pantsukki
Brigadier General

[TEAW] Entente player wanted

Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:57 pm

I'd prefer the full campaign but I'm ok with the historical start as well. Ideally you would be pretty experienced and I'd like a pace of at least 2-3 turns per week. Newest beta patch.

House rules and options to be discussed. Please sign up here or drop me a PM!

Nikel

Re: [TEAW] Entente player wanted

Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:22 pm

Any possibility for you to do an AAR?

Assuming you will play as the CPs :innocent:

Jinx
Captain

Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:54 am

Nikel wrote:Any possibility for you to do an AAR?

Assuming you will play as the CPs :innocent:

Hey Nikel, you like writing AAR's?
I'm going to be looking for a new game soon with players interested in AAR's. If you are interested we should have a go.
Check out my current game here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/teaw-the-war-of-nations-central-powers-aar.1136669/page-17#post-25091899

Jinx
Captain

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:26 am

Otherwise yes, I'm interested in playing as the Entente, EE preferably.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 am

So Nikel, would you be willing to join forces with Jinx if we were to commit to an AAR?

Jinx
Captain

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:41 pm

pantsukki wrote:So Nikel, would you be willing to join forces with Jinx if we were to commit to an AAR?

I'm happy with that, I always like a good AAR game, I feel people put in a bit more effort when their potential victories and defeats are publicized.

Are you interested in writing an AAR on the Paradox forums? There is a bigger following plus better forum for posting.

In my last game we divided up the factions a bit further, with a player each for France, Britian, Germany, Habsburgs, Ottomans, etc.
We even had some fairly new players learning to play as Romania and Bulgaria.
It was a good game. Currently on hold due to a players laptop breaking.

Nikel

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:45 pm

Jinx wrote:Hey Nikel, you like writing AAR's?
I'm going to be looking for a new game soon with players interested in AAR's. If you are interested we should have a go.
Check out my current game here https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/teaw-the-war-of-nations-central-powers-aar.1136669/page-17#post-25091899

Not writing them, following them.

But I am not a member of that forum, so cannot read it, sorry.
Last edited by Nikel on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nikel

Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:47 pm

pantsukki wrote:So Nikel, would you be willing to join forces with Jinx if we were to commit to an AAR?

I should have kept my mouth closed :mdr:

What I requested was that you create an AAR of the Central Powers, that is the side that is interesting to me.

Hope you find the third player.

Jinx
Captain

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:48 am

Nikel wrote:
Jinx wrote:Hey Nikel, you like writing AAR's?

Not writing them, following them.

But I am not a member of that forum, so cannot read it, sorry.

Paradox Forums probably has an equal amount of TEAW AAR's as Ageods Forums. A lot of the lads moved over there due to there being a bigger audience for their AAR's.
If you want some zesty AAR's with multi-player per faction that's the place for them.
There are currently two large games going on as AARs there worth reading.

Nikel

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:59 am

Jinx wrote:Paradox Forums probably has an equal amount of TEAW AAR's as Ageods Forums. A lot of the lads moved over there due to there being a bigger audience for their AAR's.
If you want some zesty AAR's with multi-player per faction that's the place for them.

OK, thanks.

There was a time when Ageod was a part of Paradox, then there were AARs of RoP, RUS,... that I remember, it was not needed to be a member in those times to read Paradox forum.

But I'd say when TEAW was released Ageod was already part of Slitherine/Matrix, so seems strange to me that Paradox allows AARs of games not sold by them.

Jinx
Captain

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Nikel wrote:
Jinx wrote:Paradox Forums probably has an equal amount of TEAW AAR's as Ageods Forums. A lot of the lads moved over there due to there being a bigger audience for their AAR's.

OK, thanks.

There was a time when Ageod was a part of Paradox, then there were AARs of RoP, RUS,... that I remember, it was not needed to be a member in those times to read Paradox forum.

But I'd say when TEAW was released Ageod was already part of Slitherine/Matrix, so seems strange to me that Paradox allows AARs of games not sold by them.

I think for the majority of the boards on Paradox, you don't need to be a member to read them. Its just this specific Off Topic Board that needs it, which isn't great.

I actually didn't know Ageod was part of Paradox, thats pretty interesting. Too bad they hadn't stayed, they would likely have had a bigger budget to work with mayhaps.

Nikel

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:42 pm

Jinx wrote:I think for the majority of the boards on Paradox, you don't need to be a member to read them. Its just this specific Off Topic Board that needs it, which isn't great.

I actually didn't know Ageod was part of Paradox, thats pretty interesting. Too bad they hadn't stayed, they would likely have had a bigger budget to work with mayhaps.

No idea why. But I am pretty sure that in the past I could read RUS and RoP AARs in Paradox forum without being a member.

I do not know the internal details, but in short this is the story:

Ageod started as an independent company (BOA, AACW, NCP).

Then things went wrong, WW1, mainly PON?, and Paradox started to supervise Ageod, well probably the Studio was just bought.

There was a brief period of time when Pocus and PhilThib worked with the Paradox engine, and they were going to release a Napoleonic game (March of the Eagles).

But something happened, perhaps just that they did not want to use another engine, and Slitherine/Matrix finally controlled Ageod.

The irony is that now the new Slitherine engine is pretty similar to Paradox', or so seems to me, graphically at least, the same "giants" or "3D monsters" as I called them in its day. :siffle:

Sorry pantsukki, this is completely off-topic :hat:

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:49 pm

I do have a Paradox account, but I'd prefer to control the CP completely.

So, it seems that I'm still looking for an opponent. :sherlock:

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:57 pm

Jinx, in addition to that multiple player game would you be willing to play a 1 vs. 1 ?

W8taminute
Conscript

Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:37 pm

Are you still looking for an Entente player? I prefer to play both the WE and the EE which would make this a 1 v 1 game assuming the CP is also controlled by one player.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:54 am

I am indeed! And yes, I'd prefer to control the CP completely. I'll PM you a suggestion regarding house rules and game settings on Saturday when I'll be able to run TEAW and check all the options. Feel free to PM me yours beforehand if you'd like.

W8taminute
Conscript

Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:07 pm

Excellent!

Off the top of my head I do know that I like to manually manage replacements on the F2 screen. I also like the option that handles attrition when armies are on the move.

I'll check the other settings when I get home tonight.

pantsukki
Brigadier General

Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Opponent found!

Return to “PBEM and multiplayer matchups (all games)”