LiarFox

Pride of Nations has been updated to Version 1.04.5!

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Hi all,
Pride of Nations has been updated to version 1.04.5!

You can download the update from here or from the Members Area

Check the entire changelog below

Pride of Nations 1.04.5 Changelog

Extra fixes on events chains:
- US Civil war. Is now a normal occuring event from early 1861. Has a 10% per turn, so retains some variability.
- Indian Mutiny. Fixed some conditions on province ownerships and is now working as expected. India will be fully British if the mutiny is crushed.
- Crimean War: simplified and fixed the potential AI/human controlled variables and diplomacy opening moves. We now have a very likely Russo-Turkish war, if France &/or GB are human they get a CB, if AI they get bounced into a war. Italian, Austrian and peace parts are all as before.

- 1880 campaign had spheres of influence restored
- fixed several missing strings
- you need Imperialism 4 to DOW
- That, for a given resource, all countries selling it, are selected at once in the trade interface is deemed normal. The original design was never to buy to a specific country.

- 1850 GC gets many extra fixes, courtesy of Siegfroh
- Added back many missing files (thanks Prussia). Not all as some are not needed. Please report if you believe a file is missing AND necessary.
- A ruler can now only declare war if he has an Imperialism of 7. This will severally limit the AI widespread warsImprovement in how the diplomacy entries are displayed in the diplo panel.

- static/garrisons units get back replacements as normal
- flags fixed on the diplomacy screen
- you can't interact with nations tagged as 'non formed nations', i.e w/o territories
- AI should not DOW such nations either (please report with backup folder if you see a DOW

Random
AGEod Veteran

Re: Pride of Nations has been updated to Version 1.04.5!

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for this!

Question: Did Loki100's Force Pool fix make it into the patch or do we need to manually add it to prevent AI force spamming after weapon upgrades?

-C

pvpp303
Conscript

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:50 pm

Thank you for the patch.

Random wrote:Thanks for this!

Question: Did Loki100's Force Pool fix make it into the patch or do we need to manually add it to prevent AI force spamming after weapon upgrades?

-C

Same question here.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:28 am

I believe so. Pocus did some changes in the .exe (otherwise the problem simply returned with the 1870 tech gains). I can't test at the moment (don't have PoN on my travelling laptop) but a simple test would to start with say Austria. Check the force pools - you should see maybe one or two corps build options (maybe none). Run a turn and see if the pool has expanded.

If it is +5 for each time the old problem is there, if its less then Pocus' change has taken effect. The problem was the notional 1840 rifle tech gave 5 new corps to the force pool and the game allows most of the majors to have this tech on T1. He was going to adjust this in a manner that fitted better to the game design - mine basically just eliminated this early growth and may have been a bit too brutal in its longer term effects

wosung

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:50 pm

Updated to 1.04.5 onto a working older Version using Win10.
Got wild flashing menu screen.
Uninstalled PON
Reinstalled 1.01
When trying to reinstall Update 1.04.5 got screen "1.04.5 already installed. Note that if original installer was created after this update installer, your serial number may not work with this update installer". My serial wasn't accepted.

Version remains 1.01. There's even no 1.04.5 to deinstall. Originally bought game at AGODs. And: I cannot enter my original serial number to register my game at the Ageod or Matrix website.

JWW
Sergeant

Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:31 pm

Obvious question. Will this affect my current game?

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:57 pm

JWW wrote:Obvious question. Will this affect my current game?

No - I've been running it unofficially for the last 4 weeks to test stabilty in existing games and its fine. I had a few odd events repeat but nothing that really affected the game

JWW
Sergeant

Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks. I just ran three months in my AAR game after patching to 1.04.5, and it ran just fine, for the record. And I didn't notice anything odd immediately.

DavoM
Private

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:02 pm

I have also updated my PON and continue to run a campaign without any issues. In fact the latest update created an extra bonus with RUS and TUR currently at war, the Crimean Crises events kicked off properly giving GBR and FRA a causus belli against RUS which they took advantage of. Had never happened in any of my previous games.

Thanks for all the efforts in updating and releasing the new patch! :hat:

JWW
Sergeant

Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:47 pm

I think the game may be more stable or use somewhat fewer resources now. In my AAR game I was having a problem where I had to close the game and restart after a certain number of turns or have a crash to the main menu. Oddly that happened every sixth turn. In peaceful times I am running three months where I just run a turn, check messages, run another turn, etc. Then every three months I stop and make economic adjustments, spend money, do colonial actions, etc., unless there is something I need to take care of immediately. Right now I'm in a peaceful post Civil War period, so that sequence works well for me. But I noticed the game started crashing to main menu every sixth turn. Seriously, every sixth turn, the last turn of a three-month cycle. I assume that is somehow a function of the game requirements compared to the capabilities of my rather marginal gaming computer. I would have to close and restart the game, back up one turn, and then continue playing. I didn't comment on it because I wanted to wait for the official patch. So every two months I would close the game and restart it. Well, today I ran six turns in a row with no crash to main menu. So apparently it is using my computer resources better.........or something. And I just wanted to report that.

lodilefty

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:29 pm

Looks like the Furniture*.png file series for structures is missing......

