Leibst

ECW 1.03 Public Beta

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi Everyone,
Here is the last update for English Civil War.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArRpOZ0cOAg0gRC1e1vVmoe70Fkk
Its just a Beta Release prior to the Official one. In fact its almost the previous patch with just minor fixes.
Some regions have changed names following some expert help.

The intention is to give it a small test and release later as official.

Regarding other issues detected we are working on them and also Im aware of the WS debate and other regarding terrain.
All this stuff will be treated in a future patch, not in this last.
We will continue working on ECW and as well on TYW during this Autumm.

Thanks to all for your support its really appreciated!

jack54
Brigadier General

Re: ECW 1.03 Public Beta

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 am

Thanks Leibst... :)

Can we continue a game or better to restart?

Leibst

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:37 am

You can continue. But for safety I always keep a copy or the saved games.

Leibst

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:25 am

ferrenava

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks Leibs !!!

jack54
Brigadier General

Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi Leibst,

1.03 PB Patch is running real nice so far I am enjoying it. Nice small log file too! ;)

Small bug report to add to the future patch... it looks like the element names/images for Musketeers and Pikemen seem to be switched...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpda2w9rii4a0 ... 1.jpg?dl=0

This also displays the same in the element pop-up panel on the right side.

jack54
Brigadier General

Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Follow up on the graphic element issue shown above, as of Jan 43 playing Royalist, it seems to effect Slingby' Foot locked in York.

Newcastles Army... Hopton's Army in Truro... Lindsay's Force.

This is cosmetic and has no effect on gameplay.

Leibst

Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:01 pm

jack54 wrote:Hi Leibst,

1.03 PB Patch is running real nice so far I am enjoying it. Nice small log file too! ;)

Small bug report to add to the future patch... it looks like the element names/images for Musketeers and Pikemen seem to be switched...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mpda2w9rii4a0 ... 1.jpg?dl=0

This also displays the same in the element pop-up panel on the right side.

Thanks,
Fixed, for next patch.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Leibst wrote:Hi Everyone,

Regarding other issues detected we are working on them and also Im aware of the WS debate and other regarding terrain.
All this stuff will be treated in a future patch, not in this last.
We will continue working on ECW and as well on TYW during this Autumm.

Thanks to all for your support its really appreciated!

When you are talking about graphics issues, are you saying that there is actual hope that we may get a colorful, terrains based map in the classic style of Ageod games, such as the one we have in Thirty Years War?

This is a very important issue to me, as I find that I do not play what is an excellent game because I find the current map dull, drab, and difficult to find units on. Others have different opinions, but I never heard anyone complain about the colorful Ageod maps of the past. Fixing this issue, or giving us the colorful map as an option, would revive my interest in the game.

Regards,

Vaalen

Philippe
AGEod Veteran

Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:16 pm

You are not in the majority.

The colorful maps in the other games are unfortunate and the one for ECW is quite tasteful.

The antique map style always looks better than modern glitz, and the flashy modern look really isn't appropriate in the older periods.

What you are talking about is a mod, not an update to the game.

Just pop one of the map files into photoshop and play around with the brightness and saturation sliders until you get the effect you want. Then repeat whatever you ended up doing for the other map files. Make sure you write down your slider combination because you'll want everything to look the same.

Leibst

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:11 pm

There some issues regarding terrain that should not be mountains for example.
Other regarding names in some region or river.

These are to be fixed but I'm more concerned about playability.

My short experience is that is not possible to design a map to have everyone happy, and this applies even to small groups of people. At the end a decision is taken (agreed) and a new map is born.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:31 am

Philippe wrote:You are not in the majority.

The colorful maps in the other games are unfortunate and the one for ECW is quite tasteful.

The antique map style always looks better than modern glitz, and the flashy modern look really isn't appropriate in the older periods.

What you are talking about is a mod, not an update to the game.

Just pop one of the map files into photoshop and play around with the brightness and saturation sliders until you get the effect you want. Then repeat whatever you ended up doing for the other map files. Make sure you write down your slider combination because you'll want everything to look the same.

What I consider beautiful and evocative of the actual terrain, you consider unfortunate, and flashy modern glitz.

What you consider quite tasteful, I consider dull and lifeless, evocative of a map of the terrain, rather than the terrain.

Both of our conflicting views are valid, as we behold things differently. But they cannot be reconciled.

The look I prefer has been used in every AGEOD game going all the back to BOA, and has become part of AGEOD's brand.

But that was not the point of my post.

Philippe Thibaut raised the possibility of a mod, if someone could do it, that would have the traditional Ageod look. Some mods have been added into a patch, on many games. I did this post not to repeat the argument, which we have already had, but on the hope that such a mod would be included in the patch. Liebst made it clear that it would not, and answered my question.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:41 am

Leibst wrote:There some issues regarding terrain that should not be mountains for example.
Other regarding names in some region or river.

These are to be fixed but I'm more concerned about playability.

My short experience is that is not possible to design a map to have everyone happy, and this applies even to small groups of people. At the end a decision is taken (agreed) and a new map is born.

Thank you for the information, What I find hard to understand is that every other AGEOD game, had the kind of map I love and grew to expect, including your excellent games on the Spanish Civil War and the Thirty Years War. Why would this be the only AGEOD game to have this totally different look?

Leibst

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:54 pm

Not so different of Birth of America.
As I said it was debated with Ageod team and Slitherine and myself. And the version that finally is released is never in my experience the first version, use to be several changes during the design.

Leibst

Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:56 pm

vaalen wrote:
Philippe wrote:You are not in the majority.

Philippe Thibaut raised the possibility of a mod, if someone could do it, that would have the traditional Ageod look. Some mods have been added into a patch, on many games. I did this post not to repeat the argument, which we have already had, but on the hope that such a mod would be included in the patch. Liebst made it clear that it would not, and answered my question.

If someone does it is quite easy to make it available for a mod, no problem.

jack54
Brigadier General

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:58 am

Not sure if this has been reported... tooltip text for F2 screen Irish faction reads FAC_NAME_IRI (IRI)

jack54
Brigadier General

Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:09 pm

Hi Leibst

Playing Royalist.
Scripted events.. 1644 Early Aug

Event message display (evt_desc_ROY_Gordon). (it works OK Gordon arrives... only message display seems incorrect).

Playing Royalist I get message 'Sydenham Poyntz is awaiting orders'. No location is attached to this event. I think he arrived for Parliament.

Thanks :) loving this game! I got lots of Irish guys now :leprechau :leprechau :leprechau :leprechau :leprechau. They will help a lot.

Leibst

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 am

jack54 wrote:Not sure if this has been reported... tooltip text for F2 screen Irish faction reads FAC_NAME_IRI (IRI)

Fixed for next patch

Leibst

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:19 am

jack54 wrote:Hi Leibst

Playing Royalist.
Scripted events.. 1644 Early Aug

Event message display (evt_desc_ROY_Gordon). (it works OK Gordon arrives... only message display seems incorrect).

Playing Royalist I get message 'Sydenham Poyntz is awaiting orders'. No location is attached to this event. I think he arrived for Parliament.

Thanks :) loving this game! I got lots of Irish guys now :leprechau :leprechau :leprechau :leprechau :leprechau. They will help a lot.

Fixed!

thanks for your help!!

Taillebois
General of the Army

Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:50 pm

Sydnam or Sydenham?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydnam_Poyntz

There is a place in south London called Sydenham.

There is a pub called the Poyntz Arms in West Molesey - a couple of miles from Hampton Court.

zakblood
Colonel

Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:01 pm

Return to “English Civil War”