Lemelem
Private

Caesar vs Pompey Major Victory

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:02 pm

I captured all the cities in the objectives list. Why didn't Scenario finished with a major victory?

[ATTACH]32045[/ATTACH]
Attachments
asdasd.jpg

Franciscus

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi

Major victories/defeats are determined by NM. You will win a major victory when your NM reaches 175, or when PMP NM drops to 25 or below.

Minor victories/defeats are determined by VP totals

Regards
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

FroBodine
Corporal

Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:01 am

So, how else can you increase your NM besides taking objective cities? If he owns all cities, how can one continue to boost their NM past the threshold for a major victory?

Lobuzio
Conscript

Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:33 am

Some regional decisions ?

PhilThib

Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:03 am

And also game options (games, propaganda campaigns, etc...)

James D Burns

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:18 pm

Destroying enemy combat units in battle does both. It increases your morale and decreases his morale. He's so close to 25 now one or two big fights should do it for you. Assuming of course he still has armies on map to attack.

Jim

Durk

Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:52 am

This is such an excellent game to play, not fair to Pompey, but totally fun.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:55 am

Durk wrote:This is such an excellent game to play, not fair to Pompey, but totally fun.

Is this scenario unbalanced in favor of Caesar? I mean I know they probably are very historical. I'm playing a PBEM as Pompey. I did ok at first but Caesar has a doom stack and is destroying my armies slowly.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

Durk

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 am

Do not fight Caesar where he is, fight him where he is not. Especially if he has built a stack of doom, he will have many places ripe for Pompey's forces. This is how Pompey wins. Remember, Caesar must win all. Pompey can merely hold a few important places, maybe even Rome if Pompey still has a decent fleet.

arsan

Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:35 am

Durk offers good advice. But still, I would say this scenario is not balanced at all. Pompey has a very difficult task ahead.
You can win as Pompey, but hardly against a skilled played. Instead it makes a very nice scenario to be played against the AI or a less skilled player.

Maybe you and your rival can swap sides and play a second game to balance things.

Regards

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:30 am

I was beginning to think it was me. Thanks for the words. Right now, my NM is about 97 and his is about 81. I managed to destroy a stack of about 1600 power but he has my main forces pinned up in Spain.
To End All Wars AAR in the War Room. Join us as we laugh, we cry, we drink beer, and we joke on how badly I play......

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?36936-To-End-All-Wars-AAR-Western-Entente-against-the-AI-of-Central-Powers!

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:31 am

Durk wrote:Do not fight Caesar where he is, fight him where he is not. Especially if he has built a stack of doom, he will have many places ripe for Pompey's forces. This is how Pompey wins. Remember, Caesar must win all. Pompey can merely hold a few important places, maybe even Rome if Pompey still has a decent fleet.

That is actually my motto in these games. Hit him where he ain't. I know poor English, but it comes from a professional baseball player who played back in the 1950s or so.

Durk

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:07 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:I was beginning to think it was me. Thanks for the words. Right now, my NM is about 97 and his is about 81. I managed to destroy a stack of about 1600 power but he has my main forces pinned up in Spain.

A thing to try, if you have not, send a small cavalry force to neutralize the zoc and march your main army with avoid combat, I use blue/green, but other players say blue/blue or stronger.

Durk

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:08 am

H Gilmer3 wrote:That is actually my motto in these games. Hit him where he ain't. I know poor English, but it comes from a professional baseball player who played back in the 1950s or so.

I actually got clobbered by a Pompey who just played the grasshopper.

H Gilmer3
AGEod Grognard

Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:21 am

I have misplayed it too, mostly because I was not familiar with the scenario.

How was he able to keep away from your main stack?

Durk

Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:10 am

He hit every region where I was weak starting with Italy. I spent the whole game trying to swat him. I would run to Italy, he would appear in Spain. I would counter in Spain and Italy, splitting my main army, he would strike in Greece. It was a wonder to behold how he:
1. Never lost a fleet and army to a storm.
2. Managed to take objective regions and corn supply.
3. Knew when to withdraw.
Finally, he had the 'stack of doom.'

Return to “Alea Jacta Est”