Tamas

Update 1.0.6.1 has been released

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:38 am

Hi Everyone,

Patch 1.0.6.1 is now available via the auto-updater, plus from the Members Area of the Matrix homepage (you need to log in and register your serial number to access it):
http://www.matrixgames.com/members/members.asp

This small update does only one thing: it makes the game work better with DirectX11 video cards. So if you had issues with running the game, do try this update!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EdDawg
Conscript

Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:43 pm

After the update I have been unable to build new units. When I pull up the unit pool box, I can only see one type of unit, supply, artillery, flatboat, there is no information (combat power or state.)

tribeticus
Captain

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:03 am

EdDawg wrote:After the update I have been unable to build new units. When I pull up the unit pool box, I can only see one type of unit, supply, artillery, flatboat, there is no information (combat power or state.)

I have the same problem, the game is now slower and I can't recruit units. My saved games are also screwy, there is no description underneath.

Please help this patch has ruined my game (Steam Version)

tjbova
Civilian

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:30 am

It's not working. Is here link I can reload the old version?

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:38 am

You can get the July 1.06 patch from the matrix site. Though, I'm not sure if applying the old patch will make the game work again, you may need to do a full reinstall.

I couldn't find any patch notes on this new update, but it was more than just a DX11 update:
[ATTACH]39860[/ATTACH]

Hmm...
Attachments
fancywords.png

tribeticus
Captain

Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:47 am

Yes the interface looks different in some respects, worse in my opinion, aside from the fact that it destroyed the game.

tribeticus
Captain

Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:04 am

FYI Clean install does nothing if the new patch is also applied. Since I have Steam there is no way to by-pass the patch that I know of since it automatically updates.

SO, until this is fixed I am unable to play...

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:08 am

Tamas wrote:This small update does only one thing: it makes the game work better with DirectX11 video cards. So if you had issues with running the game, do try this update!

You also have a 3rd party program, 'ENBSeries' in this patch. I'm curious, why? I was under the impression that this wrapper needs presets specifically tailored to the game to have any positive effect. Without them, it decreases the graphical quality of the game, while also increasing the GPU load.

I compared the new patch to the old one, the new patch seems to have a lower graphical quality, its more blurry...

Pocus

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:52 am

Hi gents,

Sorry for the troubles. The specific issue of not seeing recruitable units (except the first type) is now fixed internally and we will release a patch asap.

The ENB dll is there to help prevent problems on some video cards, there should be no adverse effect to your game look. If you are adamant the game looks more blurry now, do a before/after screen capture and compare.

As for the other side effects you might see on the interface, is was bound to happen because we did some work for Wars of Napoleon and the AGE engine has a common code base, so by updating CW2 these changes went in, and there was no other choice for us, sorry. That's the cost of having a common engine running 15 or so topics/wars. Now if you see a UI detail that is really killing your eyes, tell me and I can perhaps do a specific code for CW2 so you are back to what you liked.

Thanks for your understanding anyway. As always the Ageod team is a bit spread and tight on schedule and we still do our best, maintaining older games and developing new ones. Both with the old AGE engine and the new Archon engine.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Tamas

Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:42 pm

The update which fixes this issue is going to be available via the updater in about an hour. I'll might not be online then so I thought I leave you guys a message. :)

The fix is already live on Steam.

Thanks for your patience!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

csiemers
Sergeant

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Downloaded the fix, but the game is still unplayable, at least for me.
What has happened is now the reaction to mouse input is extremely delayed or just doesn't happen. For example I can double click to my hearts content on say a unit for New York but the map takes "forever" (many many clicks) to go to New York. Also, just selecting the Exit to Menu takes "forever" too with many many many clicks that have to be done.
Also, I noticed a slow down in loading the game at start, starting a New game, and then loading the game.

Cardinal Ape
General of the Army

Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Thanks for continuing to support this old game.

--

I did a quick screen compare, things seem less sharp overall. The most noticeable change is on the unit type icons, they look depressed. The chevrons are also a bit harder to see.

[ATTACH]39861[/ATTACH]

The ENB site says that a default configuration is worse than the original game in most cases. It looks like a preset to sharpen things may help.

If I haven't had any problems while running the game previous to this patch, then I should be able to delete the d3d8.dll and revert back to the old graphics without breaking the game, correct?

Doing that wouldn't change the new message log stuff, though. After a long time playing these games its going to take some getting used to. It does seem a bit gaudy and over-the-top, but that is just my preference. I'd guess it is more useful in games that have more than two factions.
Attachments
newhook.png

Baris
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:20 pm

Yes I've just tested it and it is much blurry. Also same as WON, graphic settings doesn't allow changing some texture configurations. I think it doesn't benefit in terms of speed. It was fine overall.

