Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sons of War (RUS Gold Mod)

Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 am

Hello everyone! I really love this game and play it 9 years. Some time ago I decided to breathe a new life into RUS by modifying it. This mod will affect different aspects of the game and 3 scenarios: Great Compaign, November 18, May 19.

List of changes:
=============23 May 2019==============
1. MANY new abilities for generals. I read a lot of biographies and according to these I added abilities that most fit to every general.
2. Romania, Finland, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia (Yes, each separately, Not Baltics and Caucasus ) are now the independent factions and they are opening automatically after German retreating. You can fight with them or have a peace, but their forces and territories will be.
3. Small graph pack for units and some generals.
4. Added units to new factions.
5. AI for Caucasus factions
6. Japan is independent faction. Semenov, Kalmykov, Matsievsky, Ungern are Japanese Puppets. Siberians can attack Semenov and Japanes. And there is also event of Japanes withdrawing.
7. GHQs aren't fixed anymore and can move and command the forces.
8. Little historical changes in Composition of troops in grand campaign
9.If you break alliance with anarchists, they will not disappear. Angry Batka Makhno will fight with you by his big Black Army.
10. There will be no penalty for "not captured the capital of balt, Caucasus, fin etc.". The Reds already have problems with armies of these factions.
11. The forces of Caucasus are more historical. Every of Caucasian factions has forces with total power ~1000-1200
12. The most of events has picture and describe (red messages)

=============24 May 2019==============
1. Portrets for RED Liubimov, RED Snesarev (New), RED Dundich, RED Primakov, RED Slaven, RED Kotovskiy, RED Dumenko, ANA Mamontov, ANA Rogov, GRN Kolesnikov, WH3 Dolinin.

=============25 May 2019==============
1. Portrets for WH2 Popov, WH3 Gamov, WH3 Vishnevsky, WH3 Baranovsky, WH3 Krasilnikov, WH3 Juna-Id-Khan (New), WHI Subbotin, WH3 Tarasevich, WHI Barbovich, WHI Turkul.
2. Changes in resources on start in Grand Compaign.
3. Added new commander Ataman Gamov to Semenov.

=============26 May 2019==============
1. Achkhabat uprising and Britains of Malleson belong to Southern Whites now (and added event of creation of Turkestan White Army)
2. Changes in start resources, little changes in armies on start in November 18
3. Bisherakhov belongs to eastern Whites now (he was never depended on Denikin, but helped to his forces)
4. General JAP Otani now 3 stars and can command an Army, Japans are not fixed
5. WH3 Savitsky is 2 stars now and commands Turkestan army, belongs to eastern Whites.
6. Added model: 3 stars RED Svechnikov, 3 stars RED Samoylo, 3 star RED Shorin, 3 stars RED Kork, 3 stars RED Uborevich, 3 stars RED Blucher, 2 stars RED Poluyan, 2 stars RED Mironov, 2 stars RED Dybenko, 3 stars WHI Pokrovsky, 3 stars WHI Erdeli, 2 stars WHI Vitkovsky

=============29 May 2019==============
1. Added AI for RED, WHI, WH3, GER, POL, ANA, UKR from FatalYears. (Trial)
2. Added AI for Romania.
3. Added models (and portrets, where necessary):3 stars WHI Ulagai, 2 stars WHI Toporkov, 2 stars WHI Borovsky, 3 stars WHI Borovsky, 2 stars WHI Kazanovich, 2 stars WHI Babiev, 3 stars WH2 Kappel, 2 stars WH2 Molchanov, 3 stars WH3 Pepeliaev, 3 stars WH3 Verzhbitsky, 3 stars WH3 Diterikhs, 3 stars WH3 Voitsekhovski, 2 stars WH3 Shishkin, 2 stars WH3 Tetruev, 2 stars WH3 Smolin, 2 stars WH3 Belov, 3 stars WH3 Belov, 1 star ROM Iliescu, 1 star ROM Cristescu, 1 star ROM Negulescu, 2 stars ARM Nazarbekov, 1 star ARM Areshev, 1 star ARM Srvantstian, 1 star ARM Nzhdeh, 1 star ARM Ozanian, 1 star ARM Ter-Pogosian, 1 star AZR Makaev, 1 star AZR Kargaleteli, 1 star AZR Dubrovsky, 1 star AZR Agabekov, GEO Infantry, ARM Infantry, AZR Cavalry.

=============30 May 2019==============
1. Added Infantries and Cavalries to Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia.
2. Changed Armies for Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia. Now they armies have ~1000 power.
3. Added models and (and portrets, where necessary):2 stars LAT Simanson, 2 stars LAT Radzin, 2 stars EST Soots, 2 stars EST Larka, 1 star EST Lill, 1 star LIT Kleshinsky, 2 stars LIT Nastopka, 2 stars LIT Velikis

=============31 May 2019==============
1. Trial AI for EST, LAT, LIT, FIN, JAP.

