Zardoz
Corporal

How do I supply ships from an adjacent province?

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:33 am

According to the manual, naval forces can be supplied from a friendly province even though there is no port there. But it doesn't seem to be working for me. I've made up a collage of screenshots from the game:

My fleet commanded by Publius Cethegus is standing off Luceria, which has supply, but the fleet does not seem to be getting resupplied. What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Tony

Franciscus

Re: How do I supply ships from an adjacent province?

Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi

I am afraid the manual is wrong...

AJE uses the "simple supply" rules of the AGE engine, meaning that supply is available only where generated.

Naval units can only get replenishments from ports; another way to replenish a fleet at sea is to use transport squadrons to go back and forth between ports (to replenish supplies) and the main fleet.

Regards

Zardoz
Corporal

Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:26 am

Thanks Franciscus. A simple explanation is always good :)

The manual is a bit vague about using transport ships to move supplies (9.2.2 of my manual...)
First, it suggests that supplies can be moved to land forces in adjacent provinces which I imagine is not right either?

Do I have to load impedimenta on the ships to move extra supplies to a fleet? Other than supply wagons, units just seem to carry non-transferrable supply.

thanks

Tony

arsan

Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:50 am

Transport ships work like suply wagons: they carry a lot of supply and share It with combat ships.
So just send depleted transports back to port to replenish and send fully supplied transports to the fleet and they will keep the rest supplied.

To supply land forces you will have to ferry wagons to them. I have never seen transports sharing supplies with adjacent land forces. I think the manual is wrong on that.

Regards!

Zardoz
Corporal

Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:41 am

Thanks all. I'll try out those supply ideas when I play next. The Christmas break should allow some time for serious gaming.

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”