What are your habits and intents, regarding AGEOD's games

I have bought most or all of their games and plan to buy all the others whatever the subject. (!)
14%
I have bought most or all of their games and plan to buy every game with an interesting subject.
31%
I have bought most or all of their games but will slow down in the future.
2%
I have bought some of their games and plan to continue doing that regularly.
15%
I have bought some of their games but will now buy only the most interesting from them.
7%
I have bought some of their games but will now be very picky about the nexts.
2%
I have bought some of their games but will stop buying them in the future.
0%
I discovered & bought 1 AGEOD game recently, and plan to buy most of their games in the future.
7%
I discovered/bought 1 AGEOD game recently, and plan to buy some (depend on subject) in the future.
18%
I discovered/bought 1 AGEOD game recently but this is enough for me.
1%
I don't own AGEOD games, but plan to do so in the near future.
3%
I don't own AGEOD games and this is not going to change anytime soon.
No votes

Total votes: 284
Pocus

AGEOD games and you: habits & intents [Poll]

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:26 pm

This is a poll about your habits, stance and intents on AGEOD games.

For now AGEOD games are:
Birth of America
AGEOD's American Civil War
Napoleon's Campaigns

Soon to be completed by:
Birth of America: War in America 1750-1815

And a bit less soon:
ASP (AGEOD's Secret Project :) )
Vainglory of Nation

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

denisonh
Captain

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:31 pm

What are my choices

Pocus

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:48 pm

I was still building the poll :)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

GShock

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:56 pm

bought 1 and plan to buy others.

Enthusiastic with :
customer support in forums
customer-focused development when historically plausible
total-mod supportive development
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
We ain't going down!

Pocus

Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:59 pm

For whose who will discontinue buying our games, you can comment on the why too.

denisonh
Captain

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Agree with GSHOCk, but I will add that the game engine using a wego format with an emphasis on leadership is execptional. The depth without being overly difficult to play of the games so far is outstanding. The "feel" and look great, and I have enjoyed BoA and ACW like no other games I have played. Expect NCP to be more of the same when I get a chance to play it.

Until you "fail", I see no reason not to buy any product that you would produce.

GShock wrote:bought 1 and plan to buy others.

Enthusiastic with :
customer support in forums
customer-focused development when historically plausible
total-mod supportive development

ird
Sergeant

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:17 pm

I own ACW, plan to buy NCP in next few days and BOA Gold when it comes out. I love strategy games but none have hooked me like ACW - and the forums and feedback are awesome

lodilefty

Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:22 pm

I have bought some of their games but will now buy only the most interesting from them.

and this is NOT due to any issue with their games, but rather:

1) I'll be beta testing BoA 2. That should keep me occupied a bit. :cwboy:
2) The US Dollar is weak, I'm retired, and have to make choices. :p leure:
3) I've always been choosey on the topic, with strong 'plus' to American Civil War, American Revolution, and games stressing diplomacy and trade over warfare. :coeurs:

I like what I see in NCP, but I've never gotten interested in Napoleonic era. (Oh my, what a BRAVE thing to say in the presence of such an esteemed group of Europeans!!!! :nuts: )

That's my story, and I'm stuck with it..... :siffle:

GShock

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:59 pm

I've only spoken about the company. It's obvious any title from AgeOD has got a grip on any potential customer and that's because the customer feedback is a plebiscitum of love for the devs. :coeurs:

I am ...curious, about the engine capabilities and its real power which, as you know, i think is yet to come from AACW. Might surprise you, but i'm more interested in BOA revised to NCP enhancements than in NCP itself :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We ain't going down!

RELee
Lieutenant

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:12 pm

I just recently purchased ACW. My plan is to purchase every currently available title, since they all look and sound as great as AACW. But we will have to see. My reality often veers away from the initial planning due to any number of reasons.

AGEOD is great, however. I really hope to continue to support them in the near future.

Ashbery76
Sergeant

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:17 pm

I look forward to Vainglory.AGEOD games just lack the 4X diplomacy/empire building at this point.

Syt
Colonel

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:19 pm

"I have bought most or all of their games and plan to buy every game that as an interesting subject."

E.g., a WW2 game would have to be very, very, very good to re-kindle my interest in the period (I am a bit satiated from tv, movies and games, but understand that many others are not). I look very much forward to Vainglory.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The brutality and inhumanity of war stood in great contrast to what I had heard and read about as a youth.
- Reinhold Spengler, war volunteer 1st Bavarian Infanterie Regmnt., 1916

kafka
Conscript

Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:00 am

I own BOA, AACW and plan to buy Napoleon's Campaigns too. Looking forward to Vainglory of nations and whatover the secret project may be as I think the more secret a project by Philippe & Co is the more excellent it will come out :niark:

btw I really hope the AGEOD team will soon embark the ww1/ww2 period

saintsup
Captain

Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:40 am

Syt wrote:E.g., a WW2 game would have to be very, very, very good to re-kindle my interest in the period (I am a bit satiated from tv, movies and games, but understand that many others are not).

Same point of view

denisonh
Captain

Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:36 am

saintsup wrote:Same point of view

As much as I love WW II wargames, I would really like to see more games about other periods. WW II has so many games, many of them good, while there are so many periods that hare/have been "neglected". AGEOD has published games in 3 periods that have had little exposure that I really love that have had little attention: American War for Independence, American Civil War (recently) and the Napoleonic period, and would like to see that trend continue.

pasternakski
Colonel

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:22 am

I am slowing down in the future, but not just because I'm such an old fart.

