'name' column and the 'short name' column give the generals names- best to be same on both.

There was a thread which mentioned some of these before, some of the generals gained portraits with the corrected details.
ie model 585 P.Marston has a portrait G.Marston.

575 R. Johnston is interesting, I always thought it was a wrong picture but now I think it may be Andrew Johnston, Military Governor of Tennesee rather than Richard W. Johnston divisional commander and later cavalry commander in the Army of the Cumberland.

Andrew Johnston? ImageImage Richard Johnston Image

maybe the 'A' became an 'R'?

[SIZE="6"]S![/size]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

oberst_klink
Lieutenant

ACW generals, short biographies and portraits...

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:56 am

can be found here! I am not good in 'modding' them into AACW style icons, so it's up to the graphic nerds to do just that :D

http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/generals.html
http://www.generalsandbrevets.com/

Enjoy!

Klink, Oberst
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Don't forget to visit the Gefechtsstand!

oberst_klink
Lieutenant

Not being pickish, but...

Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:01 pm

Eugene Carr wrote:On the models & units DBs the 'name' column and the 'short name' column give the generals names- best to be same on both.

There was a thread which mentioned some of these before, some of the generals gained portraits with the corrected details.
ie model 585 P.Marston has a portrait G.Marston.

575 R. Johnston is interesting, I always thought it was a wrong picture but now I think it may be Andrew Johnston, Military Governor of Tennesee rather than Richard W. Johnston divisional commander and later cavalry commander in the Army of the Cumberland.

Andrew Johnston? ImageImage Richard Johnston Image

maybe the 'A' became an 'R'?

[SIZE="6"]S![/size]

Drop the 't' ;) The blokes were called Johnson :thumbsup:

Name JOHNSON, Richard W
Born February 27 1827, nr Smithland KY
Died April 21 1897, St Paul MN
Pre-War Profession Graduated West Point 1849, frontier duty.
War Service October 1861 appointed Brig. Gen. of Volunteers, commanded 3rd Bde/McCook's Divn/Army of the Ohio, forced to surrendered while pursuing John Hunt Morgan, exchanged in December 1862, commanded 2nd Divn/Army of the Cumberland at Stone's River, commanded 2nd Divn/XX Corps at Chickamauga, commanded 1st Divn/XIV Corps at Chattanooga, Atlanta campaign, New Hope Church (w), chief of cavalry in Military Division of the Mississippi, commanded 6th Divn at Nashville.
Brevet Promotions Brig. Gen. U.S.A. March 13 1865, Maj. Gen. U.S.V. March 13 1865, Maj. Gen. U.S.A. March 13 1865.
Post War Career College professor, author.

Name JOHNSON, Andrew
Born December 29 1808, Raleigh NC
Died July 31 1875, Carter Cty TN
Pre-War Profession Tailor, politician, US congressman, governor of Tennessee, US senator.
War Service March 1862 military governor of Tennessee and appointed Brig. Gen. of Volunteers, US Vice President.
Post War Career US President, US senator.

(source: http://sunsite.utk.edu/civil-war/generals.html)

lodilefty

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:00 pm

I'm going to ask the community for a big favor! :)

I'd like to get this patch to be official, as dev time is severely limitied.

I really want the history to be correct, as this is almost an "educational game".

So: After we get to official, we can together do a "Community Mod" to address thes types of issues. As long as the game engine isn't changed, we can even issue a patch or two with the historical fixes. :w00t:

..otherwise, we'll be forever in beta. :(
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

oberst_klink
Lieutenant

Change log and 'To-do' list...

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Righty-ho!

I know there's a change log with every official patch and beta release. Any chance to channel all the information somehow into a 'to-do' list to make it easier for the beta testing community (and yourself!)? This would also avoid potential thread/topic duplicates.

