Stelteck
Colonel

List of minor issues (bug, not balance) of current PBEM :

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:39 pm

Hi.
I'am playing a PBEM currently. I'am end 1914 the game is quite fun.

But i found the following stranges thing so far (minor) :

- Since august, each turn i play the decision to bombard Antwerp (artillery bombardment). I have 2 railroad artillery, and last time 3 additionnal heavy artillery.
Each turn, the decision is "unsuccessfull".

- The Western entente player tried 4/5 times to send a diplomat to Romania. Each time the diplomate returned home after one turn only.

- I'am not sûre the decision : Zepelin naval scouting is working. The zepelins suffered some casualties, but the fog of was is not lifted at all and i do not see anything even if i target a blockage box.

- I had a cruiser which was bombed by the Oran Fortress... In the Mers El Khebir Bay. Probably worked as designed but it is not obvious seing the Oran Fortress which cases are under fortress influence and which cases are not.

Altaris

Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:52 pm

I think this is an engine bug, reported by another player. If *any* RGD fails to meets its cost, *all* RGDs fail. What I mean by this is, say, an RGD costs $200, but you spend all your money buying units, then the RGD is unsuccessful (due to not meeting the costs), and all other RGDs fail after it.

I'll mention it to Pocus again, as I think this impacts more games than just EAW.

Stelteck
Colonel

Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:01 pm

The "naval mine" event have some minor display issue (and my game is in english !!!!) :

Altaris

Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:54 pm

Regarding fortress bombardment of cruiser, the way AGEOD handles naval bombardments is:
- Any ship traversing two regions adjacent to the coastal guns will be bombarded
So as long as you only are in one region during the movement next to the fort, you're fine, but if you are travelling along a coast line and go through two regions adjacent to it, the coastal guns fire as you pass by it.

Stelteck
Colonel

Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks for the tips relative to fortress bombardement of navy.

I have a new clue about the "Bombard Fortification" decision that do not work. I though it was consumming amunition, but reading another time the decision, it may consume ammunition train. 4 amunition trains.
So the cost of the decision is 400 money and 800 war supply, which may be insane but whatever maybe it is not a bug.

Stelteck
Colonel

Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:28 am

I'am the first turn of 1915.

The logs say i have 3 new decisions :
- ONe remarquable officier to give ARty research boost.
- Concession to bulgaria. (OK).
- Concession to Italia. (NOK). But the concession to Italia is not available and still unlocked, even if Italia is still neutral. I will check the following turns.

Altaris

Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:41 pm

Can you post save of it continues next turn?

Stelteck
Colonel

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:43 pm

This is the save of the first turn of 1915 :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64073834/EndOfAllWar/No%20Italie%20Decision.zip

I will post the next one when it is available.

Stelteck
Colonel

Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:57 pm

Concession to Italy appeared on turn 2 of 1915 (unknown reason). So everything ok with it.

Altaris

Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:20 pm

Ok, I'll check the code behind events, might be some small typo which causes the unlock to delay a turn after the notification, but sounds like its nothing too major.

Stelteck
Colonel

Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 pm

Just a question : I'am now submarine level II as central power, but i still cannot built anything else than coastal submarines (the one with 40% speed and bad range).

I was not supposed to get / be able to construct a new model (like the one with 70% speed i have from the start in a small, unique unit) ? Maybe next turn :)

Altaris

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:55 am

It may take an extra turn before the pools get updated, if they don't next turn I'll research further. You should get new sub models at level 2.

Stelteck
Colonel

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:42 pm

It is funny a lots of events are really unpredictable.

I'am in march 1915. This turn, Airplane upgrade. But still not submarines. (But submarines tech level is 2 + 00%, but Airplaine is 2 + 10%). Maybe there is a issue with > and >= in decision ?

This turn, turkey is 100% Central, but did not join me. Probably next turn.

Quite unpredictable :D

Stelteck
Colonel

Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:00 pm

Mars 1915 : Submarines are not upgraded to level 2 yet, even if i have tech 2 + 10% :confused:
I got the lusitana event, but not sûre if i had submarines in atlantic blockage. Strange.

Another remark : I do not understand anything at the battle screen for air battle :
Help me for the love of all what is holy !!! What is this creation of Chtulu ?
Where are casualty ? Which got shoot by what ?

I'am saved by the log, which i understand. Maybe it is me.

Altaris

Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:31 am

Regarding subs, I reviewed the events, at Lvl 2 you only get an increased pool to build. They don't upgrade to next level of subs until lvl 3. But you should see quite a few more in your build pool.

Regarding air units, unfortunately it's a bit of a mystery to me how they work as well.

Stelteck
Colonel

Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:24 am

Altaris wrote:Regarding subs, I reviewed the events, at Lvl 2 you only get an increased pool to build. They don't upgrade to next level of subs until lvl 3. But you should see quite a few more in your build pool.

Regarding air units, unfortunately it's a bit of a mystery to me how they work as well.

OK thanks i probably did not understood the tech level description. It is not easy to send coastal subs to atlantic blockage box whatsoever, due to poor speed&range.

Altaris

Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:14 pm

That's intentional. The U-Boat campaign didn't ramp up until later in the war largely due to Germany not having subs capable of staying deep at sea until 1916-1917.

Stelteck
Colonel

Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:57 pm

Altaris wrote:That's intentional. The U-Boat campaign didn't ramp up until later in the war largely due to Germany not having subs capable of staying deep at sea until 1916-1917.

Thanks a lot for all your advices.
Another question related to commerce raid :

- If i use cruiser in the atlantic trade box, did this will anger the united state too, or only submarines ?
- I have tons of destroyers, do destroyers works in trade box too ? Or only cruiser ? (Especially usefull in mediterraneen).
- Did cruisers sunk trade ship too and so are usefull for reaching the minimum trade ship number of english&french ? I see no differences ever in transport ships numbers (even if i see a log saying that i sunk for X numbers of money & war supply).

Stelteck
Colonel

Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:20 am

What are the condition for the first use of Chlorine decision to be valid ? They are not described in the tooltip.

I want to use it on west front but there is no valid place. I searched everywhere, the decision is valid on austrian front near one of my fortress and on Russian/German front in one isolated army. It is very strange.

In manual it is this :

Condition(s): 1 Engagement Point, 1 National Morale, 50 War Supply, and 50 Victory, Level 2 Chemical Research must have been reached

And i'am ok with that.

This event need neighbouring heavy artillery maybe ? It is not described.

Shri

Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:05 am

@Stelteck

If i am Germany i avoid the "ATLANTIC BOX" like a plague. I do not send even transports there. I do not want the BIG BAD WOLF a.k.a. USA to enter the war on my enemy's side like EVER.

If you have the patience and luck, try to sneak your SUBS to the MED and use them as much as you want with no penalties whatsoever, other than the "Royal Navy has sunk your ships one". :thumbsup:
Rascals, would you live forever? - Frederick the Great.

Return to “To End All Wars”