=============04 June 2019==============
1. Changed Czech withdrowing. Now if Directory comes to the power, their forces will be deleted immidiatly. But in another way their army will fight for you as always.
2. But it will be hard to save Komuch now. Before creation of Directory no Eastern forces except Komuch and Czech will be able to be on the Volga Theater. (Because Siberian forces don't want to help SR-s).
3. Now Grigoriev will not be executed by event. He will raise a revolt with big Army (~16000 people) on the Green side.
4. Some changes in the East 5th Poland Division.
6. Added models: GRN Tutunnik, GRN Heavy Armored Train, GRN Ukrainian Infantry, RED Shetinkin, WH3 Dolinin.
7. Added cursors for Ukraine and Anarchists.
8. The composition of the Volga uprising was changed and the commander Dolinin was added.
9. Commander Shchetinkin added to the Red Partisans of Siberia.

============= June 06, 2019 ==============

1. Antonovtsy now Green. Due to the fact that this is still a peasant uprising, which advocated advice, but without the Bolsheviks, and not the white dictatorship, which is likely to be observed by that time. Yes, whites helped the uprising with weapons, but it was profitable just as an uprising in the rear of the Bolsheviks, no part of them went over to white and did not plan. Well, and most importantly - it seems like a clash with anarchists, who in reality would hardly have fought with the peasants (even in vanilla, anarchists are in alliance with the green)
2. The uprising on the Volga River now belongs to the whites of the east and has a commander Dolinin. This is due to the fact that the rebels had the aim of connecting with the troops of Kolchak.
3. Added ports in some regions that have access to the sea or a large river (for example, Kizlyar)
4. Added the uprising of the Finns in Karelia with the commander Talvela. (second Soviet-Finnish)
5. Added Bashtanskoe uprising.
6. Added uprising in fort Krasnaya Gorka.
7. Anarchist troops are generally hired by the usual rules, but militia and partisans can be hired outside cities, which reflects how Makhno spontaneously drew strength without having captured cities.
8. Prescribed the December uprising in Omsk.
9. Uprisings in the west and east of Transbaikalia
10. Prescribed large-scale West Siberian uprising
11. Sapozhkov's Uprising
12. Bashkir Uprising against the Reds

Mayby this mod will be Interesting to somebody. It was a brief description of the innovations.
I have a little request. If you have some idias to make something else, please write about it. Or it can be some information. For example some events, options, or some materials on the graphic part. It would be great to have some pictures, that I can use for Units graphics.
I'm waiting for your ideas:) And sorry for my really bad English.

A new version of the mod has been released. It’s quite difficult to describe innovations in detail, because for several months I did a whole bunch of new things that came to my mind. Here is a list of the biggest changes:

1. Updated map: Many new cities and buildings in them.

2. The railway network has been greatly supplemented in accordance with historical realities.

3. Added many new commanders to both factions of white and red.

4. The Basmachi faction has been added, which instead of the greens will represent power at the Asian Theater.

5. A Cossack faction has been added, which will represent the separatist movement and raise uprisings similarly to the green ones in the Cossack regions in case of reduced loyalty.

6. Cossacks are now divided into sub-factions and each sub-faction has unique units and commanders.

7. A more flexible political system for the Whites of the East. Now, by decision, you can go to the Directory.

8. Reforms and repressions now give 2 times less loyalty than they take away requisition and mobilization.

9. New events.

10. New options.

11. The new system of units. Now units of a new type are available in a new order:

For the Reds: in July 1919, in January 1921.

For whites of the east: after the arrival of Kolchak, after the assassination of Kolchak.

For whites of the South: January 19th, after leaving or killing Denikin.

At the same time, units of the old type are gradually removed. The units of the new type are slightly stronger than the old ones, but in general, the changes reflect a change in the military uniform.

For the future, an even larger campaign is planned (from the 1917th year).

To install the mod, delete all the falders in the RUS folder except Settings folder in the root folder of the game. Unzip the archive to the root folder.