Just a thought and my two Euro cents... ;)

Klink, Oberst

Confederate
Lieutenant

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:25 pm

There's almost nothing I really want to fix but the Trent Affair. The Trent Affair should give the Confederate's +5-15 foreign entry.
- Confederate

deguerra
Major

Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:35 pm

lodilefty wrote:I'm going to ask the community for a big favor! :)

I'd like to get this patch to be official, as dev time is severely limitied.

I really want the history to be correct, as this is almost an "educational game".

So: After we get to official, we can together do a "Community Mod" to address thes types of issues. As long as the game engine isn't changed, we can even issue a patch or two with the historical fixes. :w00t:

..otherwise, we'll be forever in beta. :(

That's why I asked. If we're close to a release, then I think we should go ahead with that and finally get an official 1.16 patch out.

That said, seeing as there is interest I really would like to get all these generals correct. I might go through them sometime in the next couple of days and see what I come up with.

As you said, if we do get a 'fixed' file, it can always be added as a mod afterwards.

lodilefty

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:13 pm

deguerra wrote:That's why I asked. If we're close to a release, then I think we should go ahead with that and finally get an official 1.16 patch out.

That said, seeing as there is interest I really would like to get all these generals correct. I might go through them sometime in the next couple of days and see what I come up with.

As you said, if we do get a 'fixed' file, it can always be added as a mod afterwards.

:thumbsup:
Go ahead and start a new thread in "Help to Improve AACW" subforum! :love:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Eugene Carr
Colonel

Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:28 pm

oberst_klink wrote:Drop the 't' ;) The blokes were called Johnson :thumbsup:

Quite correct I should have been more careful :wacko:

These types of changes are probably best left for the most up to date DBs after the patch is released.

[SIZE="6"]S![/size]

PS Oberst Klinks source shows this picture for R. Johnson which matches the existing in game http://www.generalsandbrevets.com/ngj/johnsonrw2.htm so my theory above is in tatters :blink:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alexander the Average
Conscript

Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:42 pm

Going to to give this this a go. Last patch I played I was capturing arty's all over the place, looks like that has been fixed. See you in Washington, Mr. Lincoln :neener:

Glad to see your'e back with us Lodilefty :thumbsup:

Captain_Orso

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:03 pm

I've run into some issues play Apr-'61 w/Ky as CSA.

First and most important is that the US MN-loss level is 40 and I've had them below this for at least 2 turns (32NM & 36NM) without them giving up.

More minor issues:

Athena likes to put troops on generic river transports by selecting 'Move by River order' and then leave them sitting in the river for what ever reason. I had three fleets, 1 with 6 gunboat elements, 1 with 8 gunboat elements and 1 with 3 ironclads being being lead by Buchanan, in Offensive Posture run over the top of one such stack sitting in the Green River above Bowling Green, KY and not have any combat at all. When I formed them into one single fleet and set them to converge on this stack by dropping the stack on top of the target stack so that the converge icon appeared on my fleet, the target stack simple dropped onto land with out so much as a shot being fired.

I've run up against a stack commanded by Thomas Meagher, but the icon shown doesn't have his picture nor a generic general's depiction.

While taking Cairo the USS Choctaw lead by Dupont suddenly appeared in Benton, IL, which is the land region to the north-east of Alexander, IL (Cairo), which is land-locked :w00t: . There are two small unnavigable rivers to the north and south of Benton, but there's no way for the Choctaw to get to Benton through those.

Edit: I almost forgot. I captured 2 12lb-er batteries, built in Wisconsin, but cannot put them into a division, which has room for them.

lodilefty

Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:I've run into some issues play Apr-'61 w/Ky as CSA.

First and most important is that the US MN-loss level is 40 and I've had them below this for at least 2 turns (32NM & 36NM) without them giving up.

