Hok
General

BOA2 - Feature focus : #3 Scenarios and Campaigns

Fri May 23, 2008 1:39 pm

Most of the scenarios from BOA have 'migrated' to WIA (with tons of improvements, of course! More on that in another feature focus :nuts :) .

- Campaign 1755-1763
- Montcalm 1756
- Annus Mirabilis 1759
- Campaign 1775-1783
- Campaign 1776-1783
- Carolina 1776
- Saratoga 1777
- Campaign 1778
- Tory Indian War 1778
- Lincoln 1779
- Greene 1780
- Cornwallis 1781
- Yorktown 1781

Additional new scenarios are being developed and tested:

1636 Pequot War [Great Britain colonies vs. Native Americans]

The Pequot War was an armed conflict between an alliance of Massachusetts Bay and Plymouth colonies, with Native American allies (the Narragansett and Mohegan tribes), against the Pequot tribe. This war saw the elimination of the Pequot as a viable polity in what is present-day southern New England.

1756 Montcalm – Roi Louis 'what-if' [France vs. Great Britain]

A what-if scenario. The player start with exactly the same setup as the 1756 Moncalm scenario. If the French player succeeds in capturing and holding several strategic locations [or Albany alone], the French King [Roi Louis XV] becomes convinced that the capture of all of North America is in reach. Additional reinforcements are sent to pursue this goal.

1774 Dunmore's War [Great Britain colonies vs. Native Americans]

This scenarios covers the brief war in 1774 between the Colony of Virginia and the Indian nations of the Shawnee and Mingo.

The conflict resulted from escalating violence between British colonists who in accordance with previous treaties were exploring and moving into land south of the Ohio River—modern West Virginia and Kentucky—and American Indians who held treaty rights to hunt there. As a result of successive attacks by Indian hunting and war bands upon the settlers, war was declared to pacify the hostile Indian war bands.

1779 Galvez War [Spain vs. Great Britain]

This scenarios covers the campaigns conducted by Spanish governor of Louisiana between 1779 and 1781 which saw the conquest of British West Florida.

On June 21, 1779 Spain declared war on England. Gálvez, Governor of Louisiana, swiftly and secretly organized Louisiana and New Orleans for war. After many victories, he received many honors from Spain for his military victories against the British, including promotion to lieutenant general and field marshal, governor and captain general of Louisiana and Florida (now separated from Cuba), the command of the Spanish expeditionary army in America, and the titles of viscount of Gálveztown and count of Gálvez.

1791 Fallen Timbers [Americans vs. Native Americans]

This scenarios covers the campaigns conducted by American forces against the Delaware and Shawnee Indians between 1791 and 1794 which saw the establishment of American control in the Northwest Territory.

...and Pontiac's War ... and new 1812 Scenarios including a full 1812 campaign...

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri May 23, 2008 3:30 pm

Outstanding news re: the new scenarios. I grew up about 5 miles from the Fallen Timbers battlefield (Maumee, Ohio). Also am looking forward to the 1812 action hopefully to include Ft. Meigs and the Battle of Lake Erie.

MarkShot

Fri May 23, 2008 4:46 pm

Greetings, OldSpec4! Are you the same gentleman I know from the Matrix Games boards? If so, nice to bump into you again.

oldspec4
Lieutenant Colonel

Fri May 23, 2008 5:04 pm

MarkShot wrote:Greetings, OldSpec4! Are you the same gentleman I know from the Matrix Games boards? If so, nice to bump into you again.

Yes sir...have followed many of your posts here and at Matrix.

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 23, 2008 10:38 pm

Mark: As an aside, can you get Matrix to let me into thier forum. I have not misbehaved and I own two of their games and perhaps would buy others. I do not deserve this shabby treatment. T
PS: Rafe: I know, I know. T

arclight
Private

Sat May 24, 2008 1:37 am

1812?
"Who IS John Galt?"

Veritas Vos Liberabit

MarkShot

Sat May 24, 2008 1:46 am

tagwyn wrote:Mark: As an aside, can you get Matrix to let me into thier forum. I have not misbehaved and I own two of their games and perhaps would buy others. I do not deserve this shabby treatment. T
PS: Rafe: I know, I know. T

I just noticed this post. I regret to say that I don't have any special pull with Matrix Games. The betas over there are usually brought by their respective developers. For example, myself I signed with Panther Games around 2001. So, possibly if you had an issue with Panther Games, I might be able to interceed (as I am retired beta and an alumnus). But Matrix ... well ... it's a different story. You would do best to bring your issue before: David Heath (owner), Erik Rutins (production), and/or Alex Fiedler (Web).

Let me know if you require their email addresses. Take care. (PM - if you need anything further as this probably doesn't belong in the public forums. Thanks.)

tagwyn
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat May 24, 2008 7:01 am

Thanks Mark, you are correct. T

Heldenkaiser
AGEod Grognard

Sat May 24, 2008 1:27 pm

arclight wrote:1812?