Version 25/08/2020:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nuAUaS ... sp=sharing

Version 18.09.2021:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11urfob ... sp=sharing

I do not delete the old version, suddenly whoever likes it better. The new version has a lot of minor changes and fixes. But in general, the main difference is a slight change in the balance of recruiting units. Changing the speed of units. (This is due to the fact that initially the game assumed such a speed for a 15-day turn, but in reality 14 days per turn are played out, therefore the speed is increased proportionally so that units pass as much in 14 days as they did in 15 in the very first versions). The policy of bonuses from buildings in the city has been slightly changed. The music in the game has been slightly updated. I should also highlight the completely changed concept of hiring recruits. Now only regiments are available for hire. (except for some types of equipment). Moreover, this will not hinder the creation of a technically equipped or just a full-fledged division, since up to 24 units can now be collected in a division. This also solves the problem when the AI ​​brings all units into one superdivision, and then, at the slightest mistake, loses them from disease and hunger. Well, now you can create divisions in more detail in such a composition, in which it is preferable to a person. At the same time, you do not have to wait any longer until the entire division finishes training, it is enough to wait for the completion of the training of a particular regiment and use it at your own discretion. Special units like the colored divisions are still inseparable as one unit in order to increase their survivability. They really remained very tenacious throughout the war and survived after it. Having played completely the game for the Reds, I felt that the colored divisions are a problem and I can irrevocably lose several regiments in a battle with them, and even if they lose most of them, they will all recover and may again become a problem. Well, also, the old save will not work here, respectively. In general, he played for the Reds stably until April 1924. Departures, of course, did happen, but not critical.
Last edited by Zenvaro on Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:01 am, edited 49 times in total.

Durk

Re: New Mod

Mon May 20, 2019 4:18 am

Thanks for your work. I will look to see if I have recommendations.

Nikel

Mon May 20, 2019 11:48 am

Always great news to have new modders, thanks Zenvaro :)

You are talking about modding RUS Gold, not the initial release, I guess.

If you were away from the forum, perhaps you missed that the AGE wiki has been restored.

https://www.leqg.org/doc/age/www.ageod. ... _Page.html

And that the databases of most of Ageod games are now public.

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/DB/

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Mon May 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Nikel wrote:Always great news to have new modders, thanks Zenvaro :)

You are talking about modding RUS Gold, not the initial release, I guess.

If you were away from the forum, perhaps you missed that the AGE wiki has been restored.

https://www.leqg.org/doc/age/www.ageod. ... _Page.html

And that the databases of most of Ageod games are now public.

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/DB/

Thank you for your kind words!)

Yes, I'm talking about Gold) It's more stable and has more features.

Thank you, I knew about Wiki. Few days ago I finally read it and understood how to change Scripts and make new)

Yes, old Database can be useful) I think Fatal years mod can be also useful and interesting as a database material.

Nikel

Mon May 20, 2019 12:39 pm

Several people made an effort to restore the wiki, including a mysterious AntoniusPius, and Lafrite, good to know it was useful.

Other topics databases may also be good as examples, that you may then apply to RUS.

You can use a pair of commanders portraits I did, in your mod, if you like them:

viewtopic.php?f=293&t=22243&start=30#p391334

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Mon May 20, 2019 2:24 pm

Thank you so much) I like these) Voitsekhovskiy in vanilla looks like Russian singer Vysotskiy:)

Nikel

Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 pm

Glad you liked them.

Have you a list of events you have already added or plan to add?

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu May 23, 2019 6:57 am

Nikel wrote:Glad you liked them.

Have you a list of events you have already added or plan to add?

I'm making it chaotically, when I read about the doings of some theater of the Civil War.
I can compose the list of the already added features and my further plans. Actually, I think that I'll finish all ideas in June. But if somebody will say some good new ideas, or I'll have some new ideas, I will constantly improve mod.

Nikel

Thu May 23, 2019 9:20 am

OK, waiting for the comments you may post, thank you :hat:

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu May 23, 2019 9:50 am

Nikel wrote:OK, waiting for the comments you may post, thank you :hat:

OK, I can write list in the first message

Nikel

Thu May 23, 2019 11:07 am

Oh, don't worry, take your time.

But at least, tell us the name of your mod ;)

Are you working more on Reds or Whites.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu May 23, 2019 11:50 am

[quote="Nikel"
Are you working more on Reds or Whites.[/quote]
I'm working on all the factions) the aim is to bring the game closer to history and at the same time give more freedom to player in changing history. To fill in the empty places in the game, make it livelier, and more interesting. I think it will be harder to play whites and Reds. All of them will have also another problems Besides them. The were many uprisings and political fightings in the rear among themselves.

Nikel

Re: Sons of War (RUS Gold Mod)

Thu May 23, 2019 4:58 pm

Read your update, nice stuff:

It is going to be a complete mess with so many factions.

Most of the events red and with picture, nice touch.

And political fighting in the rearguard!

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri May 24, 2019 11:04 am

Nikel wrote:Read your update, nice stuff:

It is going to be a complete mess with so many factions.

Most of the events red and with picture, nice touch.

And political fighting in the rearguard!

I have two ideas, but I don't know are they good, or not.
Whites were devided, so they acted independently.
1. To make KOMUCh independent, but by creating the Directory you can get all their forces
2.to make DON independent, but if they will not take Tzaritsyn, you'll get their forces

Nikel

Sun May 26, 2019 5:03 pm

Looks like too many factions and complications for an already factioned and complicated game.

