Can we talk about Qatar now? :)

Vezina
Lieutenant

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:37 am

My turn's in. Thanks for the delay!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:44 am

Vezina wrote:Not sure when the turn is getting processed, but I would like a few extra minutes to get mine done. It shouldn't take me too long.

NP, going up now.

coolbean
Major

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:30 am

All, I would like to submit the following event to be reviewed by you guys then included in a turn. A while back, a random game-generated crisis cropped up that transferred Qatar from USA to GB, when USA was declaring a protectorate. The USA and GB had an out of game agreement about the region, and came to an agreement to transfer the region back. Can you guys review the following script? I am unsure how to test it, and am very unfamiliar with writing scripts in general. In summary, there are three structures in Qatar: a Consulate, Mission, and Tradepost. The Consulate and Mission should be transferred, the Tradepost will remain in GB's hands.

Event:

SelectFaction = $CMN

StartEvent = Return of Qatar to USA|1|1|Null|Null|Null|Null //Single execution

Actions

SelectFaction = $USA
ChangeResStock = $merDiplomat;-1

SelectRegion = $Qatar
SetColonialPen = 69
ChangeRgnOwner = $USA

//Transfer of Qatar structures
SelectFaction = $GBR
SelectRegion = $Qatar
RemoveStructure = ByDefUID $Consulate;RANDOM;SINGLEFAC
SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Qatar
CreateStruc
SetType = $Consulate
SetName = Consulate
Apply

SelectFaction = $GBR
SelectRegion = $Qatar
RemoveStructure = ByDefUID $Mission;RANDOM;SINGLEFAC
SelectFaction = $USA
SelectRegion = $Qatar
CreateStruc
SetType = $Mission
SetName = Mission
Apply

EndEvent

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:43 am

Yeah, I'll take care of it so long as there are no issues beyond my ability to solve. May not be tomorrow, depends on how the day goes, but I'll get to it soon.

nemethand
Colonel

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:16 pm

How are playerwise? joetabler told me ha had to quit for the time being and I see Swedish and Spanish ords missing for quite some time.

coolbean
Major

Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:42 pm

Spain and Ottoman Empire should in particular be interesting nations to play, it's a shame if they're not being played currently. I think Spain in particular has access to some fairly good resources in their colonies. I'm not sure if Sweden would be exciting enough to keep someone's interest though.

nemethand
Colonel

Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:48 pm

coolbean wrote:Spain and Ottoman Empire should in particular be interesting nations to play, it's a shame if they're not being played currently. I think Spain in particular has access to some fairly good resources in their colonies. I'm not sure if Sweden would be exciting enough to keep someone's interest though.

Completely agree with that. Maybe lordlau1 can reconsider dropping Spain for either of those.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:35 pm

We should be getting a new player for Spain. Mimii2 is joining the game, I just sent him a dropbox invite.

Agreed on the OE. Someone should grab them, I know from experience that they're great fun to play.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:26 am

As also communicated by e-mail, I added a modded TradeAreas.ini file to the dropbox folder (in Game Files/VGN/GameData), to fix the previously discussed issue of Austria's lack of access to a maritime trade box. In the new file, the Austrian home trade area is connected to the Mediterranean trade box, fixing this issue. It will only work if everyone downloads the fix - not just the host - so please update your Pride of Nations install. :)
Fiat iustitia Image Pereat mundus

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Requesting a blanc .ord for Austria due to not having access to my home PC today.

coolbean
Major

Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:55 pm

De_Spinoza wrote:As for the OE lacking a player: I agree direct conflict with the OE is unfair now that a player lacks, but don't think we should be forced to wait with Wallachia and Moldavia. The OE would possibly gain a cb on Russia and Austria but a human player wouldn't have any realistic possibility of using it. A DoW on the OE itself is a different matter, for that a player is needed - although should this happen, we can also agree to have a Great Power allied to the OE momentarily take over the OE to fight the war, or even take over just to intervene in Wallachia and Moldavia if said player thinks it would be needed for the balance of the game. I personally have no problem with that, but it would require a vote.