More minor issues:

Athena likes to put troops on generic river transports by selecting 'Move by River order' and then leave them sitting in the river for what ever reason. I had three fleets, 1 with 6 gunboat elements, 1 with 8 gunboat elements and 1 with 3 ironclads being being lead by Buchanan, in Offensive Posture run over the top of one such stack sitting in the Green River above Bowling Green, KY and not have any combat at all. When I formed them into one single fleet and set them to converge on this stack by dropping the stack on top of the target stack so that the converge icon appeared on my fleet, the target stack simple dropped onto land with out so much as a shot being fired.

I've run up against a stack commanded by Thomas Meagher, but the icon shown doesn't have his picture nor a generic general's depiction.

While taking Cairo the USS Choctaw lead by Dupont suddenly appeared in Benton, IL, which is the land region to the north-east of Alexander, IL (Cairo), which is land-locked :w00t: . There are two small unnavigable rivers to the north and south of Benton, but there's no way for the Choctaw to get to Benton through those.

Edit: I almost forgot. I captured 2 12lb-er batteries, built in Wisconsin, but cannot put them into a division, which has room for them.

Please post a save including two backup folders for the NM issue.
Also the save for landlocked ship (with 2 backups)
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Send_Saved_Game

The leader graphic glitch is a rare issue with some groupings. Not easily fixed :(

A captured arty unit usually still shows the original faction flag in detail window, and thus cannot be integrated into Divisions. I'm not really sure that keeping the faction tag is WAD or not. :blink:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Captain_Orso

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 am

Hi Lodylefty, :wavey:

Her you go.

Okay, since I didn't know exactly on what turn what occurred anymore I picked the backups apart and put 1 in each of its own new directory and renamed these through the games rename mechanism. So each turn is now it's own game. They are named Z62-3L through Z62-9E for 1862-March-Late through 1862-September-Early. Since all the turns without the replays packed into rar-format is still larger that the upload limit I've divided them up into 2 rar files, Div_Error_1.16rc7_Part1.rar and Div_Error_1.16rc7_Part2.rar with the first 6 turns in the first and the last 6 turns in the latter.

The first three turns has the win not working three turns in a row with 32, 36 and then 39 NM on the Union side with 40NM being loss.

The Choctaw appears in Benton in Early September '62 a couple of turns after I had taken Cairo, so I assume that an event is supposed to place it there and doesn't choose and alternative.

Then I ran into something totally new that I hadn't noticed before. Albert S. Johnston is the commander of the Army of Tennessee. He has 2 corp, 'Harvey' Hill and Hardee. Neither of them ever gets and strategic, tactical or what ever bonuses from him. It always just says 'No bonus received from previous turn (new Army, new Corp or zero bonus)'. Both corp have belonged to the Army for a number of turns and have always been within range.

Hope this helps ;)
Attachments
Div_Error_1.16rc7_Part2.rar
(2.61 MiB) Downloaded 222 times
Div_Error_1.16rc7_Part1.rar
(2.59 MiB) Downloaded 225 times

lodilefty

Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:38 pm

@Captain_Orso:

1. The NM is confirmed as probable bug. Forwarded to the Master.

2. Corps command is working OK in my RC8 pre-release game, but doesn't seem to be corrected in yours when I load/execute. I suspect some "flag" is set in RC7 or some such. Very likely only fix is start new game with RC8 when released... :(

3. Dupont/Choctaw is a bugged event. :bonk: Fixed for RC8 :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:05 pm

lodilefty wrote:@Captain_Orso:

1. The NM is confirmed as probable bug. Forwarded to the Master.

2. Corps command is working OK in my RC8 pre-release game, but doesn't seem to be corrected in yours when I load/execute. I suspect some "flag" is set in RC7 or some such. Very likely only fix is start new game with RC8 when released... :(

3. Dupont/Choctaw is a bugged event. :bonk: Fixed for RC8 :)

Oh oh. If numbers 1 and 2 are the case, then will us tournament players need to restart with RC8? NM and Corps command are crucial elements...

