keoman
Civilian

Game Save System

Fri May 31, 2019 11:38 pm

I own 8 of the AGEOD games and love them. But I have a huge problem with the game save system on most of the newer games including 30 yrs war, CWII, etc.

When I hit the game save button from within the game, it seems to save. But when I go to load my latest saved game from the game menu, it is not there. I cntl-click per the tool tip and it takes me to the game save folder, I see the file for the game I just saved, but when I click on it to load it I get a Microsoft error message.

I have lost many games in progress this way. Frustrating.

In other words, there is no way to access my saved games from the game save menu. I seems as though the game is auto-saving my game about every 20 minutes because when I try to load it, the date and time stamp is usually recent, but not the exact date of my save.

What am I doing wrong here?

Durk

Re: Game Save System

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 pm

You explain a problem I have never seen, so I want to make sure I understand the sequence you explain, but first; I fell in love with AGEOD games, so glad you enjoy them, too.

From the sequence you explain it seems you are trying to load games from something other than the 'Load' menu. This might just be a language issue that you say you are trying to load from the saves menu.
Question: Does the resume button take you to where you were? If so, then finding a fix should be easy. If not, we will look somewhere else.
Not an answer yet, seeking clarity.

deguerra
Major

Re: Game Save System

Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:59 am

Hi keoman,

I can't be 100% sure from what you describe, but you may have an issue with your Windows UAC (User Account Control) that I've had previously with AGEOD:

Depending on where your game is installed and where your saves are located, your Windows UAC may be preventing the game from saving. You can change the UAC settings and/or move the installation folder of the game to try and resolve this. I have also noticed that sometimes the game folders are set to "read-only" which can also cause an issue.

However if you're saying this happens sometimes but not always then I'm not 100% sure if this is your issue, but it may be worth trying.

Good luck!
-deguerra

Return to “Thirty Years War”