Slitherine Iain

Re: Is this forum dead ?

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:28 pm

Just to be clear, Pocus is not alone. The team is the biggest its ever been with full time coders, artists, producer and access to sound effects & composers all to support Pocus in his design work.

allan_boa
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Slitherine Iain wrote:Just to be clear, Pocus is not alone. The team is the biggest its ever been with full time coders, artists, producer and access to sound effects & composers all to support Pocus in his design work.

All this sounds great ! Hope there will be more information soon about the next game !

SMikh
Private

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Slitherine Iain wrote:Just to be clear, Pocus is not alone. The team is the biggest its ever been with full time coders, artists, producer and access to sound effects & composers all to support Pocus in his design work.

It sounds hopefully for me: one of AGEod`s founder with the biggest budget, the biggest full-time team, with new engine and with "good old" lovely AGEod concept! :dada:

The only thing I'm sorry that I had not communicate with Mr Thibaut here on this Forum, because I am newbie.
I`d be proud to meet this Man. :hat:

Ashbery76
Sergeant

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:34 pm

Wow so we will never see Pax romana 2 after all.

Nikel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:59 pm

Good to know, but with so many people involved seems strange there was no room for PhlThib, well perhaps he was who left the building.

Anyway as I said, good luck to both of them.
Last edited by Nikel on Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allan_boa
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:02 pm

seems strange there was no room for PhlThib

My understanding is that Philippe Th. wasn't fired but decided to leave to move on to new projects. By his own decision ...
Correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Nikel

Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:04 pm

No idea, could be, or not.

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:47 pm

I was more interested in history from PhilThib's game designs. It is sad he is not with us.

Ace

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:48 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he left because of New Design disagreements. I have no knowledge of this, just a huntch.
Pocus was the main code designer, but the historic accuracy was always PhilThib departement. It would be probably the best for Ageod to do a sequal with the new engine (ala ACW3), where they wouldn't need PhilThib input as much.

ERISS
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:30 am

An answer 10 years later as an Elite Designer of Heavyweight Wargames:
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/3691 ... ent8152009

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Slitherine Iain wrote:Pocus is the heart and sole of the development team. There are other full-time devs working on the project but it is Pocus' vision that drives everything. Philippe Thibaut was very much on the management side and supporting other devs to make games in the old engine. He contributed considerably in shaping up Ageod’s current line-up, but the market doesn't really support this kind of approach anymore. We, therefore, had to make the decision of focusing on less but bigger games. Hence the huge investment in the current game Pocus is leading on. This will be the biggest budget game Ageod has ever created.

With the transition to less but bigger games and the management structure at Slitherine, Philippe found he didn't really have a significant role left to play and wanted to try something new and has left to pursue those interests.

We wish him luck with his future endeavors.

We hope to be able to tell you more about the upcoming game very soon!

Thanks for this message, It is useful communication that we would quite happily have enjoyed earlier without some of us having to discover by themselves that the company had evolved.

Now I can perfectly understand that the previous AGEOD type of games had reached the end of the line. We have all seen how PoN or WoN could be too frustrating and for AGEOD it was clearly either going to be doing smaller campaign based games using the old engine and its limitations or going for something a bit different. It makes sense, it really just is that your communication is very very convoluted at times and we are still what 18 months after the announcement of the game on the new engine still left with no clue as to what it might be and how it might work.

But may this game be a great game and I will buy it and you will make money, this is all we can hope for after all !

Tamas

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Well, perhaps we could have handled it better indeed. But all we can be accused of is trying to wait until we can fully reveal the new game and thus AGEOD's future. :)

Speaking of which, before that official announcement does happen, we would like to have some of the community members have a first look and help us test the new game. Check out this thread please for more:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=52804

richfed

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Very sorry to hear that PhilT is no longer a part of the Ageod team. It was he who got me hooked on Birth of America many years ago. Big loss.

allan_boa
Lieutenant Colonel

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:46 am

It's clear that Philippe Th. was THE guy bringing this unique historical feel of ageod games. In fact I even don't want to play other editors' games anymore (even Paradox's) thanks to this historical accuracy that I never found in any other game series (except of course Gary Grigsby's fantastic WITE). But thanks to ageod I'm now studying history, which is a topic that I even didn't consider when I was younger. I was ignorant. So just for this I'm grateful to ageod !
Hope that Slitherine/Matrix will allow a nice budget to get competent historian consultants to supervise historical accuracy of future games. Or maybe Pocus is that guy ? In any case I really hope that ageod games will remain THE reference/standard in the history games niche. You guys have a clear advantage over the competition so you definitely should try to stay ahead of the rest. The niche is yours, don't share it !

Return to “General discussions”