Called for in Structure UID 136 -- 138

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:39 pm

lodilefty wrote:Looks like the Furniture*.png file series for structures is missing......

Called for in Structure UID 136 -- 138

Welcome back. :dada:

Offworlder
General

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:31 am

Game is very stable with this patch

And in the initial Prussian campaign, it seems that the 'Promise support' function in the diplomacy section is missing... but this may be something strange in my game.

Francois Xavier
Conscript

Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Hi,

I'm getting a number of bugs in the 1880 start as Japan:

-The Japanese Representation building in Seoul is dismantled after the first turn.
-A building in Edo called Bauding baudoi or something like that is disbanded after the first turn, as there is supposedly already a building similar in use.
-The colonial decision for Chinese concession, only has a placeholder name and placeholder txt describing what it is. Once enacted an event for it pops up in the status bar, but just uses a placeholder name. The building for it also has a placeholder name.
-The decision for building an Embassy also is totally bugged. If built it frequently just says cannot build as there is already a similar building in use even when there isnt. AI Countries seem to keep using it on themselves. As Japan, I tried to use it on China but the chinese took it as a production building due to having poor relations with me. Other times, it just fails to build due to having the there is already a similar building in use bug.
-Also, a number of units and Factories have missing images. Some units that you can build do have it initially, but after you build it it is blank.

I will post more if encountered.

Thanks!

Gferreq
Corporal

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:17 pm

I have updated and now I cannot play the campaigns!!!, no problem with the scenarios but when I tryeither of the two campaigns a popup windows says a critical erro has ocurred and the aplication will be terminated.
Something is wrong because now when I select one of the campaigns there are not the flags of the playable nations, as in the scenarios.....
My game version is from gamersgate but I had no problem updating it.

Sorry but I dont know how to upload the log file.

Offworlder
General

Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:40 am

Tried a fresh install from the original box game, but I'm having trouble with the update as I'm getting the message -

'Setup has detected that you already have 104.5 for Pride of Nations on your system click next only if you wish to reinstall 1.045 for Pride of Nations. Please note that if your original installer was created after this update installer, your serial number may not work with this update.'

I had already installed the update on the game but I suspected that I had some corrupt files, so I deleted the game and made a fresh install. However now I can't proceed as the serial number on the box is not accepted by the game. What should I do?

Thanks in advance!

wosung

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:39 am

You're not alone. I posted the same problem earlier in this thread.

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:34 pm

wosung wrote:You're not alone. I posted the same problem earlier in this thread.

would suggest your best solution is to post in the tech support thread - whatever the problem is (& can easily believe its very frustrating) it needs attention based on your specific game set up.

One idea is to remove your set up using CCleaner - this is a nifty bit of software, very good for cleaning out registries but I also find does a far better job at deleting software than the the default microsoft routines. May help by eliminating all traces of your old installation

wosung

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:06 am

Thank you Loki. I'll give it a try.

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Well, it is here any plans to implement limits how many supplies/ammo can be stored at single depot ?
since i did great depot building/upgrading from start of game, to úrevent any supply problems in future for my warmongering game, later in game i have funny situations, like my 200 000 army is siting at lvl 5 depot, which store food for them for 10 years and have ammo for over 1 year of every turn figting (and yeah, it have a lot of arty at that army ).

Pocus

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:21 am

The patch won't solve all the issues of PON/the aged AGE engine, sorry gents. It has been done with spare time (and I know this news can be distressing) and only because Loki helped on events and data.

But I believe it improved several things though... I can't promise anything, but if Loki continue to help (or any other), I can certainly release extra quickfixes. I can't delve too much in the code if the bugs are complex, this can rapidly amount to 10+ hours for a single bug (complex and old code) and we have moved forward to the new project that will be hopefully the rebirth of Ageod gaming community :)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:08 pm

Pocus wrote:The patch won't solve all the issues of PON/the aged AGE engine, sorry gents. It has been done with spare time (and I know this news can be distressing) and only because Loki helped on events and data.

But I believe it improved several things though... I can't promise anything, but if Loki continue to help (or any other), I can certainly release extra quickfixes. I can't delve too much in the code if the bugs are complex, this can rapidly amount to 10+ hours for a single bug (complex and old code) and we have moved forward to the new project that will be hopefully the rebirth of Ageod gaming community :)

Dare we hope that the equivalent of PON 2 will be done on the new system, which sounds like it could handle it?

czert2
Brigadier General

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:14 pm

jup pon 2 sounds like extremly good idea, since well, mayby except wars in china in 1900- 1950, ageod allready covewed practicaly all interesing war years, hmm, ok, ok, ageod is propably missing medival period too, and ageod engine matured at years.
So start puting all ideas for pon 2 under one roof and hope dream come true some day.

