Offworlder
General

A few quick questions as the Bourbons...

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm

Really enjoying the game but I got 2 questions regarding the Bourbons. They are formidable and even the semi decent generals and admirals can become decent generals with victories... So -

1) how does one activate the Brabant option?

and

2) how does one invade Gibraltar? I can't march my army there nor can I land one from the sea. So how about getting there?

Thanks in advance!

Offworlder
General

Re: A few quick questions as the Bourbons...

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Anyone?

BTW how does one trigger Rastatt because I managed to conquer Vienna in 1710 but nothing happened....

Offworlder
General

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:37 pm

Ok managed to trigger the Treaty of Rastatt but the game just kept going on an usual. Is this WAD?

Francescopgg
Corporal

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:38 pm

For now, it's not possible to activate the Line of Brabant, it's a know bug, same as for the Treaty of Rastatt; I don't know if it's a problem just for some players of it's a bug for everyone

For Gibraltar: you can go there just with infantry, not cavalry nor supply trains (now I don't remember if artillery could go)

Nikel

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:13 pm

Just a suggestion.

If you have saves files with the bugs perhaps somebody will fix them? :siffle:

Offworlder
General

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 am

Thank you for your replies. BTW, do the colonial areas and central Italy ever become accessible during the game?

Francescopgg
Corporal

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:36 pm

at present, neither the colonial areas nor central Italy become accessible ever.
Nikel, I don't you if you were speaking to me or Offworlder, but I had posted save files with bugs (line of Brabant never firing, duplicate Duchy of Savoy army, more concessions to Prussia never firing).
I'm patiently waiting but I have no hurry, I've just discovered BoA2! :coeurs: :D

Nikel

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:53 pm

Yes, I remeber this thread. But Bedmar was not alone, was he?

viewtopic.php?f=408&t=52368&p=397928#p397928

Anyway with PhilThib and Altaris gone, the game is unsupported.

Only Bohemond can fix broken items in Ageod games files. If he wills to do it as a volunteer.

Offworlder
General

Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:14 pm

Francescopgg wrote:at present, neither the colonial areas nor central Italy become accessible ever.
Nikel, I don't you if you were speaking to me or Offworlder, but I had posted save files with bugs (line of Brabant never firing, duplicate Duchy of Savoy army, more concessions to Prussia never firing).
I'm patiently waiting but I have no hurry, I've just discovered BoA2! :coeurs: :D

That's a real pity! Admittedly central Italy remained untouched by the war, but the colonial areas were involved in the war as far as I know, although not on a massive scale. The numerous marine regiments available to the Bourbons would be quite useful then - now I only tend to use them to invade Ireland and the UK....

BTW BoA2 is a gem....enjoy! :)

DVX
Conscript

Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:42 pm

I completely agree. It's a real shame that the colonial areas are inaccessible and untouched by either events or decisions. Although they didn't play as large a role as they would in the Seven Years War, there was still the capture of Port Royal in Acadia, the failed campaign against Québec, Iberville's capture of Nevis, Dugay-Trouin's raid against Rio de Janiero, and lots of privateering battles and raids along the frontiers.

If the developers or a dedicated fan with some coding savoir-faire would remedy this with a patch or mod I would be eternally grateful!

Francescopgg
Corporal

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:12 am

Nikel wrote:Yes, I remeber this thread. But Bedmar was not alone, was he?

viewtopic.php?f=408&t=52368&p=397928#p397928

Anyway with PhilThib and Altaris gone, the game is unsupported.

Only Bohemond can fix broken items in Ageod games files. If he wills to do it as a volunteer.

Well, this i strange, because I'm sure he was alone, because I was playing both team; moreover, for PhilThib Bedmar wasn't even in Louvain, for you he was there but with some dutch units, so i don't know what was happening.

Probably the best way to overcome the bug was the PhilThib advice, to set Bedmar to be in the Low Countries, not in Louvain.

It's too bad that the game is now unsupported, IMHO it could be one of the best with just little work

Offworlder
General

Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:56 pm

Is there a way to make the AI to a) buy more replacements and b) stop the single (or 2 or 3) regiment stacks running all over the map? I'm asking because I took a peak at the Grand Alliance side and their armies were grossly depleted despite being awash with money and recruits while these little stacks are constantly roaming around sieging places yet at the same time being blasted to kingdom come with the arrival of even a modest force under an incompetent general, giving free experience and promotions to such generals....

bkosar19
Sergeant

Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Offworlder wrote:Is there a way to make the AI to a) buy more replacements and b) stop the single (or 2 or 3) regiment stacks running all over the map? I'm asking because I took a peak at the Grand Alliance side and their armies were grossly depleted despite being awash with money and recruits while these little stacks are constantly roaming around sieging places yet at the same time being blasted to kingdom come with the arrival of even a modest force under an incompetent general, giving free experience and promotions to such generals....

Unfortunately, the AI will really start to struggle the bigger and longer the scenario. It has no ability to plan ahead or prioritize its strategic options. The end result- a few massive armies wandering about taking attrition hits and numerous penny-packet nuisance armies all over the map.

Also, I suggest you take a look at the AI's garrisons to see where its spending its money. It's probably wasting it on cheap but useless garrison forces. The last game I played was as the Swedes in the GNW. It was a lot of fun for the first few years of gametime, but eventually the AI's large field armies all but disappeared. After I quit I took a peek at the garrison of Moscow- the AI had recruited 29 garrison units. A massive waste of resources!

Initially, the game didn't allow the recruitment of additional garrison forces, but people complained and Ageod in kneejerk fashion enabled their recruitment in a patch. Unfortunately, they didn't patch any changes to the AI's recruitment logic to deal with their inclusion.

Sadly, WSS is probably never going to be patched again. It's a great game, but could still use some serious polishing.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

This is very sad. The game has so many great ideas and attributes. All that really is needed to fix it would be to convert it into a two side game, the French and the allies. A few years ago, it looked like this was going to be done, but it never was, and most of the efforts of the Ageod team was put into developing a new game system.

bkosar19
Sergeant

Sun May 19, 2019 7:31 pm

vaalen wrote:This is very sad. The game has so many great ideas and attributes. All that really is needed to fix it would be to convert it into a two side game, the French and the allies. A few years ago, it looked like this was going to be done, but it never was, and most of the efforts of the Ageod team was put into developing a new game system.

Are you posting in the right forum? It sounds like you're addressing the underlying problem of Wars of Napoleon- Ageod's departure from its classic one side vs. one side gameplay which IMO absolutely killed that game.

That is not an issue with WSS which does feature the one side vs. one side gameplay for both its Spanish Succession (France vs. Allies) and Great Northern War (Sweden vs. Allies) scenarios.

The problems with WSS mostly lie with its lack of polish and balancing. Stuff that could have been addressed with some additional patching, but it appears that's never going to happen. A shame.

Return to “Wars of Succession”