Durk

A useful House Agreement

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:15 am

I usually play the game as is, but occasionally I use a House Rule for game balance. For instance, in To End All Wars I believe Russia should be required to attack East Prussia to evoke the Hindenburg response.

In ECW players may wish to consider limiting Parliament taking Oxford in the first year of the war. As Oxford is essential to the king's cause with regard to war supply and as the parliamentary player can take Oxford and hold it with little extra effort if this faction makes and early move; the game is a lot more fun and much more balanced to require the Parliament faction to restrain with regard to Oxford.

Incidentally, this is a really nice balanced and fun game.

Taillebois
General of the Army

Re: A useful House Agreement

Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:38 am

Yes, I like it because so many of the places are local - rather like CW2 must be for US residents.

I too make house rules for games where there are odd things. One of my favourite games is still the original Combat Mission - but the AI troops have a tendency to do human wave suicide missions to get an objective - so I just make an adjustment mentally as to whether I had really won or not.

Stauffenberg
General

Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:11 pm

There is a Royalist Commission that can be played for Oxford on Turn 1 but it seems to have 0% chance of happening ( I replayed it 15 times). A simple tweak could make this high probability or a certainty. Royalist loyalty is 24%, Parliamentarian 26%, Neutral 51%. One wonders how accurate this is; in any case another thing the Devs could do is allow a Royalist Gain Support card to be played in Oxford on Turn 1.

Durk

Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:54 am

Interesting simple tweak. I think I can do this. I will have a bit of time before I can address it, but this should work.

Return to “English Civil War”