Ian Coote
Major

building forts

Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:42 am

Hi,whats the cost for building forts? I looked in the manual but couldn't seem to find it.

lodilefty

Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:59 am

1 supply unit, 1 artillery unit
25 days
in a 'structure' [city, settlement]

...and I think you must have military control of the region?
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Fatboy
Sergeant

Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:56 pm

I would be interested in the thoughts of other players as to why it is a good idea to build a fort in WIA.
I have built depots but have never thought it worth the cost to build a fort. Was I wrong? :confused:

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Fatboy wrote:I would be interested in the thoughts of other players as to why it is a good idea to build a fort in WIA.
I have built depots but have never thought it worth the cost to build a fort. Was I wrong? :confused:

Do you feel comfortable attacking forts? :innocent:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

arsan

Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 pm

I never build forts on AACW but i do on WIA.
They offer protection form bad weather, bonus in combat and also provide some supply.
On 1755 campaign as the English for example i like to have a chain of forts or forts+depot from my bases to the "front" deep in the wilderness so reinforcements can move up and down resting and feeding in the way.
Many of them are existing forts or ones you receive by event but you have to fill in the gaps and reconstruct some of the ones that get destroyed by the Indians (Ft Cumbreland for example)
Using just a depot is also an option but will tie more troops as garrison to properly defend it. I feel safer with a fort :D

lodilefty

Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:26 pm

..and Forts may be built anywhere, not just in Cities....

They are 'safe way-stations' in the Wilderness
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

TiFlo
Captain

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:06 pm

I wouldn't say fort the WoI campaign, as it goes on mostly populated areas, but for the F&I war, they are indeed a must have. Especially if playing as the British, as they must be on the offensive, and need to cross great deserted areas of wilderness in order to reach their objectives. Erecting forts along your way relieves you of the otherwise very painful, time consuming, and too often frustrating need to get your units to frontlines, which usually leaves you with at best 2 months for action, before having to withdraw all the way to your bases.
[CENTER]« Quel pays ! Quels hommes ! Quelle guerre ! Non, ma chère maman, votre enfant n'est pas fait pour habiter cette contrée barbare. »
[/CENTER]
[CENTER] Louis-Antoine de Bougainville, 1758
[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Image
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][color=DarkGreen]WIA 1.05 Patch[/color]
[/CENTER]

arsan

Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:15 pm

lodilefty wrote:..and Forts may be built anywhere, not just in Cities....

Indeed! :thumbsup:
This is and old thread and Lodi's post (#2) is outdated by now:
Back then (july 2008) you could only build forts on regions with a city/town. But on a latter parch was added the possibility of build forts also on empty regions. :coeurs:

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”