Good work ferreting this out, Captain Orso. Thank you Lodi for your doggedness. I hope you both are making time to finish your Christmas shopping ;)
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:01 pm

gchristie wrote:Oh oh. If numbers 1 and 2 are the case, then will us tournament players need to restart with RC8? NM and Corps command are crucial elements...

Good work ferreting this out, Captain Orso. Thank you Lodi for your doggedness. I hope you both are making time to finish your Christmas shopping ;)

No. 1 wouldn't matter - the host can declare the victory.

No. 2 is much more troublesome. If Army Commanders cannot pass benefits (or penalties) on to their corps leaders, this greatly favors the USA over the CSA in the part of the war we're playing. However, we haven't seen this in any of our games yet as no one is past August of 1861 yet. Will RC8 fix it, or will the "flags" from RC7 that seemed to have caused the problem remain?

I recommend we "play on". At the worst, we'll waste a few turns. But I'll leave it up to the players involved. If they want to play on, I'll host 'em. If they want to wait and see, ok by me.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Wrecking rails

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Playing 1.16 RC7 in a game against the CSA AI. It is in the September 1861 turn and I'm finding that my Union cavalry can't destroy railroads. In past versions I could start in a region, give the order to destroy the railroad and have them move somewhere else once they complete their order. But now they move to another region but the railroad is intact. So I tried having them start in a region give the order to destroy the railroad and have them stay in the region but still no rails ripped up.

Has something changed in 1.16? Can early union cavalry no longer destroy rails? do they now need a leader attached :confused:

Will send my save game files if necessary. I had uninstalled AACW when RC7 came out and reinstalled then added the RC7 patch so I don't believe there is a corruption issue.

Regards.
"Now, back to Rome for a quick wedding - and some slow executions!"- Miles Gloriosus

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 pm

gchristie wrote:Playing 1.16 RC7 in a game against the CSA AI. It is in the September 1861 turn and I'm finding that my Union cavalry can't destroy railroads. In past versions I could start in a region, give the order to destroy the railroad and have them move somewhere else once they complete their order. But now they move to another region but the railroad is intact. So I tried having them start in a region give the order to destroy the railroad and have them stay in the region but still no rails ripped up.

Has something changed in 1.16? Can early union cavalry no longer destroy rails? do they now need a leader attached :confused:

Will send my save game files if necessary. I had uninstalled AACW when RC7 came out and reinstalled then added the RC7 patch so I don't believe there is a corruption issue.

Regards.

I'm pretty sure that is WAD, but the real word needs to come from LL. It was a recent change to require a unit to stay in the region to cut the rails there.

gchristie
Brigadier General

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Longshanks wrote:I recommend we "play on". At the worst, we'll waste a few turns. But I'll leave it up to the players involved. If they want to play on, I'll host 'em. If they want to wait and see, ok by me.

The only concern with playing on is if we do need to restart the players will have revealed their early strategies and if those strategies are unique and successful the player may lose the element of surprise and may not be able to use them again if we go too far along.

Of course, each player shall decide for themselves, but that is my reason for wanting to give Lodi a little time to try to sort this out.

Longshanks
AGEod Grognard

My Corps are Working Fine

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:25 pm

For what it's worth, I'm in a PBEM game (outside the tourney) that was started with RC7 and my corps are working fine with respect to leadership bonuses.

lodilefty

Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 pm

gchristie wrote:Playing 1.16 RC7 in a game against the CSA AI. It is in the September 1861 turn and I'm finding that my Union cavalry can't destroy railroads. In past versions I could start in a region, give the order to destroy the railroad and have them move somewhere else once they complete their order. But now they move to another region but the railroad is intact. So I tried having them start in a region give the order to destroy the railroad and have them stay in the region but still no rails ripped up.

Regards.

WAD since RC6. :cool:

Quote from release notes:

• Destruction of RailRoads is no longer automatic:
    • A check is made of D100 <{less than} Stack Strength. +25 to stack strength if attribute “*pillage*” is applied to model
    • All Partisans, Indians, BushWhackers, Raiders, Guerillas and Bandidos now have “*NoCapture*|*pillage*” attributes. (All show the Pillager ability icon)
    • Day of destruction is random. Not always day 1, so if you give a move command, the unit may move away before destruction occurs.

