Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Revolts in garrisoned cities

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:05 pm

Having played BoA for quite a while now, I was under the impression that garrisoning a city (in the ARW) was a guarantee against an uprising. However, last turn, for the first time I believe, I have seen a revolt in two cities that were garrisoned with regulars which were simply thrown out in the course of events. Am I seeing things? Or was I imagining things before, in thinking that a garrison would prevent an uprising? :confused:

Thanks! :)
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Hm, anybody? :innocent:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]

PhilThib

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 pm

When and where ? A save would be interesting.. We have to see if the 'Minutemen' rule works efficiently or not, or if this is event-related maybe :confused:

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:55 pm

February 1778, in Peekskill and in Providence. I will post a file (.trn?) when I get home. :)

lodilefty

Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:59 pm

We will need trn, hst and ord files for that turn, plus Backup1 and Backup2 sub folders...
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:31 pm

All right, I will post those, thx. :)

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:24 pm

I believe these are all the files you asked for. Thanks for any insights you can provide. :)
Attachments
MP Revolution_Backup2.zip
(185.36 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
MP Revolution_Backup1.zip
(181.19 KiB) Downloaded 484 times
MP Revolution.zip
(147.69 KiB) Downloaded 338 times

lodilefty

Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 pm

I confirm that Minutemen are appearing in regions that have British presence.

The regions still had loyalty in favor of the AME side [all cases greater than 94% in fact], so this may be OK? :blink:
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm

But then just what is the point of garrisoning a city, other than ensuring against revolt? :confused:

lodilefty

Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Good point. :blink:

There is a request in for further information, but since BoA is 'legacy', it may be a while to get an answer.....
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Any idea how long a while might be? :innocent:

orca
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:38 pm

Heldenkaiser wrote:But then just what is the point of garrisoning a city, other than ensuring against revolt? :confused:

The obvious reason is to increase loyalty so that you'll be immune from revolts in the future.

Perhaps more importantly is stopping/reducing the American levies. If you don't garrison every strategic city in a region the Americans can still levy troops in that region.

I think revolts in cities with very low loyalty are fine.

JackoWords
Private

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:15 am

During the course of my games I have seen this as well, as one unit of American Militiamen sometimes toss over a thousand British regulars out on their rears. I noticed that it only occurs, however, when I set the British to 'Passive'.

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:11 pm

JackoWords wrote:During the course of my games I have seen this as well, as one unit of American Militiamen sometimes toss over a thousand British regulars out on their rears. I noticed that it only occurs, however, when I set the British to 'Passive'.

Excellent point. Yes, my units probably were on passive, as they were to recover losses. And yes, it makes some sense that a "passive" unit would yield the city to the rebels rather than fight them ... :)

Return to “Birth of America”