clairobscur
Conscript

Not seeing the intro scene

Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:56 pm

I just got a new electronic copy of "Great Invasions" thanks to Philippe Thibaut ( I had a disk copy and wanted the patch), but when I launched it, I just got a black screen, even though I could hear the sound (like the "NO-BI-LIS" at the beginning).

It took me a while (trying to update my drivers, etc..) before I figured out that actually, it was just a problem during the intro and after that the game loads and plays normally. I vaguely recall having had a similar problem in the past, but I can't remember if it was also with "Great Invasions" (I played it only once, and long ago).

Is this "black screen during the intro" thing something I should worry about? Is it related to the new patched version of the game? Is there a way to see the intro (not that it's really important, I just like watching games' intro scenes, so if there's an easy way to fix it, I would be interested)?

calvinus

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:14 pm

You do not have installed the DivX codec... this is why you get a black screen instead of seeing the intro AVI sequence.

clairobscur
Conscript

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:43 pm

calvinus wrote:You do not have installed the DivX codec... this is why you get a black screen instead of seeing the intro AVI sequence.

Indeed. I mistook DiVX for directX. And it's not the first time I do that. That's probably why I remembered having had a similar problem in the past. Thanks.

Joe D.
Private

DivX

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:39 pm

calvinus wrote:You do not have installed the DivX codec... this is why you get a black screen instead of seeing the intro AVI sequence.

Is that all DivX does? It also wanted to add a "google" toolbar.

calvinus

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:53 pm

No, Google toolbar is not required.

Return to “Great Invasions”