Jinx
Captain

Region Production & Structures

Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:06 pm

In the Ledger/Strategic Atlas, on the "Region" page, where it lists all the regions;
Are the production values (State Funds Production, War Supply Production, Conscription Production) listed for a region combined with the on-map structures (e.i. Steel Mills, Wheat Fields etc.) production value?

For example; London is listed in the ledger as 50 State Funds. Is that production value of 50 including the output from the Bank of England (output of 20)?

Any knowledge would be much appreciated.

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Region Production & Structures

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:38 am

You'd have to reckon that the additional structures provide additional benefits - otherwise their inclusion would be for colour only and that would seem to buck the trend for AGEOD designs. But the number of views without response is a fair indicator that nobody really knows.

Jinx
Captain

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:43 am

epaminondas wrote:You'd have to reckon that the additional structures provide additional benefits - otherwise their inclusion would be for colour only and that would seem to buck the trend for AGEOD designs. But the number of views without response is a fair indicator that nobody really knows.

Hmm, well I don't know if their inclusion would be for colour only.

I've done a spreadsheet for 1914 start, looking at all the regional values as well as structures production. Nowhere does the value of the structure exceed the ledger entry for the region (barring one region, which may be accidental data entry).

I am leaning towards thinking that the ledger value excludes the output from structures.

I think the fact that ammo production is not listed in the ledger; and that ammo production is solely from structures, may hint that structures are excluded and not accounted for in the ledger.

Ammo in a region is listed in the ledger, but not ammo production.

Its a tenuous argument, but the only hint I have.

epaminondas
Colonel

Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:13 am

Agree entirely - one of the things I like most about AGEOD games is their reluctance to "dress up" just for the sake of it. It's also why I'm so frustrated with this particular game's inclusion of all manner of elements that are nowhere explained - but by now that's an old story.

Nikel

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:08 am

Just in case is useful, in the folder "\To End All Wars\EAW\GameData\Structures"

every structure in the game has a file with details of production.

I guess you know, it is here where is said a Central Bank has

"Out_Money = 20"

Jinx
Captain

Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:30 am

Nikel wrote:Just in case is useful, in the folder "\To End All Wars\EAW\GameData\Structures"

every structure in the game has a file with details of production.

I guess you know, it is here where is said a Central Bank has

"Out_Money = 20"

Mmm yep I've got all the data already in my spreadsheet, but it doesn't clue me in on the whole "if the structure output is included in ledger values" question. Thanks though.

If output is excluded: its interesting to see exactly how much more a nation produces. America becomes that much more intimidating.

Nikel

Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:59 pm

May you upload the spreadsheet?

It may be useful for some players.

Jinx
Captain

Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:24 pm

Nikel wrote:May you upload the spreadsheet?

It may be useful for some players.

Later perhaps when I root out all the bugs and run tests with structures

Return to “To End All Wars”