CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

ROP sounds for WIA2?

Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:57 am

Having now played ROP and hearing the crisp battle sounds it made me long for improved battle sounds for WIA2. The fact is that the battle sound in WIA sounds like clacking together of objects and does not remotely resemble anything familiar. It really is just about the only thing missing to perfect WIA2.

Is their any way to import ROP sounds to the battles in WIA2? I supposed Indian hooping would still be missing but it would be a start.

Durk

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:53 pm

I am not very good 'under the hood,' but if you copy the music from the sounds folder of ROP and drop it in the sounds folder of WIA the music will be accessible.
Next back up the 'musics' file just in case all does not go as planned in an outside folder.
Then open the 'musics' file with a text reader. You will see how the music is ordered so the game can access it. Add in the music you like, save and close.

Maybe someone more familiar with doing this can add their method. I actually play with sound off, so have not done this much.

Of course you could use two computers and let the music of ROP play on one computer while you play WIA on a different computer.

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:41 pm

TY for your reply as always.

I am more interested in the Battle Sounds during the battle resolution then the game music. The music for ROP would not fit as well for the Frontier war of "A Few Acres of Snow". But I will try your Idea with sounds. I admit I also am not the greatest "under the hood". New battle sounds including Indians for WIA2 would be a blast!

Durk

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:37 am

Oh well then, same process for battle sounds, just use a different controlling text file.

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:03 pm

Well after tinkering with the sound and music I have definitely improved the aesthetics. I found musket barrage MP3 downloads online and made them the main battle sound during the range phase. Then I used the games own Indian close combat sounds that aren't usually used. Huge difference? Then I added the entire Last of the Mohicans soundtrack for when I play FIW. I can easily switch it for American Revolution.

Now if I can only find how to switch the unattractive generic Indian Braves picture with different pictures for each tribe. Still my favorite ageod game.

Durk

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:26 am

Actually, pictures is simpler to fix than sounds, though again, this is theoretical for me as I am fine with the existing pictures, though I would love to see your tribe specific ones. This might be a really nice tweak. This is a question of placing the correct picture in the general pic file and then associating it with the game files. I can be a bit more specific if you wish, but given what you have done, this is likely enough.

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:03 pm

The music and sounds were easy once I found which place to put them. The pictures are trickier. I was able to get rid of the French light infantry pic and keep the floppy hat militia picks but simply have them trained better. This is preferable to me.
Attachments
Micmaq-Brave.jpg
MicMaq_Indian.jpg

CatoTheYounger
Sergeant

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:08 pm

[attach]37466[/attach]attach]37464[/attach][attach]37465[/attach]
Attachments
Shawnee_Brave.jpg
shawnee Indian.jpg
Kittaning_Brave.jpg

Return to “BoA2: Wars in America”