jpanside
Civilian

Would it be too difficult to directly implement FOG2 battle system into Empires? No exporting needed.

Sat May 11, 2019 12:05 am

I find it incredibly odd that I have to run two games at a time to play a mode in which the primary game is named after. Why can't fog 2 battles be directly designed into Empires? So each time I fight I have to export the save and wait for it load and then switch back to empires? That just doesn't sound like efficient design. Fog 2 is probably the best game slitherine and ageod have produced, why not just make that battle mode the main thing? The dice rolling ageod system should have been the secondary/quick battle option.

Please tell me it's gonna be okay. I'd love to hear dissenting opinions on this.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Re: Would it be too difficult to directly implement FOG2 battle system into Empires? No exporting needed.

Sat May 11, 2019 10:18 am

In part I guess because the designer of FoG2 is entitled to be paid for his work on that game? Remember you only need the base FoG2 to export any Empires battle.

Also its automatic (both ways), tell Empires to export, FoG2 opens, close FoG2, resume turn processing in Empires, it really is as easy as that

choppinlt
Conscript

Re: Would it be too difficult to directly implement FOG2 battle system into Empires? No exporting needed.

Sat May 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi @jpanside
I've noticed on this forum and the Slitherine forum that there is concern about the porting in to FOG2. From what I have seen from the video play-throughs and what @loki100 indicated (he's a beta tester), battle porting appears to be a very simple process.

As loki100 suggests there are 2 independent developers (Byzantine for FOG2 and AGEOD for FOG Empires). They have the same publisher (Slitherine), but they are 2 independent developers and games. I think it is really cool that AGEOD was revolutionary enough (and Byzantine was interested and like minded) to build-in this option in the first place.

Is there possibly another concern?

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”