unbbmas
Corporal

a PBEM game

Mon May 08, 2006 10:53 pm

I began a PBEM game as a referee.
I can load the game like the opposite and see all the position of the armies, their plans and how my enemy sees my troops and
¡I don’t want to have this possibility¡
What can I do?
«El próximo vendaval que venga del Norte traerá a nuestros oídos el resonar de las armas. ¡Nuestros hermanos ya están en el campo de batalla! ¿Por qué esperar aquí, ociosos?
¿Qué es lo que desean los caballeros? ¿Qué quieren?
¿Son la vida o la paz tan dulces como para ser comparadas al precio de las cadenas o la esclavitud? ¡Impídelo, Señor Todopoderoso! No sé qué elegirán otros, pero en cuanto a mí, dadme la libertad o la muerte!»
23 de marzo de 1775, Patrick Henry

Pocus

Tue May 09, 2006 7:00 am

sorry there is no password protection for now. I guess you will just have to be honest :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

unbbmas
Corporal

sure

Tue May 09, 2006 7:42 am

Pocus wrote:sorry there is no password protection for now. I guess you will just have to be honest :)

Sure I will be :innocent: Is my oponent who need to believe
If the referee is a no player ¿this dont happend?
thanks
«El próximo vendaval que venga del Norte traerá a nuestros oídos el resonar de las armas. ¡Nuestros hermanos ya están en el campo de batalla! ¿Por qué esperar aquí, ociosos?

¿Son la vida o la paz tan dulces como para ser comparadas al precio de las cadenas o la esclavitud? ¡Impídelo, Señor Todopoderoso! No sé qué elegirán otros, pero en cuanto a mí, dadme la libertad o la muerte!»

Pocus

Tue May 09, 2006 8:01 am

no this won't happen, because you will only receive your turn file, which is stripped of any opponents armies you don't see. So the best solution is to ask another player if you are unsure.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

unbbmas
Corporal

impartial referees

Tue May 09, 2006 9:17 am

Pocus wrote:no this won't happen, because you will only receive your turn file, which is stripped of any opponents armies you don't see. So the best solution is to ask another player if you are unsure.

Then I propose the figure of the impartial referees that they do not participate in the games but that they manage them

I offer myself (please spanish or easy English)

Some other volunteer?

A listing?

Donegal
Corporal

Tue May 09, 2006 10:10 am

I have never thought in referee. Having playing PBEM games with cyberboard i have never thought about cheats from my opponent. If you are cheating, where is the fun? :)
We arent playing with money so no problem ;)

unbbmas
Corporal

No problem

Tue May 09, 2006 11:52 am

[quote="Donegal"]I have never thought in referee. Having playing PBEM games with cyberboard i have never thought about cheats from my opponent. If you are cheating, where is the fun? :)
We arent playing with money so no problem ]
I totally agree

Return to “Birth of America”