chocko101
Conscript

Transport and Strategic Movement Question

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:21 am

Hi everyone,

I have a couple questions for the forum.

1) I've read in other parts of the forum that Transports in the Shipping Lane boxes generate WS and money.

viewtopic.php?f=331&t=52585&p=398968&hilit=industry#p398963

I have 5 transports in the Shipping Lane box and the System Various Messages says my transports are shipping 1,708 supply points oversea with their maximum being 3,860 points. Do supply points equate to WS and/or $? Or am I mistaken that transports generate WS and $?

2) I've also read that there is away to "strategically move"units more rapidly from the West Coast to the East Coast. I'm not sure if that is possible. I have a couple of Ranger units that I want to move from Oregon to Baltimore. When I drag their card to Baltimore and use river and rail transport, it takes about 105 days. Is there a faster way of moving them?

Thanks in advance!

pgr
General of the Army

Re: Transport and Strategic Movement Question

Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:34 pm

1. Look in the log messages. (Specifically the one on the far right that looks a bit like a key.) It will tell you the exact amount of money and WS is being gained. The number you are seeing is the amount of GS and ammo being transfered via ocean shipping during the supply phase.

2. The stratigic redeploy function applys only to non-combat support units ( leaders, supply wagons, hospital units etc.) I think it also requires a rail path and can cause a loss in rail capacity. My suggestion for bringing units from the West coast to the East is by sending ocean transports to pick them up.

chocko101
Conscript

Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:24 am

Thanks for the feedback. I looked at the "key" messages, and it says the same thing -my merchant shipping is generating WS and $ but the message associated with the transports talks about GS. I see that supply number is increasing turn over turn as I add transports but I can't see where those transports are generating WS or $. I think I'm missing something here.

chocko101
Conscript

Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:01 am

Hi, i just wanted to follow up on my question about transport augmenting the merchant fleet to generate WS or $.

In my game I can see the positive impact my additional transports to the shipping lanes have on overseas supply but I do not see any impact of transports on the WS or $. I've read in the forum that adding transports to the shipping lanes will increase Union WS or $ but I haven't found that in the rules nor do i see it in my game.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Citizen X
AGEod Veteran

Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:19 am

To my knowledge, transports don't augment Ws and $ generation. Only brigs and merchant ships do.

Return to “Civil War II”