Page 1 of 4

BoA 2 - Wars in North America

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:42 pm
by Korrigan
[CENTER][color="DarkRed"][SIZE="6"]BOA 2 - Wars in North America (1750-1815)[/size][/color]

(Working title)[/CENTER]

AGEOD works on the 'next' Birth of America...

Presentation

BOA 2, Wars in America will be a new stand-alone game not compatible with the previous one. A large part of the work made on our recent games is retrofitted and some brand new code added.

Content

New Rules
• New cohesion system (based on the ACW model) and impact on combat
• Brand new concept of Engagement Points, allowing options of Armaments purchases, political and diplomatic options. In addition, a challenging Foreign Entry competitive engine will allow player to struggle in the race for the French Intervention.
• New orders (e.g. spiking the guns) and multiple choices check boxes in events windows.
• New abilities (adapted from the new ones in ACW and for the new rules here)
• Different updates and rules (e.g. combat, Indians, minutemen, blockade, privateers, naval transport, optional limited activation rules, German mercenaries, etc..)

New functionalities
• Play-by-email and TCP/IP integrated function
• Improved AI
• Multiple resolution Interface

New data
• New map : extension of the map up to the Mississippi in the west, blockade and commerce raiding boxes, new European off-map boxes (France, GB, Spain, Holland) or in the Americas (Hudson Bay, Newfoundland, Cuba)
• New leaders and units.
• New Scenarios (including at least the following)
- scenarios 1750-1780 : Lord Dunmore War, Cherokee 1760, Pontiac 1762, new F&I war campaign, full 1777, 1778 and 1779 campaigns.
- scenarios 1780-1800 : Fallen Timbers, Tippecanoe
- scenarios 1812 : New Orleans 1815, Eastern Seaboard 1814, Full War of 1812 campaign

• New Events (according to scenarios) et adaptation of previous ones to new scripting language developed for ACW.
• Extended Manual and player’s aides.
• Biographies of characters (French version only to start – update late 2007 for English version)


More details later.

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:56 pm
by Hohenlohe
Can any of the Philippes tell us,when BOA2 will be released??Please,I am waiting for it... :siffle:

greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:15 pm
by PhilThib
As soon as we have received the missing OOB data for making the missing scenarios...a few weeks...but how many ? :sourcil:

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:32 am
by GlobalExplorer
As I said, I am a huge fan of AACW. Unfortunately, after having played that game I could not find enough in the BoA demo to justify a purchase. But at the same the setting and the mood really captivated me.

Now that there is an updated BoA with the many improvements from AACW (hopefully) it seems there is really nothing in the way of me getting and enjoying that game too.

Looking forward to it!

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:02 am
by gpepper
GlobalExplorer wrote:Humble suggestion: please stick to the original artwork as much as possible. Sandras art is one of the main reasons why your games are so popular, and after having tested the NC demo, the new artist has not yet reached that level.


I do not mean to spoil but The art of BOA gold ( or 2 ) stick to the original design of BOA. I am the artist who work on it and the deal was to keep the style of the BOA's design. So you will find the same style map but with more places to play !
But, Did I have the right to tell that ?

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:29 pm
by Pocus
Sure

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:21 pm
by GlobalExplorer
gpepper wrote:I do not mean to spoil but The art of BOA gold ( or 2 ) stick to the original design of BOA. I am the artist who work on it and the deal was to keep the style of the BOA's design. So you will find the same style map but with more places to play !
But, Did I have the right to tell that ?


I hope you understand why this is so important. When I saw screenshots of AACW I knew I would love that game. I am absolutely sure many people here fell in love with Sandras art even before they discovered what it has to offer in terms of gameplay.

What I say about the art in AACW goes of course for BoA too.

NC demo I have played and I have to make some comments, but will do so in the right place. Let me just say that I liked some things and I didnt like some others.

I wish you good luck!

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:58 pm
by Clovis
Image

Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:00 pm
by Clovis
GlobalExplorer wrote:I hope you understand why this is so important. When I saw screenshots of AACW I knew I would love that game. I am absolutely sure many people here fell in love with Sandras art even before they discovered what it has to offer in terms of gameplay.

What I say about the art in AACW goes of course for BoA too.

NC demo I have played and I have to make some comments, but will do so in the right place. Let me just say that I liked some things and I didnt like some others.

