wryun
Sergeant

Entrenchments - bug? Or misreading?

Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:44 pm

I just fought a battle where I (English) moved out of Fort Oswego to attack a French army outside (i.e. I dragged the army out and set them to offensive). This resulted in the attached battle screen, where the French are listed as having '100' for entrenchment. I thought this level was only if they were inside a fort? How did they get entrenched at all?
Attachments
oswego.jpg

Pocus

Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:53 pm

You can be entrenched either inside or outside. Sorry if I don't perceive the problem ??

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

wryun
Sergeant

Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:59 pm

Pocus wrote:You can be entrenched either inside or outside. Sorry if I don't perceive the problem ??

The French had just arrived the previous turn; they had 100% entrenchment. I thought that 100% entrenchment was the same as the maximum that could be achieved in a level 1 fort? Why were they entrenched so much in hostile territory (and how can I learn this trick :-))? (Also, they managed to retreat into British controlled territory as well - I thought this wasn't allowed?)

Pocus

Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:05 am

Given the length of the BOA turn, it is possible to entrench in one turn yes, you have nothing to do, it is automatic but a good leader speed up the process significantly.
Retreat is allowed in enemy territory except if you have no military control at all.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

wryun
Sergeant

Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:38 am

Pocus wrote:Retreat is allowed in enemy territory except if you have no military control at all.

Ah, so primarily a problem for Indians/irregulars operating deep in enemy territory... thanks very much for the answers. Is there any chance of looking at the militia training issue? (see the last post in the 1.13 patch thread)

Return to “Birth of America”