What is the question? Was there a War of 1812, or when was the War of 1812 ;) , or what was the War of 1812 about, or why and how is it included in the game? :innocent:
[color="Gray"]"These Savages may indeed be a formidable Enemy to your raw American Militia, but, upon the King's regular & disciplined Troops, Sir, it is impossible they should make any Impression." -- General Edward Braddock[/color]
Colonial Campaigns Club (supports BoA and WiA)
[color="Gray"]"... and keep moving on." -- General U.S. Grant[/color]
American Civil War Game Club (supports AACW)

arclight
Private

Mon May 26, 2008 12:09 am

Heldenkaiser wrote:What is the question? Was there a War of 1812, or when was the War of 1812 ;) , or what was the War of 1812 about, or why and how is it included in the game? :innocent:

Yes. :siffle:

Seriously.... are 1812 scenarios included in BOA2? Or, will this be the fan's work?
"Who IS John Galt?"

Veritas Vos Liberabit

Korrigan
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon May 26, 2008 7:00 am

arclight wrote:Seriously.... are 1812 scenarios included in BOA2? Or, will this be the fan's work?

Check out the initial announcement, last line.
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." Mark Twain

Bruit Bleu

Mon May 26, 2008 11:51 am

Oh ! A XVIIth century scenario ! Great news !! :nuts:

If I can make suggestions about older conflicts, why not adapt the Yamasee War between colonials of South Carolina and various indian tribes (1715-1717) or the bloody King Philip's War which opposed rallied Indians and colonies of New England (1675-1676) ?

Or maybe is it too late ? :innocent:

And a question : what about the new naval boxes ? Are they used like in ACW ?

By the way, BOA is one of my favorite strategy games and this new version is very intriguing ! :sourcil:

PhilThib

Mon May 26, 2008 11:54 am

For the July 4th release, it may be a bit late...nevertheless, new scenarios are always welcome in the future patch releases, so you can work on these...

What we need is a detailed OOB and event list for the scenario: who has what, who owns what, where are the units, what are the reinforcements, etc... :indien:

Our modding forum is full of useful resources you can obtain, discover and use in order to build new scenarios... :cwboy:

Nikel

Mon May 26, 2008 12:23 pm

Interesting read in the link you posted, Bruit Bleu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Philip%27s_War

King Philip's War was not the first or last conflict between Europeans and Native Americans. Previous conflicts include the Spanish enslavement of natives in the Caribbean, Florida and New Mexico as Coronado's expedition of 1540-1542 to New Mexico and the midwest and Desoto's war of destruction to the Mississippi in 1538-1542 introduced the Native Americans to Spanish culture.

Of course those indians who lived in english and french zones were much more lucky, this is the reason so many USA and Canada presidents were descendants of Wampanoag indians and other tribes, and their culture have flourished till today :niark:

And of course there were no slaves on those zones colonized by rational and civilized europeans.

Just some irony :siffle:

Bruit Bleu

Mon May 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Philippe,
I already had a look on the excel sheets, especially NCP's... However understanding and then modding them is some of work (and thus time) for someone who is really not used to this kind of exercise... :tournepas

But I'd really like to help or do something for your great games ! :coeurs:
If only days had more hours... :rolleyes:

Hok
General

Mon May 26, 2008 12:35 pm

Bruit Bleu wrote:
And a question : what about the new naval boxes ? Are they used like in ACW ?

Yes Bruit Bleu the Four naval OMB will permit to play with some privateers :turc:

Pocus

Mon May 26, 2008 2:03 pm

Bruit Bleu wrote:Philippe,
I already had a look on the excel sheets, especially NCP's... However understanding and then modding them is some of work (and thus time) for someone who is really not used to this kind of exercise... :tournepas

But I'd really like to help or do something for your great games ! :coeurs:
If only days had more hours... :rolleyes:

Would you like to help the volunteers improve NCP? We are in need of people for this game.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

orca
Lieutenant

Mon May 26, 2008 4:03 pm

So no King George's War/Jenkin's Ear?

Bruit Bleu

Mon May 26, 2008 4:07 pm

Pocus,
PM sent ! :)

Hok,
Shall we, at last, see an icon of the famous Jean Lafitte depicted in the (great) BIO-BOA website [SIZE="1"](which seems curently bugged) [/size]? ;)

Hok
General

Mon May 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Bruit Bleu wrote:Hok,
Shall we, at last, see an icon of the famous Jean Lafitte depicted in the (great) BIO-BOA website (which seems curently bugged) ? ;)

Like this ???

Bruit Bleu

Wed May 28, 2008 2:32 pm

That's great ! Image

I like the style and the details of this new icon. :)

I'm not used to see M. Lafitte without his famous hat, but I agree with the no-hat policy.
Aside from this, I prefer larger heads than seeing the shoulders, but he's fine for me ! :hat:
TYW Baroque music mod

« Dulce Bellum Inexpertis »
Erasmus

oxford_guy
Corporal

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:52 pm

All good news, though I wish there was coverage of "King George's War" (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_George's_War ) and "Queen Anne's War" (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_Anne's_War ) and "King William's War" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_William%27s_War ), would also be nice if there were more shorter scenarios for the 1754-1763 conflict and maybe the option of a 1754 start for the Grand Campaign.

orca
Lieutenant

Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:05 am

oxford_guy wrote:All good news, though I wish there was coverage of "King George's War"....

Early on Thibault had suggested that they might do this one. I listed some OOBs and images in these threads

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=5114
http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?t=4299

Since it looks like ageod isn't doing this I thought I'd post the links here in case a modder wants to give it a shot.

I also have a question for Ageod - has the Northern 1778-80 campaign (from BoA) been removed?

PhilThib

Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:15 am

No, it's still there....and there is ample room for improvement in it :king:

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”