At the risk of being edgy, it is really important to read the update notes, as the game rules have changed over time (for the better, IMHO) :)
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Captain_Orso

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:54 pm

As far as destroying railroads go, I've not had much trouble doing that at all; only with single Bushwhacker/Pillager/Partisan/Cavalry units is it rather if-y. If you get 2 of them together, especially if lead by one of those nasty leaders, like Forest or Quantrill :dada: it's almost a sure thing. It makes a lot of sense to me, that it's not automatic, especially with a single regiment.

As far as the Army bonus situation, it only happened with A.S.Johnston and only to Hill and Hardee. I had another corp added to AJS later and that one did get the bonus. Since they all had the same strategic level and better offensive and defensive ratings I didn't expect AJS to honor them with much anyway.

Probably ASJ had a grudge against them because when they all had to line up in the mess-tent at West Point alphabetically, Hardee and Hill always got first pick on the fillets :evilgrin: .

On another side note, I got an script error during the game :blink: . Three popups came. The first stated:

'FullDebug: Schript Engine Error(s), while parsing line 4530 ChangeLoyaltyFac = 1084;-15'

the second:

'Errors found in script: 1 Check C:\Program Files (x86)\AGEod's American Civil War 1.16rc7\ACW\Scripts\ScriptReport.txt'

and the third asked if I wanted to quit the program. Since it was right after a turn had run and I had done almost nothing yet, I answered 'yes' and quit the game and then just loaded the turn over again without a hitch.

I didn't make a copy of the ScriptReport.txt at that time because I thought the file's not going anywhere anyway :siffle: . Well it's still there, but it does update each turn, I guess :wacko: , and is now up to 30208 lines :eek: .

I've put a copy on this post in case you'd like to see it Lodi ;) .

Wow, this is the first game I've played the CSA for more than a hand full of turns, and the US is getting the floor wiped with them, even with my slow and sloppy game-style :cool: :D
Attachments
ScriptReport.rar
(36.85 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

lodilefty

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:00 am

Captain_Orso wrote:<snip>As far as the Army bonus situation, it only happened with A.S.Johnston and only to Hill and Hardee. I had another corp added to AJS later and that one did get the bonus. Since they all had the same strategic level and better offensive and defensive ratings I didn't expect AJS to honor them with much anyway.

<snip>
On another side note, I got an script error during the game :blink: . Three popups came. The first stated:

'FullDebug: Schript Engine Error(s), while parsing line 4530 ChangeLoyaltyFac = 1084;-15'

<snip>

We'll keep an eye on AS Johnston. Wierdness... :wacko:

The error is real! Thanks for reporting it!
:thumbsup:
Subtle: The command ChangeLoyaltyFac requires an AREA and a value. The code was trying to use a REGION ($New England, UID=1084), thus the error. Very common confusion, even the best writers make this mistake. (We're finding and fixing many in some of the AI event scripts)

Hence, lookitup in Wiki:
http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/ChangeLoyaltyFac

Easy fix, in next update! :D
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:29 pm

I'm getting scared 'cause I think I'm understanding this :neener:

I looked in the ScriptPostParse.txt file and found the error on line 4530 :w00t:

A working example would be the one directly following the broken one:

004537 SelectFaction = $USA
004538 SelectRegion = $New York, NY
004539 StartEvent = evt_nam_USA_NewYorkDraftRiots1863|1|2|evt_txt_USA_NewYorkDraftRiots1863|Event-img_USA_DraftRiots1863|$New York, NY|128
004541 Conditions
004542 MinDate = 1863/07/13
004543 MaxDate = 1864/01/01
004545 Actions
004546 DescEvent = evt_desc_USA_NewYorkDraftRiots1863
004547 SelectRegion = $New York, NY
004548 ChangeLoyaltyFac = -15
004549 ChangeWSUPool = -5
004551 ChangeSupply = -20;-10;0
004553 EndEvent

This uses the 'SelectRegion' parameter to select $New York, NY, though it does it twice, once before StartEvent, and once inside.