I love AGEod and its approach to computer wargame design, but I don't like frequent patching to remove significant problems (or to make significant revisions) and not being able to tell what is a "mod" from what is the real game.

So, I will postpone buying future AGEod releases until I am satisfied that I am buying a "final" version and that any "officially approved mods" that have been incorporated do not screw up vital features, such as play balance, historicity, or program stability.

Oh. NCP? I don't want it until I can get a full Napoleonic era campaign.

emu
Private

intentions

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:06 am

I will buy NCP sometime over the next few months. Just too busy playing AACW and doing the family thing to cover another game now. The extra time enables the initial release bugs and key enhancements to be sorted out too.

Later purchases depend upon subject matter alone as the game quality of AGEOD products is superb.

richfed

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:21 am

I love BOA and AACW.

I bought NCP, but haven't played it yet ... not a real subject of interest to me. Quite honestly, I bought the game mainly to help support a great little company. Plan to continue to do so in the future. And, I AM an Old Fart! :)

Ever heard of an old Avalon Hill board game called Geronimo? About the western US Indian Wars ... might make a neat conversion to the Ageod system.
[color="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]"We've caught them napping!"[/font][/size][/color]

Robert E. Lee
Private

Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:22 am

I have:

Great Invasions
Birth of America
American civil war

I will purchase:

Napoleon's campaign
Vainglory of Nations

I will not purchase (at least not planned for the moment):

It would feel like buying the same game twice (i know there's much more to it but still).

Cheers
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it"

Cinoque
Conscript

Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:27 pm

"I discovered/bought 1 AGEOD game recently, and plan to buy some (depend on subject) in the future."

I have ACW and I will wait "Vainglory" :coeurs:

Rafiki

Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:21 am

Robert E. Lee wrote:I will not purchase (at least not planned for the moment):

It would feel like buying the same game twice (i know there's much more to it but still).

Unless I'm very much mistaken, AGEOD will provide owners of BoA a sizeable discount on it, so you'll probably get your money worth on it still (and then some) :)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE
Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER]

Chris Stavros
Corporal

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:54 pm

I love historical strategy games, I have all of these and will add any new ones as well.

muddymonkey77
Captain

Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:03 am

I'm all for buying anything from AGEOD that involves the 18th Century or Early 19th Century. (1700-1820) That's my favorite time period! Keep making these games...and I'll keep giving you money!

DennyWright
Lieutenant

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:58 am

I'll buy whatever you make*. I know it will be top quality.

*within reason, of course!

Tirailleur
Private

Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:54 pm

muddymonkey77 wrote:I'm all for buying anything from AGEOD that involves the 18th Century or Early 19th Century. (1700-1820) That's my favorite time period! Keep making these games...and I'll keep giving you money!

As muddymonkey77 said, but with the extension to the End of the 19th Century :gardavou:

Flashman007
Corporal

Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:47 pm

I have BOA and ACW and Wicked Defense. Seriously considering Montjoie.

I passed on NCW- did see much point in it as structured (kinda the same reason I never play the ACW scenarios). Will reconsider if they do a grand campaign.

Still irritated over the dropping the Web based play. (Yes I know I am beating a dead horse).

Will consider future titles on their merit and multiplayer capabilities. Overall, with the exception of multiplayer I think this company puts out a very good product and seriously consider any product they put out based on my interests. Will have to read more about VOG after the game is released. Comments in these forums carry a lot of weight with me versus the shills that pass as independent reviews (trying to remember the last "bad" review I have seen ...... hmmm..... can't think of any.

GlobalExplorer
AGEod Veteran

Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:48 pm

Sorry the poll is a bit bloated for my taste .. did not know what to vote for.

Here's what I will do:

- continuing playing AACW for a long long time
- buy Birth of America: War in America 1750-1815 once it is out
- keep an eye on every new title from Ageod

As to NCP, I must admit, without an option to build Armies, it does not have much appeal to me.

Right now I am eagerly awaiting the improved version of BoA, once it is out it should keep me interested for a while!

Ardie
Captain

Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Vote added.

Bought BOA and AACW...like them both. Lack of GC and free time has discouraged me to buy NCP but I think I may have a couple of looks for the demo though and decide later.

The new version of BOA sounds interesting but I think I will have looksee first.

arclight
Private

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:21 pm

Rafiki wrote:Unless I'm very much mistaken, AGEOD will provide owners of BoA a sizeable discount on it, so you'll probably get your money worth on it still (and then some) :)

Not to Poo in the punchbowl, but this info is not correct (at least some of it). :siffle:

But, I will shell out the moola for NC and BOA2, probably VoG too. The system is a good one (I'm actually showing my daughter American Revolution history via the game...).
"Who IS John Galt?"

Veritas Vos Liberabit

Rafiki

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:29 pm

Indeed. Things have been clarified since I posted that; message deleted.

(I'd appeciate if you could remove the quote too, since it's incorrect?)
[CENTER]Latest patches: AACW :: NCP :: WIA :: ROP :: RUS :: PON :: AJE

Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[/CENTER]

Return to “General discussions”