Siegfroh
Major

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:27 am

czert2 wrote:jup pon 2 sounds like extremly good idea
If PON 1 still has got some bugs five or so years after its release, what makes you think a PON 2 would be any better ?
Pocus wrote: I can't promise anything, but if Loki continue to help (or any other), I can certainly release extra quickfixes.
This on the other hand re-raises my hopes that I might enjoy one day the pleasure of playing PON without being annoyed by bugs or "silly" AI behaviour.

Of course complaints and hopes don't improve the world. But I haven't got much free time at the moment, and "can't promise anything" or "at this stage PON is pretty much done when it comes to 'improvements' or 'minor, non crashing, bugs" isn't really encouraging to contribute - I did it last year and six years ago, just to end up both times in frustration and disgust.

And generally there is no point in putting efforts in improving the game if those who still play it are happy enough with it as it is.

Still, PON's game concepts are great. :hat:
Last edited by Siegfroh on Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Siegfroh
Major

Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:29 am

sorry, double post

loki100
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Siegfroh wrote:
czert2 wrote:jup pon 2 sounds like extremly good idea
If PON 1 still has got some bugs five or so years after its release, what makes you think a PON 2 would be any better ?
Pocus wrote: I can't promise anything, but if Loki continue to help (or any other), I can certainly release extra quickfixes.
This on the other hand re-raises my hopes that I might enjoy one day the pleasure of playing PON without being annoyed by bugs or "silly" AI behaviour.

Of course complaints and hopes don't improve the world. But I haven't got much free time at the moment, and "can't promise anything" or "at this stage PON is pretty much done when it comes to 'improvements' or 'minor, non crashing, bugs" isn't really encouraging to contribute - I did it last year and six years ago, just to end up both times in frustration and disgust.

And generally there is no point in putting efforts in improving the game if those who still play it are happy enough with it as it is.

Still, PON's game concepts are great. :hat:

To your first comment, the new game engine is a complete break from the current AGEOD code - see Pocus' comments in the WoN forum. Whether creating a new PoN concept is worthwhile is a different question but I don't think you can read across from the current game - for good or bad.

As to your second set of comments. Why keep on about this? You put in a lot of useful data and I believe that has all been picked up into the latest patch. It seems to mortally offend you that PoN has reached the end of its development cycle. Don't know why as this happens to almost every game/system. The best then find a second wind out of the good wil of their community etc.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Siegfroh, if ;you think the PON concepts are great, I do not see why you are opposing the idea of giving them a fresh try with a new system that Pocus has said is much easier to work with, more modern, and much faster. A system that could make it much more likely that the potential of these concepts could be realized.

You have come late to the game, and I do not think you understand the tragedy of how this game was launched, or that it the developers were employed by another company, and had little control over so many aspects of what happened. Rather than go through the long, sad, story, I will merely say that it is close to a miracle that PON is as good as it has become.

This has only happened because of the devotion and honor of the developers, who have spent a huge amount of time working on it for years, their own personal time, and some people in the community, most notably Loki, who has done so much to improve the game and help people who are learning it.

If our hobby had a medal of honor for contributions and help to a gaming community, Loki would deserve it more than anyone I know.

I am very sympathetic to your desire that PON be perfected, yet I realize that the reality is that it will never happen, except to the extent the community can contribute to it.

But the point is that the new system is being strongly supported by the developers current employer, Slitherine, and it is very possible that it could allow the great concepts of PON to be realized fully.

I made that comment to light a small ember of hope for those of us who love the concepts of PON, and want to see them realized.

czert2
Brigadier General

Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:36 am

Yeah, im on same wave as others, why you dont like of geting ideas for PON 2 ? as you writed it by yourself, PON 1 is allready over 6 YO, and that is realy long time in gaming industry, be happy after that long time you got a new patch, even if most of it is done by comunity contribution and rest is just fixing of some broken code. In other companyes pacthes for games are stoped as fast as that game stoped earning set minimum revenue, and that can be from few months (if game was total fail), up to few years if gaame is nice money cow, but 6 years are exremly rare in every case, only very few companies do it, other comany coming to mind is matrix games and thier war in the pacific game, and that all folks. No other companys doing this, if you know, pls write it.
And im not only one which think that PON do have very great potential, but simply it was limited by engine avaivable at that time.
And yes, im not only one fan which will in 95% case will pre-order PON 2 if ageod will anounce it development.

Pocus

Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:11 am

PON2 is not considered at this time, because PON2 is like trying to make a detailed WW2 game right with the first game of your new engine. You would most probably fail.

The first game won't have gunpowder. And that's an information. Now I don't read the future and probably all subjects can be considered for games to follow the first.

czert2
Brigadier General

Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:45 am

of course pocus, lest start with smaller games in scope for new engine,so it is properly tested before moving to big things, and i think many pon fans dont care if pon 2 will be 3rd or 7th game of new engine, but they all hope it will come.

Return to “Pride of Nations”