James D Burns

Minor power diplomacy AI issues

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:20 pm

Been playing a game as the Ottomans vs. the AI and I think the minor and tribal nations diplomacy AI is turned off. I've probably spent all but 4 or so of the points I've gotten on diplomacy actions for minor and tribal nations and every single one has been failed due to no response. Not one action has succeeded in over a half a year of game time (end of July 05 now). Did someone forget to program the minor AI's to respond to the Ottomans?

AI is on, all behaviors are on and give more time is on as well.

Jim

gekkoguy82
Major

Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:54 am

Playing as France, I've yet to have a minor power respond to any of my overtures either.

Pocus

Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:18 pm

I'll check that but not before January then. Are you checking all messages, they can ignore your requests and don't even reply if the relationships are too low.

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

James D Burns

Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:52 pm

Pocus wrote:I'll check that but not before January then. Are you checking all messages, they can ignore your requests and don't even reply if the relationships are too low.

Yeah everyone is ignoring regardless of relationship levels. Many of the minors have pre-existing high relations but no one replies to anything and I've spent every point I've gotten for almost a year now and nothing.

Jim

dpt24
Sergeant

Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:09 pm

I've made treaties with German Minors playing as France in SeaLion

Pocus

Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:10 pm

There will be an improvement on minor allies, they will always "read their mails" when you send them diplomatic requests ;)

Hofstadter's Law: "It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's law."

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”