I wish you good luck!


I like both designs.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:24 am
by GlobalExplorer
Clovis, this is an unbelievably beautiful map.

The color pallette is dream. If you keep it up like that you will be my new hero.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:55 am
by wryun
Not wanting to be a heretic, but I do like that map Clovis posted much more than the current one - it appears not to have the slight mismatches (e.g. bits of colour outside the region boundaries) :) Excellent!

EDIT: Or maybe I'm crazy and it's exactly the same? Hmm...

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:52 am
by Clovis
GlobalExplorer wrote:Clovis, this is an unbelievably beautiful map.

The color pallette is dream. If you keep it up like that you will be my new hero.



Nothing from me here... I just posted this sketch from the Gpepper site.

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:17 pm
by GlobalExplorer
My bad .. the praise belongs to gpepper.

Taken from his site:

This is one of my last work for a client, AGEOD. A huge map of 11000 x 11500 px ! Many layers. The final file is more than 5 go ! This is the map for the game Birth of America 2

The French know how to do nice graphics, I always said that.

Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:52 pm
by gpepper
Hu ! I didn't think that some of you would ever look for it on my personal site...
I'm caught... :nuts:
It seems that I spoiled again.
Maybe all the ageod team will kill me now...

The entire map is like this one.
If you love it maybe we can do huge posters ! it is around 4 meters by 3.8 meters... Should be nice in a bedroom !

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:43 am
by BobB
gpepper,

That map is absolutely beautiful. Great work!

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:30 pm
by GlobalExplorer
gpepper wrote:Hu ! I didn't think that some of you would ever look for it on my personal site...
I'm caught... :nuts:
It seems that I spoiled again.
Maybe all the ageod team will kill me now...

The entire map is like this one.
If you love it maybe we can do huge posters ! it is around 4 meters by 3.8 meters... Should be nice in a bedroom !


Yes I want! Yes!
(trying to trick gpepper into sending me the file so I can look at it before BoA2 is released)

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:42 pm
by gpepper
GlobalExplorer wrote:Yes I want! Yes!
(trying to trick gpepper into sending me the file so I can look at it before BoA2 is released)


No way ! Don't want to be killed by Ageod ! :bonk:

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:49 pm
by Pocus
Did you made the flash anim add at the top of the forum? It is beautiful... Can you produce a GIF version for a signature?

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 pm
by gpepper
Pocus wrote:Did you made the flash anim add at the top of the forum? It is beautiful... Can you produce a GIF version for a signature?


Yes I did.
I can extract it as a gif but it will be huge !

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:53 pm
by Pocus
A still frame would be ok then :)

Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:26 pm
by tagwyn
Wonderful!! You guys are the greatest! When you become gazillionaires will you still be as great? I hope I last until VN and BOA II! I will purchase both sight unseen; of course, if I last. LOL :p apy:

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:31 am
by Pocus
Bah, that's not for tomorrow, we spend all the money of game N into game N+1. :)

Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:29 am
by FLS
Did you all see the new banner??

BOA2 is coming!!!!!! :niark: :niark: :coeurs: :coeurs:

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:33 am
by Fatboy
Time for another teaser? :siffle:

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:02 am
by Plugger
Goodaye,

Any chance for an update on when it will be released?

Cheers,

Plugger

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:53 am
by flintlock
Really looking forward to this upcoming release! :coeurs:

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:24 am
by Hohenlohe
Dear Philippes,can you tell us,when BOA 2 will be released.I can't wait for the release.The last information I got from you was "around February 2008".Can you confirm a date at the end of February or should we wait until April or later? :siffle:

heartly greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:06 am
by Korrigan
Later :cwboy:

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:10 pm
by GlobalExplorer
Some new info would be nice .. but I guess I can wait a bit more.

Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 pm
by Hok
Hohenlohe wrote:Dear Philippes,can you tell us,when BOA 2 will be released.I can't wait for the release.The last information I got from you was "around February 2008".Can you confirm a date at the end of February or should we wait until April or later? :siffle:

heartly greetings

Hohenlohe :coeurs:


Hello Hohenlohe,

I'm the project manager for BOA2 : Wars in America.
Alpha version (0.80) is in test since last week :siffle: , Alpha test period will go on in march and Beta in April.
So, we plan to relase the game in May.