clairobscur
Conscript

Generals can be promoted?

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:10 am

When you open the commander's description, it mentions "can't be promoted".

I don't see anything in the manual referring to the promotion of generals. Was it a feature that was never implemented, or is there a way to promote an experienced general to a higher rank?

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:53 am

You are speaking on the BOA1 forum on purpose? Some generals can be promoted in BOA2, but it depends of the database entries. We will improve the number of generals able to be promoted very soon though...

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

clairobscur
Conscript

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:28 am

Pocus wrote:You are speaking on the BOA1 forum on purpose?

Err...After checking out... yes... (I hadn't noticed there was a BOA2 when I downloaded it, nor paid attention to the other forum. Fortunately, BoA 2 could not run on my computer, so there's no regret to have).

Some generals can be promoted in BOA2, but it depends of the database entries. We will improve the number of generals able to be promoted very soon though...

I assume this mean the feature doesn't exist in BoA 1?

Pocus

Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:00 pm

Sorry no.
If you are french, there is also a french forum for BOA1. Quite funny, two French speaking in English. :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

clairobscur
Conscript

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:35 pm

Pocus wrote:Sorry no.
If you are french, there is also a french forum for BOA1. Quite funny, two French speaking in English. :)

Yes, but I tend to visit English-speaking forums because there's much more traffic on them, so it's generally quicker to get an answer there. In this particular case, it indeed doesn't make much sense, but only because you (I mean the developers) are answering directly (*) . If it weren't the case, since there apparently are much more posters on the English-speaking forums, I would still be better off asking here.

And at the risk of ranting, something else keeps me away from French-speaking game forums (generally speaking, not specifically here). Each time I visit one, I'm horrified by the grammar and spelling. It's probably not any better in English, but I least I don't notice it. ;)

(*) And by the way, I commend you for taking the time to answer so quickly to the questions (on the forum and in PM, since I also had an issue with the patch for "Grandes Invasions", currently being solved). Thanks.

Rafiki

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:29 pm

clairobscur wrote: It's probably not any better in English, but I least I don't notice it. ;)

Take a visit to e.g. one of the more active "World of Warcraft" forums, I imagine you might notice it then ;)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Return to “Birth of America”