bommerrang
Sergeant

Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:36 pm

Pocus,
Your instructions to download the beta patch are apparently incorrect. When I try and browse to the path you recommend it does not work because it adds "Matrix Games" after your path. When I try to type the path you said we needed the install freezes. Have you actually tried to install the patch yourself?

AndrewKurtz

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Link no longer seems to work.

Montbrun
Major

Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Yup - appears that the download is no longer available.

Captain_Orso

Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:31 pm

You can download the patch from here for the next 7 days: WONSetup_publicbeta102_Dec21.exe

zooter
Captain

Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:23 pm

I had that problem I just backspaced "Matrix Games" out and the patch loaded fine.

oho
Corporal

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:40 am

Hello,
playing as French in the grand campaign with beta patch for me the biggest problems are the „tourist units” wandering around on the map (Russian and Spanish I encountered) and many artillery and supply brigade units that occur every turn out of nowhere in Bavaria. Are they intentionally left behind from AI-driven Austrian corps that are fleeing from the advancing French or is this a bug?
For the AI not building strong enough armies, as described in another threat, is there a workaround by letting the AI “see” everything in the difficulty options?

Pocus

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:14 pm

Patch updated with the January 5th version!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

oho
Corporal

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:02 am

Are the small AI Units (supply and artillery) that are appearing in the campaign game and the Tourist Units wandering around adressed in the january patch?

veji1
AGEod Guard of Honor

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:47 am

oho wrote:Are the small AI Units (supply and artillery) that are appearing in the campaign game and the Tourist Units wandering around adressed in the january patch?

I don't think so yet because there is a bit of AI scripting to do behind that, this patch is a bit of bug fixing (bad firing events, one known CTD) and some data changes (ships ROF and range, etc...) but I would assume that being back from holidays they are really going to start working on more hearty patching now. Structural changes I would like to see :
- A simplification of diplomacy with satellites being just that : no independent diplomacy only event-driven reaction to outside circumstances, passive armed forces except for the expeditionnary forces. Simplified and less active diplomacy from minor states, really mostly reactive.
- A more concentrated military AI which focuses on having stacks as big as possible within command limits so that we avoid the ridiculous lonely units wiping up fest.
- A system devised to help the AI regenerate military forces after a defeat has wiped them : spawning of armies cadres that then need to be filled in with replacement and stay fixed for example. This is key for long GC enjoyability.
- Fixing of all the supplies issues linked to campaigning through allied territory : as an example I am right now in early 1807 campaigning in Prussia and even though I have depots all the way to Bayreuth, when Saxony switched sides it meant I couldn't build a depot in Saxony and the supply flow is basically cut and can only flow through Hannover/Magdebourg/Berlin which means the southern offensive through Silesia, deprived of supplies, has had to be completely abandonned and I had to hide my stacks in a panic in Austrian cities accross the border (because of peace treaties I can go there) where at least they don't starve to death like in Breslau or Kattowice.

These are to me the important structural changes I would like to see. It doesn't mean a new game, it doesn't mean a new architecture, etc, but it means making the best of this game which in some cases (minor and satellite states) means less is better : less AI, less diplomacy, less military initiative. This game isn't about Wurtembergers wandering in Bohemia on their own or Moroccasn duking it out with Algerians. It should focus on the 7 big powers and the key medium/minor powers who deserve some form of AI (Danemark, Portugal, Bavaria, a few more maybe). Basically just have a dozen or so of real AIs and strip the rest of the countries to the bare minimum.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:45 pm

I installed the January fifth patch, but when I launch the game, it says that it is still the December 21 patch.

Did I actually install the patch?

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:02 pm

vaalen wrote:I installed the January fifth patch, but when I launch the game, it says that it is still the December 21 patch.

Did I actually install the patch?

Mine says Jan 5, so I assume yours didn't take. Is there by any chance a separate "Matrix Games" folder inside your WoN game directory? If so, then the patch just added a folder inside a folder and didn't really change anything.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:40 am

fred zeppelin wrote:Mine says Jan 5, so I assume yours didn't take. Is there by any chance a separate "Matrix Games" folder inside your WoN game directory? If so, then the patch just added a folder inside a folder and didn't really change anything.

There is no such file int eh WON folder, but the installation path on the patch is a question. Do you know the correct installation path for this patch?

Thanks,

vaalen

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:14 am

vaalen wrote:There is no such file int eh WON folder, but the installation path on the patch is a question. Do you know the correct installation path for this patch?

Thanks,

vaalen

I think by default both the initial installer and patches all are set to install into C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Wars of Napoleon. So I think if you install the game there, the default settings should work.

I never install games into the (x86) folder, though. I always set up a C:\Games folder (or E:, etc. depending on which drive I'm installing to) and install everything there. (I also remove the reference to a "Matrix Games" folder becasue I like have each of my games in its own folder and listed alphbetically in a single "Games" folder.) If you do install to a custom folder, anything other than the default (x86) folder, then you have to be sure and point the installer to the correct folder (using the Browse button in File Explorer).

You might execute the patch installer again. Odds are whatever installation path is shown when you run it again is where the patch installed last time.

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:09 am

fred zeppelin wrote:I think by default both the initial installer and patches all are set to install into C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Wars of Napoleon. So I think if you install the game there, the default settings should work.

