Philsavory
Sergeant

Problems with French Jan 1805 Campaign.

Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:01 am

I'm playing as the French (Jan 1805 start) and it's mid 1806, and I'm at war with Prussia and Saxony. Saxony has the 'switches sides' event, which leaves me unable to move through Saxony, and most of the Grande Armee is booted out into Austria, except a Corps that got booted northwards. Prussian troops are roaming Saxony at will, though. The Rhine Confederacy event earlier in the campaign was similarly ineffective, as the Rhine Confederacy did not join the French as allies, and steadfastly refuse to. Allies are still refusing troop requests (which seems odd, given Napoleon's use of foreign troops). There's still roaming units (as mentioned by other posters), but the game seems more stable, as there is fewer crashes. There are other things (missing national modifier descriptions, 'End of HRE' event centring on Berlin (it should be Wien, surely?), supply problems in allied terrority, kamikaze British invasions, suicidal Russian batteries etc.), but other posts have covered these. I'm ploughing on with the campaign, and I'll let you know if I spot anything else. Please don't think I'm criticising for the sake of it, far from it; I'm enjoying the game, and I thought these observations may be of help in improving the game. If not, kindly disregard :) UPDATE: I've been trying to load screenshots as rar files, but it won't let me. my Rar file is 3.99mb, and allowed file size is 4.77mb, but I get a red cross when I try. :(

Captain_Orso

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Philsavory
Sergeant

Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Captain_Orso wrote:About screenshots: How To Make Screenshots and Post them in a Thread

Thanks, Orso. I will check it out. It's not that I have a problem taking screenshots, I can't understand why it won't let me upload them as a rar file.

Philsavory
Sergeant

Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:10 pm

[ATTACH]37141[/ATTACH][ATTACH]37142[/ATTACH]

I've resized them for the relevant info about Saxony.
Attachments
2016-01-23 (5).png
2016-01-23 (4).png

Captain_Orso

Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:23 pm

I don't know. On occasion the forum engine has issues with uploading files. Possibly an auto-protection mechanism to prevent spammers from filling the forum server with junk that simply turns uploading off.

I've used PhotoBucket for seven years since yesterday :p arty: and am very satisfied with it. Uploaded pictures do not get shrunk nor reformatted, regardless of their size. EG I have a 27" monitor with 2560x1440 resolution. This is a full screen screenshot from in-game. Maximize your browser window and click on the picture to get a lager view.

You can have the BBC Code automatically generated to add an illustration to a forum post. Just click on the field in PB to copy it, and then past it into the forum post where you want it.

The only caveat is that you really have to organize a good Album structure (like folders in a file system) right from the start, because although you are allowed to move uploaded pictures around, if you do that, their URL addresses will change and if you have linked them into a forum post, that link will no longer be valid.

Captain_Orso

Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:38 pm

It would have been better if you had not zoomed out so far that you can't see the city names anymore. Also, put the pointer over the mini-map unless the tool-tip is important to the illustration.

I believe Pocus is working on a solution to situations like this, but I'm not sure what his solution will be.

Is France at war with Prussia?

Philsavory
Sergeant

Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:50 pm

Yes, France is at war with Prussia. The pointer was placed to show that France isn't allowed to enter Saxony.

Captain_Orso

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:30 pm

I'm just guessing, but it may be that the game needs a turn for Saxony to enter the war along side Prussia. Logically, it should happen at the same time Saxony switches sides, but I believe it's one of the things Pocus is working on.

Philsavory
Sergeant

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:04 pm

The Saxons were allied with the Prussians, both at war with me. The event 'switches sides' should have got them onto my side, but they went neutral, and refused me access, as described above.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:58 pm

Philsavory wrote:The Saxons were allied with the Prussians, both at war with me. The event 'switches sides' should have got them onto my side, but they went neutral, and refused me access, as described above.

Actually, a little randomness (Saxony goes neutral sometimes) wouldn't necessarily be bad thing for replay value, but it would be nice to know here if it's WAD or a bug.

Captain_Orso

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:19 pm

Philsavory wrote:The Saxons were allied with the Prussians, both at war with me. The event 'switches sides' should have got them onto my side, but they went neutral, and refused me access, as described above.

In post#4 they are in a defensive treaty with Prussia.

Philsavory
Sergeant

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:22 pm

I know, it's messed up, isn't it? Surely, after 'switch sides' event, this should not be the case.

Cyrano
Conscript

Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:49 pm

I've experienced the exact same issue as Phil in my France Jan 05 game as well. Interestingly the Rhine Confederacy eventually became my satellite and ally several months later (out of the blue, I also got 3 regiments) but Saxony never switched sides.

I'm playing with the latest beta patch but the campaign was started with the previous one.

pablius
Sergeant

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:49 am

Regarding Saxony changing sides

In it´s current form the event it´s just a good peace treaty for Saxony, it doesn't actually change sides

If you want anything else, you have to mod the event yourself, there´s nothing more to it for now, don´t know if they are planning to put any more effort into it, historically Saxony did change sides an saxon troops fought for France until the later years, right now I don´t remember the exact moment they defected, maybe sometime in 1813 I guess

In my case, I decided to put them in France´s coalition for good, it doesn't do much since they have almost no troops and currently expeditionary forces are almost never agreed upon anyway, this could be modded also with some more effort

It feels better than a simple peace, I also removed it´s treaties with Austria and Prussia and decreased relationship with all of France´s enemies

Right now, satellite doesn't mean much in concrete terms, I don´t have the skills or time, but maybe someone will put together a mod that forces minor satellites to give reasonable number of troops to it´s master when asked

Montbrun
Major

Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:17 am

I've had the same issues with Saxony, as well as other French Satellites:

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?42292-Patch-1-02-Beta-January-19-2016

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”