Rod Smart
Colonel

AI not purchasing replacements

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:16 pm

After winning, I like to back up a couple turns and try a comeback with the other side.

I've noticed that it doesn't seem like the AI is buying replacements for any units. The F2 replacement pop-up is way in the red, and a lot of brigades are missing elements.

I thought perhaps it was because I was playing with automated replacements off, but I just tried it again in a game set to 15% replacements, and again the AI had nothing.

This seems broken. And a cheap way to win- I'll end up in battles facing regiments that are almost wiped out, so its really easy to wipe out regiments and get big NM boosts in battles that should be closer.

Durk

Re: AI not purchasing replacements

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:01 am

Try changing the AI quality and you should see it take care of replacement better.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:13 pm

Set to Colonel, and the South still seems more concerned with building timberclads to guard east coast rivers than purchasing replacements.

DrPostman

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Rod Smart wrote:Set to Colonel, and the South still seems more concerned with building timberclads to guard east coast rivers than purchasing replacements.

Yea, I don't think there's any fix for that, other than to save the game, load the
CSA side and make purchases for it, then save as the Union and run the turn.

Pocus

Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:46 am

I believe the AI is buying each turn replacement, but at a rate that is not appropriate with its losses, and so you see these replacements always depleted, but something is happening! The AI budget is split in chunks, and one will go to replacement (with highest priority, but not enough obviously) and the rest is used for new units.

Perhaps your game pace was very high and the AI can't cope with the attrition speed. Now historically, most regiments never had replacements and new ones were formed instead.

Bamilus
Private

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:44 pm

DrPostman wrote:
Rod Smart wrote:Set to Colonel, and the South still seems more concerned with building timberclads to guard east coast rivers than purchasing replacements.

Yea, I don't think there's any fix for that, other than to save the game, load the
CSA side and make purchases for it, then save as the Union and run the turn.

If I load the AI, make changes, and then save and go back to my side and run turn will it process the AI turn with all AI moves including my production changes or will it just process turn with only my production changes and no other moves? I.e. will the AI just sit there and not move or will it actually compute it's moves with my production changes? or do I have to disable AI setting, make changes, renable AI setting, save game, leave game, switch to other side, process turn?

DrPostman

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:58 am

I hope someone else can answer that for you.

Bamilus
Private

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Yea, I found a post from another game forum that talks about a setting that turns off or turns on AI depending if there's an ORD file, but I don't think that solves my problem, since theoretically me switching to them and making one change would generate an ORD file. My issue isn't AI not working with or without an ORD file, but AI working after an ORD file has been generated.

viewtopic.php?t=28568 This is thread

Return to “Civil War II”