I never install games into the (x86) folder, though. I always set up a C:\Games folder (or E:, etc. depending on which drive I'm installing to) and install everything there. (I also remove the reference to a "Matrix Games" folder becasue I like have each of my games in its own folder and listed alphbetically in a single "Games" folder.) If you do install to a custom folder, anything other than the default (x86) folder, then you have to be sure
and point the installer to the correct folder (using the Browse button in File Explorer).

You might execute the patch installer again. Odds are whatever installation path is shown when you run it again is where the patch installed last time.

It was set to install to C:\ Program Files {v86} Matrix Games\ Matrix Games.

This does seem wrong, and I will try the installation path you suggested.

I appreciate the help.

Vaalen

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:16 am

Thank you Fred Zeppelin, the installation path you provided worked, and the game shows the proper patch date when it loads.

fred zeppelin
Colonel

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:18 am

vaalen wrote:It was set to install to C:\ Program Files {v86} Matrix Games\ Matrix Games.

This does seem wrong, and I will try the installation path you suggested.

I appreciate the help.

Vaalen

Assuming you installed the game into the default folder initially, you should be able to remove the second "Matrix Games" reference in the patch path and have it work fine. (If you installed it previously using the path you described, then you probably have a second Matrix Games folder inside your original Matrix Games folder, which you should delete just to avoid confusion down the road.)

vaalen
AGEod Guard of Honor

Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:46 am

fred zeppelin wrote:Assuming you installed the game into the default folder initially, you should be able to remove the second "Matrix Games" reference in the patch path and have it work fine. (If you installed it previously using the path you described, then you probably have a second Matrix Games folder inside your original Matrix Games folder, which you should delete just to avoid confusion down the road.)

Thanks, I will delete it.

Pocus

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:14 am

Patch updated to January 13th version!

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

TC271
Sergeant

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:10 pm

GDoW event not firing automatically on 01/01/1807 which is good - event is unlocked so I will activate next turn and report back to see if the teleportation bug is solved.

Pocus

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:40 pm

Please note that in this version, and extensive work from Lodilefty has been implemented:

Strait and passing fire
Forts will now fire only on ships passing in "designated regions".
All rivers and "estuaries", Dardanelles/Bosphore, and Neva Mouth are "designated"
There is also some chance that passing ships will evade fort fire. You will see a message if this occurs.
Gibraltar will no longer fire at the straits! Ships passing in Coastal Waters will no longer be fired upon!

Badger One
Civilian

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:41 pm

Ok so I am not a computer genius, that being said I have purchased Four games from AGEo.d, BOA2, CVII, CVII The Bloody Road South, and WON. BOA2 works great and I love it, which is why I bought more games. I have played CVII and Bloody Road South for about a year and they worked fine, however now that I have purchased WON both games and WON keep crashing! I have uninstalled and re-installed them several times, downloaded the patches, etc but NONE of these games will work as promised except BOA2 and I am pissed! How do I get a refund for these potentially great games that DO NOT WORK? I have read the forum posts, and yes I have Direct X version 9 or better, plenty of space and CPU power sooooo what gives? I am tired of waiting for a "fix", and like I said now games that I have owned and played for a year won't work! Suggestions and or information on how I can get a full refund would be appreciated.

lodilefty

Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:04 pm

Pocus wrote:Please note that in this version, and extensive work from Lodilefty has been implemented:

Strait and passing fire
Forts will now fire only on ships passing in "designated regions".
All rivers and "estuaries", Dardanelles/Bosphore, and Neva Mouth are "designated"
There is also some chance that passing ships will evade fort fire. You will see a message if this occurs.
Gibraltar will no longer fire at the straits! Ships passing in Coastal Waters will no longer be fired upon!

Note that this rule will only be operational in new games, not games continued from previous versions.....
Always ask yourself: "Am I part of the Solution?" If you aren't, then you are part of the Problem!
[CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER]Visit AGEWiki - your increasingly comprehensive source for information about AGE games[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Rules for new members[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Forum Rules[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Help desk: support@slitherine.co.uk[/CENTER]

Sir Garnet

Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Curious if it is now impossible to be penalized for not exercising CBs if such declaration of war is not possible (e.g., target is a satellite).

Pocus

Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:06 pm

what was the chance you replied within the hour about that were as I was at the same time checking this message

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?41724-WON-Fixprovements-List&p=363966&viewfull=1#post363966

you posted about 3 weeks ago about the same exact issue? :)

I'm removing CB against satellite, it makes no sense indeed!

marechalDavout
Private

Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Keep on this good work

elxaime
General

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:51 pm

Will the Ottoman leader changes be coming soon?

PhilThib

Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:12 am

elxaime wrote:Will the Ottoman leader changes be coming soon?

Those you suggested are in since some time already :D ...and now our friend Ace is complaining about them. See: http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?41473-Ottoman-Leaders-Seem-Unfinished-and-a-minor-concern-on-Ornano

Pocus

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Path updated to January 19th version!

Also don't hesitate to grab the manual errata, in the main forum

Philsavory
Sergeant

Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:27 pm

Pocus wrote:Path updated to January 19th version!

Also don't hesitate to grab the manual errata, in the main forum

Nice work, thanks for the latest patch. I'll start a new campaign tonight, and keep you posted. :thumbsup:

gazfun
Corporal

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:59 am

Have started a multiplayer with the 13th January patch will the 19th January patch if uploaded cause a problem, in a multiplayer game?

Return to “Help improve WON”