ReneTS
Corporal

Develop territory

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi

Is it worth investing in this, as i see a lot of players using it a lot? But how much do you actually gain from improving a province?

Nappy
Corporal

Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:35 pm

I use it mostly to curb rebels.

lycortas2
Captain

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:55 pm

I use it along roads I think I will use regularly that have 20 development; a couple of develops per province speeds movement and supply flow.

Aurelin
Colonel

Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:23 pm

I do it when I have money. But I'm fighting a winter campaign.

Vive L'Me

Durk

Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:56 am

Also, if you increase regions to close to 100 you gain more production.

Captain_Orso

Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:46 am

Developing a region increases the overall Development level in the region, and inhabitant's Loyalty level to your faction. Whether this is a tangible advantage to your faction is dependent on the current levels in the region.

IIRC production jumps at 50, 75, and 100% Loyalty, and the same for Development. So, for example, with a lot of Austrian regions they have 50% Development. If I use an RGD to raise Conscript or Horses in such a region, Development will go down a few points, thus dropping below 50, which in turn will decrease production. With the Development RGD, Development can be raised back up to 50+, and thus the bonus becomes affective again.

Using Development randomly just anywhere, will raise Development and Loyalty, but that, in and of itself, may do nothing for you in the overall. You really have to look at each situation individually.

Lynxyonok
AGEod Veteran

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:13 pm

Develop territory is one of the most important aspects of this game. As French, it allows you - over time - to create super-highways to move troops much faster from one edge of your empire to another. As Coalition, it is vital to speed up arrival of Russians troops. Pick one route that is the most important to you and develop it until everything is 90+ (Rich). Remember, speed difference between "wild" and "rich" is 4 (four) times.

Nappy
Corporal

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:45 pm

Lynxyonok wrote:Develop territory is one of the most important aspects of this game. As French, it allows you - over time - to create super-highways to move troops much faster from one edge of your empire to another. As Coalition, it is vital to speed up arrival of Russians troops. Pick one route that is the most important to you and develop it until everything is 90+ (Rich). Remember, speed difference between "wild" and "rich" is 4 (four) times.

I was just thinking about your comment, from wild to rich...does develop territory create major roads?...say I want to establish a route through forest/etc.....over time, will it create an express though what would be normally a very slow slog, not only for passage but supply, etc?

lycortas2
Captain

Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:18 pm

It does not create roads, you would have to play Pride of Nations for that, but just having a higher development does speed your troops and supply.

Pocus

Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:49 am

It can create tracks though, IIRC

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Captain_Orso

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:35 pm

I don't recall an RGD for creating Tracks in WON, but another question has dawned on me. Are the movement bonuses for Tracks, Roads, and Major Roads absolute, regardless of Development, or they cumulative? I've been assuming they are cumulative, but if they are not, it would make developing regions to increase movement pointless.

PhilThib

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Modifiers for transport network (tracks, roads, major roads) are absolute, they always give the same percentage off the normal cost.

But, as the rule rulRgnDevMoveSpeed = 1 is active in WON, region development affects the overall move cost (most likely post the transport discount)

Conclusion: RGD to improve development ARE usefull

RebelYell
General of the Army

Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:24 pm

PhilThib wrote:Modifiers for transport network (tracks, roads, major roads) are absolute, they always give the same percentage off the normal cost.

But, as the rule rulRgnDevMoveSpeed = 1 is active in WON, region development affects the overall move cost (most likely post the transport discount)

Maybe rename it to Develop infrastructure?

Captain_Orso

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:02 pm

PhilThib wrote:Modifiers for transport network (tracks, roads, major roads) are absolute, they always give the same percentage off the normal cost.

So, tracks, roads, and major roads reduce the normal movement cost, each by their own fixed percentage Image, and the normal movement cost depends on the terrain and the development level of the region, then...... Image

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”