bstarr
Private

Ageing

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:18 pm

How does ageing work? I've started two games and recieved wildly different results, but I'm not sure what I did that made such a difference.

bstarr
Private

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 pm

I may have solved my problem. I thought that if you had enough APs to spare you didn't have to alter the nation management screen. Whoops. My poor Eastern Roman Empire was really doing quite well, but they managed to age all the way up to 4 in about 27 years.

PhilThib

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:50 pm

Check the game's website, there is a wealth of information over there, including a detailed Beta manual in English where most important concepts are detailed :cwboy:

See here: http://www.great-invasions.fr/int-en/index.php?Location=Download

bstarr
Private

Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Outstanding game, by the way.

I'm still having problems with rapid aging. I've been paying close attention to the administration table, paying for maximum AD points every time. Still, nine years into the game my Eastern Roman Empire has already aged to level 2. Unless I'm reading the rules wrong, that's impossible if you're paying maximum AD points every time - The worst result I can get is to add an extra year to aging. I've only had three administration checks, and the rules say the average aging is every 25 years or so. I've got to be doing something wrong. Do you age more if you conquer enemy provinces? This seems to take place when I'm doing well against the Sassanid Empire.

Return to “Great Invasions”