Jerzul
Captain

Army Timeline

Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Can someone give me (or point me to the wiki) that can tell me at what point you can have more armies? I know when the game starts you can have a max of 3 armies, when does that expand? Thanks!
I have heard, in such a way as to believe it, of your recently saying that both the army and the government needed a dictator. Of course it was not for this, but in spite of it, that I have given you the command. Only those generals who gain success can be dictators. What I now ask of you is military success, and I will risk the dictatorship.

-Abraham Lincoln, 1863, in a letter to Major General Joseph Hooker.

clandini5
Corporal

Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:01 pm

searched around a little these were in the 1.03 patch notes, at the start 3 armies for each side, March 1862 - 6 armies for each side, March 1863 on 9 armies for each side

RebelYell
General of the Army

Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:00 pm

Basically it is Union waking up slowly, CSA has trouble getting Corps commanders for the armies it starts with..

The game should allow 1 *** and 2 ** promotions per every army allowed, based on seniority order.

Captain_Orso

Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:11 pm

I can't remember the CS leaders and ranks so well, but the Union always has more than enough 2 and 3 star generals; not necessarily goods one, but they've got them.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:I can't remember the CS leaders and ranks so well, but the Union always has more than enough 2 and 3 star generals; not necessarily goods one, but they've got them.

CSA does not even have the worse ones that are up in seniority like Van Dorn.
This is a crazy situation where Union gets an unfair advantage in the army structure used in game.
The army creation has been changed so many times since AACW and still does not work IMO.

I suggest giving 1 *** promotion for both sides per every army allowed and 1-2 ** promotions for CSA and 2-3 ** promotions for the Union.

Adding costs for the creations of Armies and Corps is something that can be looked at also while doing this change.

Edited the ** promotion suggestions.

Rod Smart
Colonel

Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:29 pm

About once a year.

From 3 to 6 to 9.

Not sure why anyone would ever run out of 2 stars. Unless you're purposely not promoting (Hood), having 2 stars in charge of Divisions (Stonewall Division), or sending your 3-0-0 bums to Siberia/West Texas (Floyd), you are doing something wrong.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:40 am

Rod Smart wrote:About once a year.

From 3 to 6 to 9.

Not sure why anyone would ever run out of 2 stars. Unless you're purposely not promoting (Hood), having 2 stars in charge of Divisions (Stonewall Division), or sending your 3-0-0 bums to Siberia/West Texas (Floyd), you are doing something wrong.

If the Union is not attacking everywhere in the first year there are no promotions.

Captain_Orso

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:35 pm

The only think I know which has changed since AACW is that Army-HQ units are no longer necessary to create an army command. Nothing else has changed.

RebelYell
General of the Army

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:51 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:The only think I know which has changed since AACW is that Army-HQ units are no longer necessary to create an army command. Nothing else has changed.

The present creation is fine, only thing missing are the commanders for those armies.

The seniority loss was changed to happening two times a year, one has to wonder why there needs to be a loss for anything else than loosing battles.

If the Unions does not attack on all axis 61-62 you have to send your best division generals on some wild raids and hope to get some small battles for promotions.

Is this WAD?

Captain_Orso

Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:28 pm

What seniority loss?

Return to “Civil War II”