Grabbed this from the diplo thread. Not sure if the OE has a defense alliance with Wallachia or not, but if the OE gets involved in a war it would be good for a human to temporarily take it over. One, just for the sake of balance, but also to have a human involved in the peace negotiations. The last time I played PoN, it wasn't exactly known for the warscore and peace mechanics. The human player would have to take the current situation and future prospects of the country to heart when playing and negotiating peace.

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08 pm

coolbean wrote:Grabbed this from the diplo thread. Not sure if the OE has a defense alliance with Wallachia or not, but if the OE gets involved in a war it would be good for a human to temporarily take it over. One, just for the sake of balance, but also to have a human involved in the peace negotiations. The last time I played PoN, it wasn't exactly known for the warscore and peace mechanics. The human player would have to take the current situation and future prospects of the country to heart when playing and negotiating peace.

Agreed. It might actually be best that one of the players playing a more neutral/minor nation to take up this task, if they so wish and have the time - I remember we did this in our last PoN game, because the likelihood of conflicts of interest is less but also because it usually takes very little time to play a minor nation's turn. What do the players of Belgium/Netherlands/Japan think about this?

coolbean
Major

Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:48 am

Lukas, were you able to test the Qatar script? I can test it but am unfamiliar with how to do it :(

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:23 am

coolbean wrote:Lukas, were you able to test the Qatar script? I can test it but am unfamiliar with how to do it :(

Crap, no. Completely forgot it, sorry :(

I will try to get to it this weekend.

coolbean
Major

Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:55 pm

lukasberger wrote:Crap, no. Completely forgot it, sorry :(

I will try to get to it this weekend.

Not a problem at all... and thank you kindly. Like I said, I am just really illiterate when it comes to writing these scripts so I pretty much start by copy and pasting an old one. I really appreciate it

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:51 pm

I'll be unable to run the turn today.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:57 am

I will run the turn.

Vezina
Lieutenant

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:38 pm

As an FYI: I will be out of town from Friday, March 11th until Thursday, March 17th (and will in all likelihood miss that turn as well.) If I could get blank turns put in for France during that time, I would appreciate it.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Vezina wrote:As an FYI: I will be out of town from Friday, March 11th until Thursday, March 17th (and will in all likelihood miss that turn as well.) If I could get blank turns put in for France during that time, I would appreciate it.

No problem!

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:54 am

Hey guys, sorry I'm hung up right now. Won't get to the turn for another few hours, dunno if Brian can step in?

Vezina
Lieutenant

Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:34 am

I took care of it. Late May 1852 up.

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:07 am

Vezina wrote:I took care of it. Late May 1852 up.

Thanks!

coolbean
Major

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:27 pm

Can someone give me the quick down and dirty on how to test a script? Thank you!

De_Spinoza
Lieutenant

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Asking for about 30 min. Later turn crunch...

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Does anybody know why I don't have an option to build Sugar plantations? I seem to have all the other building options just not sugar for some reason? Thanks.

bjfagan
General of the Army

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:42 pm

Field Marshal Hotzendorf wrote:Does anybody know why I don't have an option to build Sugar plantations? I seem to have all the other building options just not sugar for some reason? Thanks.

Have you mastered the required tech level?

Field Marshal Hotzendorf
Captain

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:14 pm

I would assume so since I already have a few built, but I'm not sure.

coolbean
Major

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Can anyone test that Qatar script or tell me how to test scripts so I can do it? I would like to run the script eventually. <3

lukasberger
AGEod Veteran

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:51 pm

coolbean wrote:Can anyone test that Qatar script or tell me how to test scripts so I can do it? I would like to run the script eventually. <3

I'm running the turn now. I'll include the script and see what happens!

Return to “PON Conflict in Europe - Redux”