bstarr72
Conscript

any fix for game crash

Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:58 pm

I love this game by the way, I don't even mind the occasion crash as long as I can fix it. Right now I'm playing with the beta patch (1.03, I believe), but there is a persistent crash that I can't seem to get around. It happens when Russia attacks Turkey, usually two turns into their attack.

[Critical ] TRegion.DetachGroup Group reference not found in region (UID/Name) 1806 Ismail Group (UID/Name) 1011301 Ismail Garnizon

any idea how to fix or avoid it?

also, I'm not sure if this will be an issue later or not but I used the January start this time and France declared war on Austria early. The war is pretty much over but the historic treaty is unavailable in the decisions. Will it come up later when it's closer to the appropriate time or should I restart and wait until they enter the alliance with Britain by event before going to war.

Anything else I need to know to play the campaign game?

Thanks,
Byron

Pocus

Re: any fix for game crash

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:49 am

That's probably the AI trying something that is bugging out. Have you tried deleting the Ottoman turn file, and then doing a few things different in your turn so that the random generator makes the AI does things and it differently afterward?

bstarr72
Conscript

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:13 pm

Pocus wrote:That's probably the AI trying something that is bugging out. Have you tried deleting the Ottoman turn file, and then doing a few things different in your turn so that the random generator makes the AI does things and it differently afterward?

I've restarted the game from the beginning and ran into the same exact problem. In fact, it happened with the august start campaign and the January start campaign. It always happens the first turn in which Ismael is under siege (and the error seems to point to something with the Ismael garrison). Ismael and Galatz are both in Moldov territory but are garrisoned by ottoman forces but this shouldn't cause an issue as France has a number of garrisons in their satellites' territories.

I bought the game on steam and I'm playing with the beta patch if that makes a difference. If I need to buy it from matrix to get it to work it won't hurt my feelings, I really like this game.
Thanks
Byron

Durk

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:59 pm

Byron - did you do as Pocus suggested?

This is how you would do it:
After the turn you ran which did not work. Back up one turn.
Then enter the saves folder and find TUR file, there should be two. Delete these.
Go back into the game and do at least two things, like move a unit or buy a new units. Save
Then run the turn, see if this works.

bstarr72
Conscript

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:58 pm

I did. Same crash. Well, actually I can keep it from crashing if I don't attack Ismael but I really have to be able to attack that fort at some point.

Durk

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:35 am

Did you follow this routine for about three turns? That might do it.

bstarr72
Conscript

Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:20 pm

That didn't work so I reinstalled and started all the way back at the beginning. I had already started over and kept having the same mistake at the same time in the game but this time with reinstalling it worked. I guess something had installed wrong because there were a few more nonfatal glitches that seem to have disappeared as well.

Thanks everybody.

mosmaiorum
Civilian

Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:03 pm

hey, Byron,

late reply, but i got the same issue and i solved it for me.

the problem are 2 Moldovian army groups in Ismail. for some reason, the save file saved them in a corrupt way.

u need to do the following:

go to the save folder

open 2 files

the main save file (hst) and the specific nation save (ord), in this case tagged with "MOL". there u search for "moruzi" and the other name ("levy" something). if u found both, delete all in between {group}...{/group}. and magically - it works. i just deleted those corrupted units from the save.

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”