hpalmer
Conscript

Can Bulgaria and Romania form Armies?

Tue May 22, 2018 2:10 pm

Does anyone know if I can create Bulgarian and Romanian Armies? I have a couple level 3 leaders from each, but after bringing them close to my Austrian GHQ they didn't have the ability to form an army and they don't seem to get their own GHQ. I would like to be able to have a 50ish command point army from each rather than lots of independent corps.

epaminondas
Colonel

Re: Can Bulgaria and Romania form Armies?

Tue May 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Afraid not, hp. No provision is made for minor powers to create GHQs and as a consequence none can form armies of their own.

hpalmer
Conscript

Fri May 25, 2018 11:46 pm

Thanks! Disappointing but I can see why that is the case. Would be nice to be able to organize under a German GCQ. I guess I can just organize with multinational enabled german army commanders still. Probably more historical that way anyways.

Other question, I feel like I have seen my landwehr units occassionally upgrade. Can you enlighten me as to how these units get upgraded or am I just imagining that I have seen this?

Thanks!

epaminondas
Colonel

Tue May 29, 2018 9:40 pm

I don't believe they're upgradeable - but perhaps I've just been inattentive.

evanofsaxony
Conscript

Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:52 am

Forgive my ignorance, but then would this mean minor nations can only form divisions / corps?

epaminondas
Colonel

Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:35 am

That's what it means alright, evan, and given the number of units fielded by the minors, corps are an unlikely option. As to ignorance - join the club. Straight Arrow's made a masterful job of dispelling most of it so I'd recommend browsing his threads as you begin to get serious about things.

evanofsaxony
Conscript

Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:10 pm

epaminondas wrote:That's what it means alright, evan, and given the number of units fielded by the minors, corps are an unlikely option. As to ignorance - join the club. Straight Arrow's made a masterful job of dispelling most of it so I'd recommend browsing his threads as you begin to get serious about things.

Cheers mate, thanks for the clarification.

hpalmer
Conscript

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:27 am

thanks guys. The more I dig into these games the more I am tormented by the little details that there is little formal information about... right now I'm wrestling with the pillager attribute versus the pillage card in Civil War 2... do they do the same thing? Do my units that have pillager trait automatically "play" the pillage card in a sense and make me money, or do they only cause the pillage effect on a region. sigh.

Durk

Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:38 am

You know hpalmer, this is one of the bonuses features of playing AGEOD games. The manuals get you into the games, but the details can be more complex than any manual can handle.
Pillager is a mixed attribute, can enhance play or can ruin a nice region.

epaminondas
Colonel

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:11 am

Durk wrote: ... this is one of the bonuses features of playing AGEOD games. The manuals get you into the games, but the details can be more complex than any manual can handle.

As far as AGEOD games are concerned I reckon that's through a glass lightly - but as far as this board is concerned I reckon your positive attitude is a definite bonus Durko.

As far as the pillager trait is concerned it appears to be entirely negative. With the rulebook explanation eminently insufficient and with no way I've discovered to reliably infer the entire effect of the trait through gameplay, I've opted for a literal interpretation which dictates a wholly destructive influence with no compensating payoff and the accompanying assumption that it also overrides the forager trait of any subordinate elements.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Durk

Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:11 am

Nope - totally agree. I put pillagers in places where they are not in charge. I do use leaders with the pillager trait if I am only raiding enemy regions and they do tend to sack whatever they find.

ankyzop
Civilian

Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:49 pm

The more I dig into these games the more I am tormented by the little details that there is little formal information about..

Return to “To End All Wars”