Hok
General

BOA2 - Feature focus : #6 Overhauled scenarios!

Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:45 pm

As previously reported, most of the scenarios from BOA have been converted to WIA (this is in addition to the new scenarios introduced, as the 1812 Campaign).

Many changes have been made to take advantage of the improved Game Engine (since the February 2006 release of BOA), as well as many excellent inputs from the BoA community, modders, and researchers.

New models and units [in many cases with new graphics] include:
  • Riflemen {regular, elite, militia and back woods}
  • British Grenadiers
  • New German units {Jagers, Grenadiers, Artillery}
  • Naval Stores {immobile supplies}
  • New variations of garrisons {1 company, militia, regulars, provincials, Canadian Colonials}
  • Spies
  • Many new Native units {Sioux, Seminole, Shawnee}
  • .An entire new set of 1812 units {multiple Infantry types, Fusiliers, Hussars, Yeomanry, Swiss Infantry, Voltigeurs, Pirates}
  • ...and many new leaders for all factions
All Campaigns and Scenarios have been adjusted for these new units, as well as having some new events added.

There has been much focus on the major campaigns during migration, with many new events added as well as new villages, towns, cities and forts in the regions that were “to the west of the map edge” in BoA.

In particular, the entire 1755 campaign, as well as the 1756 Montcalm and 1759 Annus Mirablis scenarios have been completely overhauled. They are now very similar to the wonderful BoA mod done by lightfantastic, and described in his AAR. [http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7175] {In fact, lightfantastic personally spent many hours rewriting these scenarios into WiA Databases. A very large thank you}

The Cherokee War of 1755 is now included in the 1755 Campaign, requiring the British to pay more attention to the South

The 1775-1776 Campaigns have had their OOB adjusted to historical, and many new events added. Paul Revere will spy on the British in Boston. You will see Lord Dunmore's escape, followed by his liberation of the slaves and raising of Loyalist forces. Congress will require you to invade Canada in 1775, or pay a price! Georgia rebels will respond to attacks on critical towns. Benedict Arnold and Major Andre will spy on Washington's forces.

You will encounter the effects of Thomas Paine's “Common Sense”, Nathan Hale's capture and execution, George Galphin's negotiations with the Cherokee Nation, Ben Franklin's efforts in Europe, Galvez and his Spanish forces in Louisianne [incorporated into the campaign based on the new separate scenario], many more American privateers and the 'smaller' Continental Navy ships, and much more.

...and the Continental Marines arrive on November 10, 1775 with Samuel Nicholas! Semper Fi!

GShock

Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 am

Definitely time to put down AACW and Battle Cry of Freedom to start learning some more history with BOA2. Anyone can suggest a good book on the subject that could match BCoF?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

nemethand
Colonel

Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:44 am

For a detailed work, I can recommend 'Crucible of War' by Fred Anderson.

You may also check lightfantastic's first post for a list of other titles: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7175

oxford_guy
Corporal

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:40 am

Hok wrote:As previously reported, most of the scenarios from BOA have been converted to WIA (this is in addition to the new scenarios introduced, as the 1812 Campaign).
In particular, the entire 1755 campaign, as well as the 1756 Montcalm and 1759 Annus Mirablis scenarios have been completely overhauled. They are now very similar to the wonderful BoA mod done by lightfantastic, and described in his AAR. [http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=7175] {In fact, lightfantastic personally spent many hours rewriting these scenarios into WiA Databases. A very large thank you}

The Cherokee War of 1755 is now included in the 1755 Campaign, requiring the British to pay more attention to the South

This is all great news, I'm much more interested in gaming the French & Indian wars than the later War of Independence and its good to hear this period has been given the attention it deserves for BOA2.

Pocus

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:24 pm

There are also several, smaller scaled, scenarios where you play exclusively the Indians. Evasive movements, ambushes, depots and supply burning, are all valid tools to achieve your goals.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Plugger
Corporal

Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:10 am

Goodaye,

Sounds excellent. I've read the AAR by lightfantastic and wondered if the enhanced supply system that he used is incorporated in the game and if so, can the AI handle it?

Cheers,
Plugger

denisonh
Captain

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:57 pm

GShock wrote:Definitely time to put down AACW and Battle Cry of Freedom to start learning some more history with BOA2. Anyone can suggest a good book on the subject that could match BCoF?

I recommend 1776 by McCullough and The First Salute by Tuchman for the AWI.

Pilgrim
Civilian

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:56 am

nemethand wrote:For a detailed work, I can recommend 'Crucible of War' by Fred Anderson.

I am just completing this book, and I must agree with your recommendation. Wonderful piece of work.

lightsfantastic
Colonel

Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:38 pm

Plugger wrote:Goodaye,

Sounds excellent. I've read the AAR by lightfantastic and wondered if the enhanced supply system that he used is incorporated in the game and if so, can the AI handle it?

Cheers,
Plugger

The supply system was not included. The AI was not usable with it, so it would be for PBEM/hotseat only games. But I'm sure once BOA2 is released that I will continue to mod it as well. I'm trying to get the OoB right, or as close to it as possible, and worry about the rest after.

jastaV
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:55 pm

As regard history, is then possible, or better, when it will be possible to have biographic notes attached to any major Leader/General in AGEOD games?

Spamming AGEOD forums with ideas and suggestions, sometimes ago I asked for the possibility to have a printable report, reporting major events, relative to any played Scenery/Campaign.
Possible with AGEOD BOA2/WIA ?

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”