The broke event selects it only before the event starts and then uses the wrong parameter format of ChangeLoyalyFac. So I assume that using SelectRegion within the event even before the StartEvent command sets the engine to use the ChangeLoyaltyFac command without the region parameter in the command-line. Also then in the above example the second SelectRegion is therefore superfluous.

004520 SelectFaction = $USA
004521 SelectRegion = $New England
004522 StartEvent = evt_nam_USA_DraftRiots1863|1|2|evt_txt_USA_DraftRiots1863|Event-img_USA_DraftRiots1863|$New England|128
004524 Conditions
004525 MinDate = 1863/06/01
004526 MaxDate = 1864/01/01
004528 Actions
004529 DescEvent = evt_desc_USA_DraftRiots1863
004530 ChangeLoyaltyFac = $New England;-15
004531 ChangeWSUPool = -5
004533 ChangeSupply = -20;-10;0
004535 EndEvent

So the fix to this is setting the ChangeLoyaltyFac command to

ChangeLoyaltyFac = -15

and then it works and ... :blink: .. hey, I got gypped!! I should be raising militia in Boston!! :cursing:

Well, maybe not :D

Captain_Orso

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey Lodi, glad to have helped.

I'm getting scared 'cause I think I'm understanding this :neener:

I looked in the ScriptPostParse.txt file and found the error on line 4530 :w00t:

A working example would be the one directly following the broken one:

004537 SelectFaction = $USA
004538 SelectRegion = $New York, NY
004539 StartEvent = evt_nam_USA_NewYorkDraftRiots1863|1|2|evt_txt_USA_NewYorkDraftRiots1863|Event-img_USA_DraftRiots1863|$New York, NY|128
004541 Conditions
004542 MinDate = 1863/07/13
004543 MaxDate = 1864/01/01
004545 Actions
004546 DescEvent = evt_desc_USA_NewYorkDraftRiots1863
004547 SelectRegion = $New York, NY
004548 ChangeLoyaltyFac = -15
004549 ChangeWSUPool = -5
004551 ChangeSupply = -20;-10;0
004553 EndEvent

This uses the 'SelectRegion' parameter to select $New York, NY, though it does it twice, once before StartEvent, and once inside.

The broke event selects it only before the event starts and then uses the wrong parameter format of ChangeLoyalyFac. So I assume that using SelectRegion within the event even before the StartEvent command sets the engine to use the ChangeLoyaltyFac command without the region parameter in the command-line. Also then in the above example the second SelectRegion is therefore superfluous.

004520 SelectFaction = $USA
004521 SelectRegion = $New England
004522 StartEvent = evt_nam_USA_DraftRiots1863|1|2|evt_txt_USA_DraftRiots1863|Event-img_USA_DraftRiots1863|$New England|128
004524 Conditions
004525 MinDate = 1863/06/01
004526 MaxDate = 1864/01/01
004528 Actions
004529 DescEvent = evt_desc_USA_DraftRiots1863
004530 ChangeLoyaltyFac = $New England;-15
004531 ChangeWSUPool = -5
004533 ChangeSupply = -20;-10;0
004535 EndEvent

So the fix to this is setting the ChangeLoyaltyFac command to

ChangeLoyaltyFac = -15

and then it works and ... :blink: .. hey, I got gypped!! I should be raising militia in Boston!! :cursing:

Well, maybe not :D

lodilefty

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Update posted:
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showpost.php?p=224485&postcount=1

Thank you for your inputs! :love:

(Yes, we fixed the Sudden Death bug!!!!) :w00t:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Return to “Help to improve AACW!”