Amaury
Private

Supply

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:07 am

Hi,
in the User Manual v6, there seems to be a contradiction about supply on pages 33 & 34:
- unit needs to be within 3 regions of supply source
or
- unit needs to be in or adjacent to region of supply source.

I tend to believe that the right one is 1) but I'd just wanted confirmation.

Merci/thanks.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:13 am

Amaury wrote:Hi,
in the User Manual v6, there seems to be a contradiction about supply on pages 33 & 34:
or

Merci/thanks.

AFAIK, you have to create a supply network with a chain of depots within 3 Regions each other.
Units get supply from depots and supply wagoons when when adjiacent or in same regions with depot and supply wagoon.

Nikel

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:24 am

or

Merci/thanks.

I think that you are using an outdated version of the manual, the last is Version 6.2 for NCP 1.03 and comes with the last patch. You should use this new one

From page 41 of 6.2

10.3.2 Transit Distance for Supply Distribution
The maximum distance that supply points may travel from a supply source to a requesting unit or structure is three (3) map regions.
However, this distance is affected (i.e. often reduced) by the type of terrain being transited,
inclement weather, and the presence of enemy forces. Important: Supply may only transit
through regions in which a player has a minimum of 25% Military Control. (Enemy light
cavalry units acting as Raiders automatically block all supply from transiting a region in
which they are located.)

arsan

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:43 am

or

Merci/thanks.

Hi!

Well, the inner workings of the supply system are rather complicated, but from play experience, i think i can give some advice about it (hope i'm not too wrong! :innocent :)

- Units in or adjacent to a supply source (with supply stacked in) will always receive supply if they need to refill his stocks.

- Units within three areas of a supply source with supply are "in theory" within the supply range of that source. But (and its a big BUT) this range can and will be reduced by weather and terrain. And of course, the presence or control on the enemy.
So you can reasonably expect to receive supply form a source 3 regions away in good weather and if you are connected by a road. But don't expect the same with mud, snow or thought difficult terrain.

It's also very important to have at least one supply wagon, as they, besides stocking supply serves as supply magnets, pulling supply from the sources. A stack without wagons will rarely (if ever) get supply from non adjacent sources.

The whole supply flow system is pretty complex, but fortunately is works automatically. The game runs it, pushing and pulling supply around from source to source and from them to your units as best as possible.

Just using common sense (don't move 100.000 troops through the wilderness without roads and expect to receive supply for all!), getting control of structures and road networks and trying to maintain a supply lines with depots no more than 3 areas away is usually enough.
With the enemy around, this is easier said than done! :niark:

Hope it helps
Regards!

PS: it seems i was not fast enough!! Well, 3 answers are better than none!

Nikel

Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:51 am

But yours is always the best, arsan :coeurs: ;)

I always learn a lot from your serious posts, and from the the others too :niark:

In one of my first tries with NCP I nearly lost a complete corps trying to advance to La Coruña in northwestern Spain (PW campaign), for the time it managed to arrive there, the corps had nearly disappeared, and was easily defeated by the anglo-spanish forces there, only the commander survived :niark: and just because he cannot die

Amaury
Private

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:52 pm

muchas gracias!

so my guys are supplied within 3 regions of a supply source provided the environmental conditions are optimal! Good!

Regarding this latest version of the manual, where can I find it?

arsan

Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:56 pm

Hi
There are links to updated manuals on the bottom of the main forums page.
This is the last NCP one (version 6)
http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165
Regards

Nikel

Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:23 pm

arsan, remember that this is not the last ;)

The last comes with the patch

http://www.ageod-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=164

Amaury, if you are already using 1.04b (check on the right corner below on NCP startup), then it is not necessary to apply the patch. The last manual 6.2, should be in your "Napoleon's campaigns\docs" folder

Amaury
Private

Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:18 pm

I found it! thanks!

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”