Just my opinion.

Besides you need more AI files?

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu May 30, 2019 4:03 pm

Some screens.
Attachments
5.png
5.png (2.45 MiB) Viewed 56495 times
4.png
4.png (2.42 MiB) Viewed 56495 times
3.png
3.png (2.34 MiB) Viewed 56495 times
2.png
2.png (2.39 MiB) Viewed 56495 times
1.png
1.png (2.11 MiB) Viewed 56495 times

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu May 30, 2019 4:04 pm

Attachments
7.png
7.png (2.09 MiB) Viewed 56495 times
6.png
6.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 56495 times

Nikel

Thu May 30, 2019 5:49 pm

They look very nice Sir, thanks :)

May you comment them briefly?

You are adding many commanders.

Also FY AI, do you have to change it for working in your mod?

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Fri May 31, 2019 12:43 pm

Nikel wrote:They look very nice Sir, thanks :)

May you comment them briefly?

You are adding many commanders.

Also FY AI, do you have to change it for working in your mod?

Excuse me, what kind of comment would you like to see?)

I think that Every faction need more than one-two commanders to be strong opponent. Besides, their armies have more Rgts now. Somebody has to command them.

I made some little changes in FY AI.. Will see. It's necessary to test.

Nikel

Fri May 31, 2019 5:40 pm

Zenvaro wrote:
Nikel wrote:
Excuse me, what kind of comment would you like to see?)

Just what we are seeing that is new in your mod.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:00 am

Nikel wrote:

Just what we are seeing that is new in your mod.

You can see 7 new factions on these pics. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia, Japan. Also you can see their new armies and commanders.

Nikel

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks, forgot that downloading you get a better resolution pic.

Regarding Ataman Gamov, that portrait is not martial, unfortunately not a many pics of him of decent quality.

Found this:

https://naslednik-dv.livejournal.com/82444.html

121928_800.jpg
121928_800.jpg (175.67 KiB) Viewed 56394 times

Unit_WH3_Gamov.png
Unit_WH3_Gamov.png (13.31 KiB) Viewed 56394 times
Army_WH3_Gamov.png
Army_WH3_Gamov.png (5.7 KiB) Viewed 56380 times
Last edited by Nikel on Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Nikel wrote:Thanks, forgot that downloading you get a better resolution pic.

Regarding Ataman Gamov, that portrait is not martial, unfortunately not a many pics of him of decent quality.

Found this:

https://naslednik-dv.livejournal.com/82444.html

121928_800.jpg

Unit_WH3_Gamov.png

OH, you are right, this portret is much better! Unfortunately there are only a few, or one photo of some commanders. We have few options to choose from. It would be great to get not only Unit png, but Army png too.

Nikel

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:37 pm

Done, just wanted to be sure it was good enough for you ;)

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:43 pm

Nikel wrote:Done, just wanted to be sure it was good enough for you ;)

I am very grateful for your attentiveness and participation) added new Gamovs portret. Also added new portret for Bisherakhov. It had the same problem like my Gamov.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:13 pm

A little surprise
Attachments
imageproxy.php(2).png
imageproxy.php(2).png (452.36 KiB) Viewed 56352 times
imageproxy.php.png
imageproxy.php.png (451.42 KiB) Viewed 56352 times

Nikel

Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Eriss will be happy :)

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Some pics.

White Turkestan Army, Grigoriev Uprising and Cursors for Anarchists, Ukrainians.
Attachments
4.png
4.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 56214 times
3.png
3.png (1.88 MiB) Viewed 56214 times
2.png
2.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 56214 times
1.png
1.png (2.67 KiB) Viewed 56214 times

Nikel

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:56 pm

There are better portraits of Savitsky available right now:

Grigoriev is... :pleure:

Grigoriev uprising including a HQ seems strange to me. Is more s feature of a regular army, is it not?

Nice touch with the cursors.

Zenvaro
Lieutenant

Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:41 am

Nikel wrote:There are better portraits of Savitsky available right now

Thank you for this photo) I'll make a new portret)

Nikel wrote:Grigoriev is... :pleure:

Grigoriev uprising including a HQ seems strange to me. Is more s feature of a regular army, is it not?

Nothing strange) I understand, that Grigoriev is Green and rather looks like a gangster. But he was in Czar's Army. And he had Revolutionary Military Council. (Makhno and Antonov had it too). Big uprisings with good big commanders had this Council. By the way, Grigoriev could normally command his troops. And we don't need penalty here. One more reason for this HQ is to get rid of the penalty.
I thought to make HQs for realy big and important Uprisings, where there was HQ in the reality. And to add an opportunity to create HQs for Reds and Whites. It's a little bit strange, that commanders become the Training Officers, when they starting to command the Front. For this we can use HQs and it will be logical.

Return to “RUS Mods”