James W. Starnes
Corporal

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:42 pm

I have the same problem as Cardinal Ape. It's blurrier than before. I am running with an EVGA GTX 1070.

csiemers
Sergeant

Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 pm

csiemers wrote:Downloaded the fix, but the game is still unplayable, at least for me.
What has happened is now the reaction to mouse input is extremely delayed or just doesn't happen. For example I can double click to my hearts content on say a unit for New York but the map takes "forever" (many many clicks) to go to New York. Also, just selecting the Exit to Menu takes "forever" too with many many many clicks that have to be done.
Also, I noticed a slow down in loading the game at start, starting a New game, and then loading the game.

Tried again today and it is working much better. Maybe the fix wasn't completely applied, or something. Not noticing any other issues so far in the little bit I've played.

havi
Colonel

Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:05 pm

Question

I have a new PC so do i havety put in all the upgrades or does i have all the upgrades at 1.06??

Lannister
Civilian

Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:21 am

I have the same problem as Cardinal Ape.
(on the unit type icons, they look depressed).
Nvidia GTX 680

Captain_Orso

Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:34 pm

It appears that the 1.06.1 patch has been pulled. I cannot find in in any of the Matrix download locations.

Tamas

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:01 am

Captain_Orso wrote:It appears that the 1.06.1 patch has been pulled. I cannot find in in any of the Matrix download locations.

Should be available in the Members Area now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tribeticus
Captain

Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:46 pm

From what I see the patch has been fixed, the only thing i see that is different aside from some basic presentation is the chevrons and general insignias for the unit files are hard to see. But otherwise the game is playable again.

Captain_Orso

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Tamas wrote:Should be available in the Members Area now

Got it now. Don't know why hit wasn't showing up before Image

wrlertola
Corporal

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:27 pm

Started a new game this morning (8/30) w/Union after checking for new update from the title screen (had latest version already). When recruiting units I could change types (Inf/Cav/etc...) and region but only the first unit listed for that region/all shows. When I purchased all the available units for the first state/territory listed then the next state/terr. on the list became available. IE: Under the ships tab - flatboats purchased all and riverine MO displayed, same with other unit types. Aside from the icons/chevrons everything else seemed okay.

EDIT: Uninstalled/reinstalled and the recruitment screen now displays properly. Still has the on map nato symbols looking like they want to be 3d'ish but everything else looks fine. Thanks!

tribeticus
Captain

Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:32 pm

Strangely the order of the units in the recruitment screen are all reversed, going from strongest to weakest left to right instead of the other way around.

packersfanmw87
Corporal

Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:40 am

I'm having no problems with gameplay but graphically and performance-wise. The graphic are blurred and off-center. I can see the lines between individual provinces as if they are floating apart. Clicking doesn't always work the first time or two and scrolling on the map is choppy (before this update with my new computer, everything was great except for the occasional crash at the end of a turn...haven't experienced any crashes since the update, but everything else has deteriorated :(

tribeticus
Captain

Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:20 am

That's a bummer. Try playing the vanilla game on a clean install with nothing added. That is what I did until things worked better, make sure to restart the computer too. Then I added my mods in and I was even able to use my saved games after I got the vanilla to play ok.

Hopefully that helps you. Seems like each computer has a different issue, but I did have messed up graphics like you at first -- It has all improved since I did a clean install with whatever fix to the patch that was implemented.

Bernadotte
Lieutenant

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:42 pm

James W. Starnes wrote:I have the same problem as Cardinal Ape. It's blurrier than before. I am running with an EVGA GTX 1070.
I also had the same problem as Cardinal Ape! Blurry NATO-Icons and Chevrons :p leure:
What helped me was the solution recommended in this thread/post: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?50107-Problems-with-the-new-update&p=384718&viewfull=1#post384718

VPaulus wrote:For those experiencing blur, lag (buttons and map) and other graphical glitches, please try removing the DX wrapper that we have added in the last patch.
Open the game installation folder and find two files, d3d8.dll and enbconvertor.ini. Rename then as _d3d8.dll and _enbconvertor.ini.
Run the game and check if the issue persists.

Thanks to VPaulus and all the others, works like charm!!! :thumbsup: :w00t:

BigDuke66
General

Re: Update 1.0.6.1 has been released

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 am

So how "playable" is 1.0.6.1?
My last game was with 1.0.6 purposely because of all the troubles with 1.0.6.1.
"Spread word to every slave, that even the mighty republic bleeds when struck!"
Join the Napoleonic Wargame Club
Join the American Civil War Game Club
Join the The Blitz Wargaming Club

Nikel

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:06 am

The problems were graphical, if you had not the problems, no need to update.

The "old" 1.06 can still be downloaded.

http://ftp.ageod.com/pub/CW2/CivilWarII ... p-v106.zip

merlin55
Conscript

Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:41 pm

Hello all,
I am returning to CW2 after several years away and I have a question about the upgrade. I have installed to CW2 Bloody Road South and was wondering if I still need to update to 1.0.6.1 if I have Bloody Road South added.
Thanks!
:D

Nikel

Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:16 pm

Check the version you are playing on the loading screen (bottom right).

The last is 1.06.03.

http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/CivilWar ... v10603.zip

Return to “Civil War II”